This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

The Broncos were far from perfect his rookie year and he was well above average. Average QBs don’t go 4-1 with teams that finish the year below .500. That’s the QB I believe Lock can be given circumstances better than he was given last year. Circumstances that only guys like Brady or Mahomes could overcome.
    I guess teddy isn't average since he's 3-1. Didn't he make the playoffs in Minnesota..yup...

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

I guess teddy isn't average since he's 3-1. Didn't he make the playoffs in Minnesota..yup...
      He finished with an interception out of two pass attempts as the Vikings won 34–7.

Lol he totally lead the vikings to the playoffs.
      Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post

He finished with an interception out of two pass attempts as the Vikings won 34–7.

Lol he totally lead the vikings to the playoffs.
        As if lock could lead anything but the league in incompletions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Look at the Broncos franchise QB records. The fall off from the top is pretty far. Outside of a couple Qb this franchise has been QB starved.
          That's a reality a few football teams and their fans have to understand. Not everybody is like Green Bay whom went from hall of fame QB that played almost 20yrs to another Hall of fame QB playing almost 20yrs. Hell some teams keep getting pro bowl level QBs and still can't make the playoffs or win a ring. So imagine how it is for a team like Denver that seemingly only get a high caliber QB as often as the Detroit Tigers play in a world series....
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Whelp...

The Offensive game plan was ineffective and adjustments were not made. Teddy Bridgewater was inaccurate and could not handle the pressure from the Ravens' Defense. Our O-Line/protection packages were overwhelmed and could not help alleviate that pressure. Our skill players made mental and physical errors often enough that plays that would have saved drives were not made.

Our Defense was hampered by an ineffective mix of contain and pressure on QB Jackson. Several Ravens' offensive players simply outplayed our defensive players on several occasions. Still, if we had an effective Offense on the field I think the Defense played well enough to have won that game.

Although it's worth mentioning that Drew Lock didn't go through the week of practice as the assumed starter so he missed out on that preparation, he looked like a deer in the headlights out there. I saw the same lack of awareness in the pocket, the same inability to read a D both pre and post snap, and the same issues with mechanics leading to bad throws that I've seen since we drafted him. I honestly expected him to do better, but he didn't. And sealing his day off with yet another red zone turnover was just icing on the cake.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

He’s a bit above average. And he’s not going to improve. Lock is anywhere from below average to well above and we need to find out now so we know where to go from there.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Whelp...

The Offensive game plan was ineffective and adjustments were not made. Teddy Bridgewater was inaccurate and could not handle the pressure from the Ravens' Defense. Our O-Line/protection packages were overwhelmed and could not help alleviate that pressure. Our skill players made mental and physical errors often enough that plays that would have saved drives were not made.

Our Defense was hampered by an ineffective mix of contain and pressure on QB Jackson. Several Ravens' offensive players simply outplayed our defensive players on several occasions. Still, if we had an effective Offense on the field I think the Defense played well enough to have won that game.

Although it's worth mentioning that Drew Lock didn't go through the week of practice as the assumed starter so he missed out on that preparation, he looked like a deer in the headlights out there. I saw the same lack of awareness in the pocket, the same inability to read a D both pre and post snap, and the same issues with mechanics leading to bad throws that I've seen since we drafted him. I honestly expected him to do better, but he didn't. And sealing his day off with yet another red zone turnover was just icing on the cake.
                Honestly, this is the best analysis of the game that I’ve seen today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki

Of course he might not have a good game in that situation. I am pretty patient. If lock had 2 consecutive years with a good coaching staff and still couldn't do it I would conceded that point..
                  Lock struggles with nearly every aspect of the game. Today he had trouble dumping off the ball. It’s easy to blame the coaching over his time in Denver. He hasn’t improved tangibly since his first pre-season game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Lock struggles with nearly every aspect of the game. Today he had trouble dumping off the ball. It’s easy to blame the coaching over his time in Denver. He hasn’t improved tangibly since his first pre-season game.
                    He struggled on a few of those passes that could’ve had some yards after the catch. Gave the defense time to come up and make a tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post

He struggled on a few of those passes that could’ve had some yards after the catch. Gave the defense time to come up and make a tackle.
                      Yes indeed.

Comment

• Sorry everyone. Thread needs to be cleaned. I will do it later. Please do not take the arguments to other threads.

This thread still applies:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...message-boards

Thanks for understanding.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Please watch the language and stop calling out people's fandom.

Read the CoC and this thread:

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/for...message-boards

Thanks.
                          Thread cleaned.

Respect. We could use more of it.

Nastiness. We could use less of it.
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Today's game showed there is definitely room for improvement .

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Today's game showed there is definitely room for improvement .

ya think lol the offense is still major flawed at the most important spot QB and the OL isnt far behind

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post

ya think lol the offense is still major flawed at the most important spot QB and the OL isnt far behind
                                I think I might reverse those. TB has played decently despite the oline playing consistently poor. If the line could improve, I think (?) Bridgewater would be okay.

I was worried about the line before the season. But people smarter than I continually claimed the oline was going to be very good. I didn't understand why they believed that. Now, it seems the line is below average, even with the starters. Today, they were even worse in pass pro. I don't see how they can improve for this season. I'm sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X