X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Yeah but,,,,
    I am not so sure about the 3rd and 2 in red zone, to Pass on 3rd down then run on 4th down?
    Especially when we were running the ball so good?
    That was such a frustrating end to that long drive that pretty much sums up Shurmur’s cutesy play calling. He does decently for a short time, but he has a super bad habit of trying to get too cute and basically outsmarts himself. That was such a stupid end to an otherwise excellent drive. Totally destroyed momentum and was just bad decision making on many levels.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

That was such a frustrating end to that long drive that pretty much sums up Shurmur’s cutesy play calling. He does decently for a short time, but he has a super bad habit of trying to get too cute and basically outsmarts himself. That was such a stupid end to an otherwise excellent drive. Totally destroyed momentum and was just bad decision making on many levels.
      That should have been a playaction
      Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

• I am disappointed with the way our offense can't score, even against mediocre defenses.

Comment

• Pretty sure teddy has never had a come from behind win. I know Lock has

Comment

• Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post

That should have been a playaction
            It could have been many other, better calls. On both 3rd and 4th down. Those last 2 calls in the drive were beyond terrible. At that particular moment in the game, taking the points would have been the better strategic play after that failed pass attempt on 3rd down - but a basic run up the gut on 4th and 2? Come on.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
              Pretty sure teddy has never had a come from behind win. I know Lock has
              Tim Tebow had several. Doesn't mean he was very good, just very special at specific moments. Teddy is not special at specific moments but he can usually manage a game leaning on the run. Yesterday though, he didn't do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                I am disappointed with the way our offense can't score, even against mediocre defenses.
                The Chiefs "mediocre" defense has been giving up about 11 points a game the last 6 weeks. They are far superior to Denvers offense

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

The Chiefs "mediocre" defense has been giving up about 11 points a game the last 6 weeks. They are far superior to Denvers offense
                  Okay, you're right, I meant other teams as well, not just the Chiefs. I thought some teams could score on the Chiefs a little bit in the past.

​​​​​​ The Chiefs own our division at this point.

Comment

• We’ve become the laughing stock of the NFL. All the sports networks keep playing our bad plays over and over again.

It makes me want to puke. When we do well, they don’t mention us, but when we suck, it’s all over sports media.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

Totally disagree. The league both historically and recently is littered with backups who come in and play well. 2 starters in our division came in off the bench and lit the world on fire. Teddy looked good enough in NO to get signed in CAR and ultimately here. Brad Johnson, Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Kirk Cousins, Taylor Heinecke. On and on and on.

Plenty of backups come in and play well. Some okay so well, they get a big contract and a legit shot with another team.

Most of them, however, end up fizzling out sooner than later.

Like I said, I believe Lock had a chance to be developed properly and could have become a decent starter if done correctly. Unfortunately, the Broncos completely blew it and Lock hasn’t looked good either.

It’s a two way street. I don’t think anyone gets a free pass in this situation. Lock has literally turned the ball over instantly when he’s come in this year. That is the cardinal sin for backup QBs.
                      All of whom had full weeks of practice with the starters with a gameplan designed for them. None of them looked good coming in in the middle of a game.

Comment

Working...
                      X