This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Wait. I don’t get it. Can someone please explain to me what happened. I thought Dallas blocked the punt so why are we celebrating?

what was our lucky break?
    See post #644.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post
      Who recovered the ball on that blocked punt for Denver? probably saved the game lol
      Jonas Griffith #50

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Since Dallas touched the ball past the line of scrimmages it was a live ball.
        As it always is when PR team touches, but does not field the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Same rule. When a punt is touched by Punt Return Team and recovered by Punt Team, Punt team gets possession and a new set of downs; basic Football 101.
          After seeing the replay on YouTube, I understand why they ruled it the way they did.

Had that ball bounced behind the line of scrimmage, I would say it’s a bad rule.

No part of that play felt like the Broncos should have benefited from it. But again, I’ll take it.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

One of their players made contact with the ball beyond the LOS, which counts as a muffed punt.
            Right. Muffs can't be advanced which is why Denver got the ball at -19 instead of -28 where Griffith advanced it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              That was the biggest fix call I've ever seen.

Been watching the NFL for 30 years, that is cowboys football.

This is a joke.
              Fix call? Not even. Proper application of the rules which is astounding, since it's Vinovich.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

No. It doesn't.

Find me one example in the last 25 years.
                See posts #644, #648 and #650. It's the rules which govern change of possession via punts which have been around more than 25 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post

every muffed punt. The block still resulted in the punt going forward past the LOS therefore it wasn't necessarily a 'block' it was technically a 1 yard punt that was muffed
                  Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    I think it’s a bad rule when the ball bounces past the line of scrimmage. If it went over the line in the air, I can see treating it as a muffed punt. That should have been Cowboys ball.
                    Invest in a rule book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Announcers Olsen and other guy explained it pretty good with the Fox rules guy

When the ball gets past the line of scrimmage on a punt it becomes a free ball as soon as the receiving team touches it. Any touch (block) behind the line of scrimmage does not count. Once the ball gets past the line of scrimmage and the receiving team touches the ball if they lose possession it is essentially a considered a turnover situation. The kicking team does not even need to get the ball past the first down.

Think it was more than 25 years ago but Leon Lett on Thanksgiving did this.
                      It's a muff which is why Denver got the ball at the -19 instead of the -27.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmag View Post

Sterns I think, if I rightly saw #30.
                        Jonas Griffith #50.

Comment

• Truly torn. On the one hand I want L’s and better draft position and a guarantee Vic and Shumur get canned….

But on the other hand, curb stomping the Cowboys is always a thing of beauty.

Ideally even with more wins (probably against the Eagles and Lions and I think we can catch the Chiefs slipping this year) Paton still moves on from the staff at the end of the year.

Will savor this week living amongst the Dallas faithful 

I'm becoming a big Cooper fan. Hopefully he can keeps building on his performances in Cleveland and this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
                            Truly torn. On the one hand I want L’s and better draft position and a guarantee Vic and Shumur get canned….

But on the other hand, curb stomping the Cowboys is always a thing of beauty.

Ideally even with more wins (probably against the Eagles and Lions and I think we can catch the Chiefs slipping this year) Paton still moves on from the staff at the end of the year.

Will savor this week living amongst the Dallas faithful 

I'm becoming a big Cooper fan. Hopefully he can keeps building on his performances in Cleveland and this game.
                            I guess is depends on how well we perform. 8-9, 9-8 probably won't be enough to save Vic and Shurmur. However, 10-7,11-6; and a place in the playoffs may well be.

Personally, as long as the coaches have us consistently playing to our potential, I don't care who they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I guess is depends on how well we perform. 8-9, 9-8 probably won't be enough to save Vic and Shurmur. However, 10-7,11-6; and a place in the playoffs may well be.

Personally, as long as the coaches have us consistently playing to our potential, I don't care who they are.
                              Let us get to 10-7 and give Dabol the hope that once he becomes headcoach, he can take us the rest of the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X