Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2021: Week 6 Raiders vs Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Oh well it still wasn’t as bad as this i suppose , where wade phillips was actually head coach and john willheeverleave elway was at qb , jeff hostetler threw 4td’s for the then la raiders.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...9409180den.htm

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
      Oh well it still wasn’t as bad as this i suppose , where wade phillips was actually head coach and john willheeverleave elway was at qb , jeff hostetler threw 4td’s for the then la raiders.

      https://www.pro-football-reference.c...9409180den.htm
      https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1010240den.htm

      Reminded me of that one. No coaching, no talent in offense.
      sigpic

      Hooray, beer!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

        https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1010240den.htm

        Reminded me of that one. No coaching, no talent in offense.
        wow i wasn't following football much then but thats roflmao crap , hahaha sorry i had to

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

          wow i wasn't following football much then but thats roflmao crap , hahaha sorry i had to
          It was embarrassing and got McDaniels fired.

          Fangio better be gone by the end of business today.
          sigpic

          Hooray, beer!

          Comment


          • The Broncos have a lack of coaching and roster talent. It’s not one or the other. Pretty much everyone agrees the team needs a better quarterback - that’s an issue with talent. There are other needs on the roster. As fans we elevate skills of players because they are wearing the Broncos uniform. The coaching staff is clearly lacking however, you don’t get spanked repeatedly like the Broncos have over the past three weeks if you have a talented roster. Enough good players can at the very least push other teams to the limit to scratch out a win. It’s easy for teams to beat the Broncos in all phases.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              The Broncos have a lack of coaching and roster talent. It’s not one or the other. Pretty much everyone agrees the team needs a better quarterback - that’s an issue with talent. There are other needs on the roster. As fans we elevate skills of players because they are wearing the Broncos uniform. The coaching staff is clearly lacking however, you don’t get spanked repeatedly like the Broncos have over the past three weeks if you have a talented roster. Enough good players can at the very least push other teams to the limit to scratch out a win. It’s easy for teams to beat the Broncos in all phases.
              Yup. This.

              When players are yelling at coaches on the sideline, with all of the above aforementioned, you just inherited a losing season.
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                Yup. This.

                When players are yelling at coaches on the sideline, with all of the above aforementioned, you just inherited a losing season.
                Where we were viewing the game I didn’t even see the issues with players yelling at coaches. That’s an indication of a team without leadership from coaches and veteran players.

                I’m open to Paton having a fair opportunity to rebuild. However he’s going to need to get to work soon assessing everyone - every player, coach, assistant coach - everyone. He should be looking at releasing veterans who aren’t giving full effort. Let young guys from the practice squad show what they can do. Send a message to players that lack of effort and real leadership will not be rewarded.

                Comment


                • For the past few years it seems like we have had a pretty talented roster. It just seems to me they have bad leadership on the coaching staff????
                  https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                    Where we were viewing the game I didn’t even see the issues with players yelling at coaches. That’s an indication of a team without leadership from coaches and veteran players.

                    I’m open to Paton having a fair opportunity to rebuild. However he’s going to need to get to work soon assessing everyone - every player, coach, assistant coach - everyone. He should be looking at releasing veterans who aren’t giving full effort. Let young guys from the practice squad show what they can do. Send a message to players that lack of effort and real leadership will not be rewarded.
                    Again, you nailed it. There's no accountability or leadership. There's no one to answer to if you screw up. You can play as bad as you want and you're not getting the hook because the coach is too busy pretending to coach.

                    Agreed on the second part. Hinton especially deserves more playing time. Saubert too. JAVONTE.
                    sigpic

                    Hooray, beer!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

                      Again, you nailed it. There's no accountability or leadership. There's no one to answer to if you screw up. You can play as bad as you want and you're not getting the hook because the coach is too busy pretending to coach.

                      Agreed on the second part. Hinton especially deserves more playing time. Saubert too. JAVONTE.
                      Same on your posts - spot on. Fangio was a good coordinator, maybe great in some aspects. He just wasn’t cut out for the next level.

                      In the near term if the Broncos get smoked by the Browns which is likely, Paton’s actions will tell us a lot. If the team loses and fails to play competitive, Fangio needs to go. If not it will be a sign Paton doesn’t have what it takes to turnaround the franchise. No need to delay the inevitable.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                        Looking at the box score stats for the game and watching the action offer totally different perspectives from each other.

                        To anyone watching this was a truly horrendous game from the Broncos. However, the stats suggest that it was actually much closer and probably turned on one of two plays. For example if Fant keeps his feet in bounds at the back of the endzone (far from impossible- we see it done so often); the final drive would have been to win the game.

                        -We had 421 total yards to the Raiders 426 yards.
                        -25 first down to the Raiders' 16 first downs
                        -3rd down efficiency was pretty bad for both - Broncos 5/14; Raiders 4/11.
                        -We ran 25 more plays.
                        -We had the ball for 9 more minutes.

                        Where the Raiders excelled was on long passes. Carr only had 18 completions but threw for 340 yards.

                        I guess the point of this post is that whilst the overall performance was disastrous, within the wreckage there was enough to suggest that with better coaching and execution (and yes some but not many playing personnel changes) we could compete at this level.
                        Agreed. The team has talent. They lack good coaching... Still. But they also lack the belief that they will win. So many years of losing has removed their expectation and they don't have the leadership, player or coaches, to fix that. I don't believe it's effort, they usually play hard, but it appears they expect to lose more plays than they win and that they have accepted losing as inevitable.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X