X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mediaperch
    replied
    Josh Allen would have been benched and replaced with some washed up QB like we do now. Living in NY and watching every bills game, he did suck his first couple years, nothing would have changed, instead of TB we'd be starting some other washed up scrub, rinse and repeat. The Broncos will not developed their own QBs, if you ain't winning superbowls after one year, they and the fans move on.

Leave a comment:

• Zanataki
    replied
    Originally posted by PA_Broncos_Fan View Post
    Good thing we got Bradley Chubb instead of Josh Allen.
    He would suck here too and some people would say, ""He doesn't have it."

Leave a comment:

• Zanataki
    replied
    Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post

Guess we need to find one who can.
    Drew was doing that under Scangarello.

Leave a comment:

• PA_Broncos_Fan
    replied
    Good thing we got Bradley Chubb instead of Josh Allen.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by bronco30 View Post

i agree with you about the secondary and OL but if we had an upper tier QB he would hide some of the flaws like PM used to..... also some very questionable play calling on both sides of the ball
    Well, that goes without saying. The point is, a good coach (a genius on defense) should’ve able to win with average QB

Watching Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, and Justin Herbert…. I get angry with Elway.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    If Johnson could hold onto 2 easy picks in his hands, then it's a very different outcome. They scored a TD on at least one of those and I don't recall if the one was a TD or FG.

So yeah a 10 or 14 point swing if he just catches the damn ball

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Nobody should be surprised by Teddy's blah play....that's who he is. So much of his career stats are garbage time
    True story. Look at his splits by quarter and then by score differential.

Don't scouting teams look at this crap?

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

My thinking is PS is getting 10x the QB play he received thru 5 games last season. While Teddy B is hardly looking like a top 15 QB… the completion %, the turnovers, and the overall leadership, poise, & decision-making are superior to what DEN had at this point last year…

Den averaged 20.2 ppg last season;
    Den averaging 20.4 ppg this season.

If the QB play is upgraded from league-worst to middle of pack, why isn’t this improvement reflected in the overall picture of PPG?

It must be bc of the game plans and play-calling.

not to acquit Teddy B. However, while he clearly isn’t winning games… he’s isnt playing poorly enough that he’s costing the team wins.

The secondary and the OL… this is hurting the team more…
    i agree with you about the secondary and OL but if we had an upper tier QB he would hide some of the flaws like PM used to..... also some very questionable play calling on both sides of the ball

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Uh yeah he was a problem

The only problem? No. But that dude sucks. 3rd and long this dude throws 4 yard passes. I'm done with this retread QB crap.

Bridgewater stinks on ice. Quit peeing in people's face and trying to tell them it's raining.
    My thinking is PS is getting 10x the QB play he received thru 5 games last season. While Teddy B is hardly looking like a top 15 QB… the completion %, the turnovers, and the overall leadership, poise, & decision-making are superior to what DEN had at this point last year…

Den averaged 20.2 ppg last season;
    Den averaging 20.4 ppg this season.

If the QB play is upgraded from league-worst to middle of pack, why isn’t this improvement reflected in the overall picture of PPG?

It must be bc of the game plans and play-calling.

not to acquit Teddy B. However, while he clearly isn’t winning games… he’s isnt playing poorly enough that he’s costing the team wins.

The secondary and the OL… this is hurting the team more…

Leave a comment:

• Njbroncofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I’ve stuck up for Fant, but he’s looking more and more like a bust. The amount of wasted draft picks they’ve made over the last few years is staggering.
    The only positive was we got Risner along with trading down with the Steelers. Regarding Risner at least he had a good rookie year not sure if he's progressed much since.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied

I’ve stuck up for Fant, but he’s looking more and more like a bust. The amount of wasted draft picks they’ve made over the last few years is staggering.
    Especially on Big 10 TEs. I still don't understand Elway's obsession with those guys.

But, anyway, I think Fant has the chance to become very good. But, probably not with shurmer.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

That's because, imo, he's not being used like he should. A TE who can run a 4:5 in the 40 is a massive mismatch against 90% of all LBs and most SS's. He needs an offensive minded HC to utilize him properly
    Agree. The blocking however is an issue. Granted he’s not a blocking TE but he misses badly on his assignments.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Not defending Teddy - he actually had a play I remember - got the 1:1 and adjusted. Just over threw the ball.

Regarding Fant - whiffed on a block when Williams tried to get the edge. Whiffed on another block that immediately forced Bridgewater to bail. Fant has been a huge disappointment as a #1 pick.
    That's because, imo, he's not being used like he should. A TE who can run a 4:5 in the 40 is a massive mismatch against 90% of all LBs and most SS's. He needs an offensive minded HC to utilize him properly

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Reminder: This coaching staff and most of the roster is a product of Elway.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied

I can live with fewer receptions/yards especially when that can be partially determined by the offense, QB, etc. But when he can’t impact with even basic blocking, he’s useless. Those are the lesser seen things that impact a game more than we sometimes know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X