Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterbacks don’t usually improve their accuracy from college to the NFL.

Allen is the exception, not the rule.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl
    Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It took three years for Allen to prove the Bills weren’t stupid for drafting him.

Coaching absolutely matters.

Allen went to the right situation for him.
      Lol c’mon now! Have you seen the type of plays and throws Allen makes? It’s pure talent, he’s making his coaches look good, that the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Lol c’mon now! Have you seen the type of plays and throws Allen makes? It’s pure talent, he’s making his coaches look good, that the other way around.
        He is making most of his plays outside of the pocket and using his legs....you can't coach that I'm sorry.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

He is making most of his plays outside of the pocket and using his legs....you can't coach that I'm sorry.
          Just so you know. What I am about to say doesn’t apply to you.

It’s funny to see the same people who wish for Josh Allen are the same people who dismiss Justin Fields as a bust.

There we’re legitimate concerns about Allen that indicated he shouldn’t have been drafted high.

Somehow the Broncos should have drafted him but not Justin Fields.

It’s easy to use hindsight to say that they should have drafted Allen. It’s a hollow statement. 31 teams failed to draft Tom Brady. 32 teams failed to draft him before the sixth round. Several teams failed to draft Aaron Rodgers. Several teams failed to draft Joe Montana. It happens. Teams often fail to draft a great quarterback. Several teams failed to draft Patrick Maholmes.

I’m on record saying I wanted Micah Parsons so no one better claim I’m upset about them not drafting Fields. I just don’t like the disparaging remarks about him, especially from those who somehow think the Broncos didn’t have legitimate reasons for not drafting Josh Allen, when the most glaring reason is the one that quarterbacks rarely ever improve.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl
          Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Just so you know. What I am about to say doesn’t apply to you.

It’s funny to see the same people who wish for Josh Allen are the same people who dismiss Justin Fields as a bust.

There we’re legitimate concerns about Allen that indicated he shouldn’t have been drafted high.

Somehow the Broncos should have drafted him but not Justin Fields.

It’s easy to use hindsight to say that they should have drafted Allen. It’s a hollow statement. 31 teams failed to draft Tom Brady. 32 teams failed to draft him before the sixth round. Several teams failed to draft Aaron Rodgers. Several teams failed to draft Joe Montana. It happens. Teams often fail to draft a great quarterback. Several teams failed to draft Patrick Maholmes.

I’m on record saying I wanted Micah Parsons so no one better claim I’m upset about them not drafting Fields. I just don’t like the disparaging remarks about him, especially from those who somehow think the Broncos didn’t have legitimate reasons for not drafting Josh Allen, when the most glaring reason is the one that quarterbacks rarely ever improve.
            Josh Allen in a vacuum, whatever, they missed it. But, it’s not just Josh Allen. It’s 5+ years of terrible decisions, they loved Dak but drafted Lynch, they loved Allen but drafted Chubb, they loved Herbert but never made a legitimate effort to trade up and get him, they loved Darnold, he was available this year for nothing but they opted for Bridgewater.

Everything points back to the FO and their multiple failed attempts at recreating 2015.

Comment

• Before the 2018 Draft, Josh Allen was considered gifted but a bit raw and more of a project so lots of folks around here were completely against drafting him. If the Broncos had done so, then Allen's development would have been hamstrung by a carousel of bad OC's (Musgrave, Scangarello, and Shurmur) and shifting offenses. Buffalo offered stability, continuity, and better coaching which developed Allen's potential into the great pro quarterback he is today. In Denver, he likely would have been discarded already as a "bust".

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
              2021 Adopted RAM: Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                Before the 2018 Draft, Josh Allen was considered gifted but a bit raw and more of a project so lots of folks around here were completely against drafting him. If the Broncos had done so, then Allen's development would have been hamstrung by a carousel of bad OC's (Musgrave, Scangarello, and Shurmur) and shifting offenses. Buffalo offered stability, continuity, and better coaching which developed Allen's potential into the great pro quarterback he is today. In Denver, he likely would have been discarded already as a "bust".
                Totally disagree. More than 90% of people on here never heard of Daboll before Allen. With a different qb different decision, runs, and throws would have been made which in turn play calling would have been different.

When people say that their are putting all of lock/TB issues solely on the o.c. and that's not true.

Sometimes when qbs play bad...its just that, they played bad.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanataki View Post

Drew was doing that under Scangarello.
                  Lol, sure. ok.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X