This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    Nice to see Surtain get schooled by Smith.....

Fields, Parsons, Slater or trade down should have been the move.

Surtain is nothing special.
    Surtain was in perfect position on that play. It was just a great catch by Smith. The only thing I could say about Surtain on that play is he needs to know there is no force out anymore. Just push him out of bounds next time the receiver is in the air that close to the boundary. Darby and Fuller got roasted all game though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Surtain was in perfect position on that play. It was just a great catch by Smith. The only thing I could say about Surtain on that play is he needs to know there is no force out anymore. Just push him out of bounds next time the receiver is in the air that close to the boundary. Darby and Fuller got roasted all game though.
      He got beat on a jump ball by a 6'1", 160 lb WR.....embarrassing. No excuse for him to give that up. Surtain is being mocked here in Philly...and rightfully so.

He's just the next overhyped CB from Alabama like Dre Kirkpatrick and Dee Milliner. Alabama cornerbacks benefit from consistently playing with a dominant front 7 year after year. It's the same reason I don't bye the hype of Alabama quarterbacks. They constantly benefit from top notch OL, WR and running backs.

Face it, Surtain is not a generational talent at cornerback.

Comment

• If we drafted Parsons, Philly wouldn't have run the ball down our throats. To bad Paton didn't know his father too.

If Surtain can't handle Devonta Smith, no way he can handle the elite receivers in this league. What a joke.

Comment

• we probably should have rolled the dice on Jones or Fields. Too late. Instead we went the safe route which seems to be the way this team is doing things. Just go 8-9 every year and all will be ok. Just garbage.
          The waste going on regarding the offensive talent on this team is just a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotst View Post

I dont need to because I'm not 5 years old and get offended by words that I read on the internet that isn't directed towards myself
            Break the CoC, get infracted, don't cry about it and we're all good.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Break the CoC, get infracted, don't cry about it and we're all good.
              The CoC and the mods make this a nice place to discuss the team we love!

https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

• Frustrating is my thought. Electric stadium, football weather, lots of noise but even this could not motivate this team. The secondary, linebackers, line, Heck the entire defense is downright deplorable. The offense is another story, but one can see more action (or lack of) at the stadium, as TV does not. This is my take on yesterdays game :

COURTLAND SUTTON , Why is he not utilized ore? He was opened a couple times and the pass went incomplete elsewhere. # 1 WR gets 3 targets.

JAVONTE WILLIAMS . Team moved up in draft to select him. He should be the # 1, He is better as a receiver out of the backfield and a powerful runner.
                Gordon has cost us another game (He needs to take responsibility here)

Teddy Bridgewater, Holds the ball TOO Long, and he cannot blame the line for the presser he is under, even with the replacements This group played their hearts out opened
                up some big holes in the run game. T.E. help to block was mediocre.

Noah Fant, Cannot Block, gets handled like a Rag doll at times. Although he does catch the ball more so than not. O B 1, is better and can block.

Jerry Jeudy, Is a favorite and effective just as Patrick is, add Sutton and with a good game plan they will be very effective.

VIC, not a head coach, after watching his press conference what hit me wrong was when he talked about going on it on 4th down but penalties and whatever else went wrong and did not allow him to make that call. What kind of reasoning is this ? Half the season is gone and still business as usual.

The Buck Stops Here, where this is I am puzzled. There were plenty 20 or so coaches on the side lines, I find it hard to believe that they are all pleased about how this season is going.

Now are the players committed this week, or are they on vacation ? IF this was my career these 2 weeks should be used to prepare for the charger's just so we don't get our butts wiped again at home. Get Drew ready, there is no way to go but up. Teddy cannot play better than our old friend Siemian, even the rookie Jones is more entertaining. I know we still do not have a franchise QB, But the current staff would just Hinder if not ruin the candidate, I can see a prospect telling Denver to not draft them as they will not play here. (just like Elway did).

Truthfully even though Denver lost, watching Drew QB was more exciting than watching Teddy Implode. At least most games were nail biters till the end. Drafting a QB will not do any justice for the player as we have the wrong Teachers here. STAFF needs a rebuild.

Hopefully change comes fast before more damage to the roster is done. so, Play Drew, The rookie RB, game plan for the offense to be successful. Wishful thinking as I think the season to be lost

Comment

He got beat on a jump ball by a 6'1", 160 lb WR.....embarrassing. No excuse for him to give that up. Surtain is being mocked here in Philly...and rightfully so.

He's just the next overhyped CB from Alabama like Dre Kirkpatrick and Dee Milliner. Alabama cornerbacks benefit from consistently playing with a dominant front 7 year after year. It's the same reason I don't bye the hype of Alabama quarterbacks. They constantly benefit from top notch OL, WR and running backs.

Face it, Surtain is not a generational talent at cornerback.
                  A 6"0 170 lb wr that won the Heisman last year beat him by inches on a jump ball so he must be a bust. Forget how he has played all season and the rest of the game. That one play means he sucks.

Comment

A 6"0 170 lb wr that won the Heisman last year beat him by inches on a jump ball so he must be a bust. Forget how he has played all season and the rest of the game. That one play means he sucks.
                    Doesn't matter if he won the Heisman. Surtain was billed as an elite cornerback. Elite cornerbacks don't get embarrassed like that.

It's not that one play means he stinks....it's that he was over rated to begin with. And we just saw why yesterday. His play has been ok against bad receivers. Decent and good receivers are, and will, expose him. He doesn't have Alabama's dominant front 7 to protect him.

Comment

• Just look up the breakdown of yesterday's game. Almost every article mentions Smith embarrassing Surtain....it's humiliating for us because we took this guy at #9 and people were proclaiming him the next Champ Bailey.

Comment

Doesn't matter if he won the Heisman. Surtain was billed as an elite cornerback. Elite cornerbacks don't get embarrassed like that.

It's not that one play means he stinks....it's that he was over rated to begin with. And we just saw why yesterday. His play has been ok against bad receivers. Decent and good receivers are, and will, expose him. He doesn't have Alabama's dominant front 7 to protect him.
                        He lost one jump ball that he made a good play on at least he wasn't burnt on the play. It was a great catch by Smith who was blanketed by Surtain. Check the 3rd quarter play where he didn't give up the reception to Smith after passing him off and coming back to almost come down with the INT.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                          This is my unofficial statistic, but the crowd was 25-30% eagles fans. The eagles chant and cheers when the eagles made a play were pretty loud. Not a fun game to be at today.
                          Must have a better view from 107, but think it is about 10 Percent. They travel well and 7000 fans from phily is what I saw and I agree they made themselfs heard. Hurts would make the broncos a contender.

Comment

He lost one jump ball that he made a good play on at least he wasn't burnt on the play. It was a great catch by Smith who was blanketed by Surtain. Check the 3rd quarter play where he didn't give up the reception to Smith after passing him off and coming back to almost come down with the INT.
                            Still gave up that touchdown. And that almost interception was because Hurts is an average quarterback, not because Surtain was able to cover Smith.

Bottom line, Surtain getting beat for that touchdown was killer. Smith punked him. It's an embarrassing moment that will never go away...not until at least for 4 years until we play the Eagles again and if he shuts down Smith, if they're still both on their respective teams. Until then, that humiliating play is a stain on him.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but Surtain was average yesterday...not the elite cornerback that everyone proclaimed.

If Smith can do that to him, the elite receivers in this league will have no problem winning jump ball contests.

Comment

Still gave up that touchdown. And that almost interception was because Hurts is an average quarterback, not because Surtain was able to cover Smith.

Bottom line, Surtain getting beat for that touchdown was killer. Smith punked him. It's an embarrassing moment that will never go away...not until at least for 4 years until we play the Eagles again and if he shuts down Smith, if they're still both on their respective teams. Until then, that humiliating play is a stain on him.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but Surtain was average yesterday...not the elite cornerback that everyone proclaimed.

If Smith can do that to him, the elite receivers in this league will have no problem winning jump ball contests.
                              It happens bro. Every elite CB has given up a few TDs, part of the game. Smith made a great catch against great coverage. They are both elite young talents and Surtain got the better of him the next situation in the 3rd quarter.

Parsons missed a tackle on Javonte Williams, I guess that will happen all the time too.
                              Slater gave up a sack to Myles Garrett, I guess that means he will struggle against all the elite pass rushers.
                              Fields went 6-20 against Cleveland guess that will happen every time he play a decent defense too.

Point is that everyone gets beat from time to time regardless of how elite people think they are, it happens in the NFL.
                              Last edited by Allen C; 11-15-2021, 09:44 PM.

Comment

It happens bro. Every elite CB has given up a few TDs, part of the game. Smith made a great catch against great coverage. They are both elite young talents and Surtain got the better of him the next situation in the 3rd quarter.

Parsons missed a tackle on Javonte Williams, I guess that will happen all the time too.
                                Slater gave up a sack to Myles Garrett, I guess that means he will struggle against all the elite pass rushers.
                                Fields went 6-20 against Cleveland guess that will happen every time he play a decent defense too.

Point is that everyone gets beat from time to time regardless of how elite people think they are, it happens in the NFL.
                                Sugar coat it any way you want....he got beat by a small receiver on a jump ball. Not out run, not juked....out jumped. Pathetic and embarrassing.

Philly is mocking him and us. They say the Broncos fans were intimidated by the Eagles fans there....just like Surtain was after that touchdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X