This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

My thinking is PS is getting 10x the QB play he received thru 5 games last season. While Teddy B is hardly looking like a top 15 QB… the completion %, the turnovers, and the overall leadership, poise, & decision-making are superior to what DEN had at this point last year…

Den averaged 20.2 ppg last season;
    Den averaging 20.4 ppg this season.

If the QB play is upgraded from league-worst to middle of pack, why isn’t this improvement reflected in the overall picture of PPG?

It must be bc of the game plans and play-calling.

not to acquit Teddy B. However, while he clearly isn’t winning games… he’s isnt playing poorly enough that he’s costing the team wins.

The secondary and the OL… this is hurting the team more…
    i agree with you about the secondary and OL but if we had an upper tier QB he would hide some of the flaws like PM used to..... also some very questionable play calling on both sides of the ball

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      Nobody should be surprised by Teddy's blah play....that's who he is. So much of his career stats are garbage time
      True story. Look at his splits by quarter and then by score differential.

Don't scouting teams look at this crap?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• If Johnson could hold onto 2 easy picks in his hands, then it's a very different outcome. They scored a TD on at least one of those and I don't recall if the one was a TD or FG.

So yeah a 10 or 14 point swing if he just catches the damn ball
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post

i agree with you about the secondary and OL but if we had an upper tier QB he would hide some of the flaws like PM used to..... also some very questionable play calling on both sides of the ball
          Well, that goes without saying. The point is, a good coach (a genius on defense) should’ve able to win with average QB

Watching Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, and Justin Herbert…. I get angry with Elway.

Comment

• Good thing we got Bradley Chubb instead of Josh Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post

Guess we need to find one who can.
              Drew was doing that under Scangarello.
              Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by PA_Broncos_Fan View Post
                Good thing we got Bradley Chubb instead of Josh Allen.
                He would suck here too and some people would say, ""He doesn't have it."
                Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

• Josh Allen would have been benched and replaced with some washed up QB like we do now. Living in NY and watching every bills game, he did suck his first couple years, nothing would have changed, instead of TB we'd be starting some other washed up scrub, rinse and repeat. The Broncos will not developed their own QBs, if you ain't winning superbowls after one year, they and the fans move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by PA_Broncos_Fan View Post
                    Good thing we got Bradley Chubb instead of Josh Allen.
                    I am not sure if Allen develops at all under Fangio and his offensive coaches.

There was also a pretty big trade available that we passed on for Chubb.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Well, that goes without saying. The point is, a good coach (a genius on defense) should’ve able to win with average QB

Watching Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, and Justin Herbert…. I get angry with Elway.
                      Elway wanted Josh Allen but appears to have been talked out of it by those who thought him just another giant with a big arm and accuracy issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I am not sure if Allen develops at all under Fangio and his offensive coaches.

There was also a pretty big trade available that we passed on for Chubb.
                        Most responses to missing drafting a great quarterback go something like, “Fans wouldn’t have been patient with Allen” and “Our coaches would not have helped him develop”. The fact is the Broncos failed to draft a great quarterback - the rest is speculation. Actually the fan base for the most part has been patient with Lock.

Comment

not to acquit Teddy B. However, while he clearly isn’t winning games… he’s isnt playing poorly enough that he’s costing the team wins.

The secondary and the OL… this is hurting the team more…
                          Definitely. Bridgewater, to this point, has been the QB he was expected to be. I haven't been disappointed by his play because I wasn't expecting a world-beater.

However, the secondary and offensive line have both been poor, with neither playing anywhere near their potential.

If the Steelers game is anything to go off, coaching still remains the biggest issue. Hopefully they can turn things around.

Comment

• Allen would’ve been a beast here. Daboll didn’t do crap for his development. It’s hilarious the stuff you guys throw out there, to try to make yourselves feel better about this teams massive failures the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Allen would’ve been a beast here. Daboll didn’t do crap for his development. It’s hilarious the stuff you guys throw out there, to try to make yourselves feel better about this teams massive failures the last few years.
                              It took three years for Allen to prove the Bills weren’t stupid for drafting him.

Coaching absolutely matters.

Allen went to the right situation for him.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
                              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                                Allen would’ve been a beast here. Daboll didn’t do crap for his development. It’s hilarious the stuff you guys throw out there, to try to make yourselves feel better about this teams massive failures the last few years.
                                That you and I agree 1000%. People on this board are so funny any qb you say come here they say "he wouldn't be develop here bc of Pat" if their last name us not lock lol. In saying that, they are putting 100% of lock play on Pat Shurmur and that's crap. We could have had several qbs and the first thing they say is our OC won't be able to develop them. Maybe they don't have the qb they need Elway took lock.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X