Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shurmur was very bad, the line was not good and no pressure from the D. I put a LOT of the blame on Teddy. Fant didn't have his 1st look till what, the 4th quarter? Sure Pat should have been calling some better, more aggressive play calls but Teddy should be able to navigate and change plays if he sees trouble of he sees something to exploit. That's his job to put the offense in a position to succeed. Maybe he doesn't have that freedom to change plays but I'm betting he does

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

They don’t trust him to execute Shurmur’s offense. Bridgewater hardly looks much better in this offense.

The common denominator is Shurmur. When all your QBs look bad, you can’t blame it on the talent level…
      The issues aren’t exclusive to coaching or the quarterbacks. Did Shumur under throw the ball to Sutton on that final drive for a TD, or the INT?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I wasn't one of them
        Me either never wanted him
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

And Bridgewater did what he does best. Nice and safe. Until it matters. Pretty much the Bronco QB mold for several years now.

Broncos: 3rd and 13 at the 30. Throw a 5 yard pass and McManus kicks a 39 yard FG.

Steelers: 3rd and 13at the 30. Throws to the first down marker, incomplete, and they kick a 49 yard FG. Then they did it another time and got a penalty that led to a TD.

You only make the shots you take. At least Bridgewater protected his completion percentage.
          In addition he took a terrible sack after the long run by Williams to get in scoring position. I expect Zack Wilson to take those sacks, not a veteran like Bridgewater. Throw the ball away. He just drifted back and folded.

Comment

• Nobody should be surprised by Teddy's blah play....that's who he is. So much of his career stats are garbage time

Comment

• TB was pretty lame most of the game today.
              I wasn't very impressed.
              https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

Shurmur was very bad, the line was not good and no pressure from the D. I put a LOT of the blame on Teddy. Fant didn't have his 1st look till what, the 4th quarter? Sure Pat should have been calling some better, more aggressive play calls but Teddy should be able to navigate and change plays if he sees trouble of he sees something to exploit. That's his job to put the offense in a position to succeed. Maybe he doesn't have that freedom to change plays but I'm betting he does
                Not defending Teddy - he actually had a play I remember - got the 1:1 and adjusted. Just over threw the ball.

Regarding Fant - whiffed on a block when Williams tried to get the edge. Whiffed on another block that immediately forced Bridgewater to bail. Fant has been a huge disappointment as a #1 pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Not defending Teddy - he actually had a play I remember - got the 1:1 and adjusted. Just over threw the ball.

Regarding Fant - whiffed on a block when Williams tried to get the edge. Whiffed on another block that immediately forced Bridgewater to bail. Fant has been a huge disappointment as a #1 pick.
                  I’ve stuck up for Fant, but he’s looking more and more like a bust. The amount of wasted draft picks they’ve made over the last few years is staggering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

I’ve stuck up for Fant, but he’s looking more and more like a bust. The amount of wasted draft picks they’ve made over the last few years is staggering.
                    I can live with fewer receptions/yards especially when that can be partially determined by the offense, QB, etc. But when he can’t impact with even basic blocking, he’s useless. Those are the lesser seen things that impact a game more than we sometimes know.

Comment

• Reminder: This coaching staff and most of the roster is a product of Elway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

That's because, imo, he's not being used like he should. A TE who can run a 4:5 in the 40 is a massive mismatch against 90% of all LBs and most SS's. He needs an offensive minded HC to utilize him properly

Comment

That's because, imo, he's not being used like he should. A TE who can run a 4:5 in the 40 is a massive mismatch against 90% of all LBs and most SS's. He needs an offensive minded HC to utilize him properly
                          Agree. The blocking however is an issue. Granted he’s not a blocking TE but he misses badly on his assignments.

Comment

Especially on Big 10 TEs. I still don't understand Elway's obsession with those guys.

But, anyway, I think Fant has the chance to become very good. But, probably not with shurmer.

Comment

The only positive was we got Risner along with trading down with the Steelers. Regarding Risner at least he had a good rookie year not sure if he's progressed much since.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Uh yeah he was a problem

The only problem? No. But that dude sucks. 3rd and long this dude throws 4 yard passes. I'm done with this retread QB crap.

Bridgewater stinks on ice. Quit peeing in people's face and trying to tell them it's raining.
                                My thinking is PS is getting 10x the QB play he received thru 5 games last season. While Teddy B is hardly looking like a top 15 QB… the completion %, the turnovers, and the overall leadership, poise, & decision-making are superior to what DEN had at this point last year…

Den averaged 20.2 ppg last season;
                                Den averaging 20.4 ppg this season.

If the QB play is upgraded from league-worst to middle of pack, why isn’t this improvement reflected in the overall picture of PPG?

It must be bc of the game plans and play-calling.

not to acquit Teddy B. However, while he clearly isn’t winning games… he’s isnt playing poorly enough that he’s costing the team wins.

The secondary and the OL… this is hurting the team more…

Comment

Working...
                                X