This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2022: Week 3 Niners vs Broncos

Welcome to gameday or more accurately game night.
    Here we are for week # 3 where the 1-1 Broncos host the 1-1 49ers.

Denver is 1-1, scoring 16 points in both games. With a little better coaching, they could be 2-0. Inexperience costs you, and Hackett’s lack of head coaching has been on full display. Perhaps the hiring of Jerry Rosburg as an assistant will help get things such as the decision making and timing a bit better than what we have seen.
    Another primetime game, another chance where every flaw or mistake will be on full display, Including all the penalties and bad play calls. How bad has it gotten in just two weeks that the Boo Birds were out and the fans had to chant the countdown clock to help the team out? Making it a bit harder, Jimmy G will be starting for the 49ers, would have rather faced Lance. Pretty sure Jimmy will have a chip on his shoulder. In limited action last week he threw for 154 yards and a TD. Rumor has it that Kittle will be making his season debut as well. I don’t know if having a Shanahan in the house is what we needed for the week. We lost to the Niners in 2010, Won in 2014, and lost in 2018. Should be our turn for a win again.
    Offensively Denver is ranked 9th and San Fran 16th. Defensively were 10 and San Fran is 28. Denver can move the ball, but the red zone is like a jilted girlfriend who refuses to let us in. Javonte had 15 carries last week for 75 yards. 5 yards a pop. Gordon had 10 carries for 47 yards. Hopefully they find lanes this weeks as San Fran is ranked 4th against the run.
    Denver went 3 for 12 converting 3rd downs last week. Sutton went off and got had 7 receptions on 11 targets for 122 yards. Wilson needs to target some of the other receivers more. In order to pass Russ will have to stay upright. He went down 3 times last week, and Bosa will be looking to smack him down for old times sake.

Not sure if Surtain will be back to help contain Deebo. Darby did a good job last week in coverage. If Kittle is back we may be tested out there. Jimmy G is not a deep hitter, but he loves the shorter and crossing routes.
    So how do we do in week 3. Not so well in recent history. Over the past 10 seasons, we hold a record of 4-6, Of the 4 wins 2 came at home & 2 one the road. Of the 6 losses, 2 were at home and 4 were on the road. Beating the Jets last years was our first week 3 win in the last 5 years.

A lot of so called experts are picking the Niners. Can’t say I blame them with what we shown the first two weeks. Hopefully that was just our version of preseason with the starters. Again emotions may be running high with the expectations we have for our team. Please watch what you post and how you react to others. Please as always follow the COC and let the always wonderful Mods here be able to enjoy the game as well. Looking for a good game, no further injuries, much much better coaching and hopefully ending the game with the “W” So once again hope everyone has a good Sunday and as always, “Go Broncos”
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

They Left Their Hearts (and Game) in San Fran Cis Co....

WE GOT THIS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Thanks, Elway!

Go Broncos!!
        Not a problem Man I hope we play better and stop shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties and play calling.
        The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

The 2 game record suggests Broncos are ahead in offense and D, and we are at home. 49ers however are favourite with bookies and I feel should win against our o-line. Our D better be as advertised.

We'll really need to light up the scoreboard to win this one: need to find 4 TD's. We absolutely need to bring our A game, get the ball out quickly and execute basic offense plays well... and we can do this...

Let's go Broncos....

Comment

Thanks Elway! I love your end zone analogy.

I worry more about the Broncos beating themselves than I do about Jimmy G and Kittle. Although, I would be much happier if neither was starting and we didn't have injuries building up. The Broncos got this though.

Go Broncos!!!
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Let's win this one!

(I am just about getting over the 55-10 game years ago, since then, I don't really care for this team much)

Comment

All blues tonight!!! I'm going to predict a special team's return by Washington to bust things open for Denver

Comment

To be the Best... You have to want it!

Get Right Broncos Protect this house Let's Ride with Russ

Jimmy G gets picked twice today, Broncos by 10

Goooooooooooooooooooooo Broncos!!!
                  [sigpic

Comment

Russ is 16-4 against 49rs in his career....#owned LOL

Comment

Go Broncos!

Would be more comfortable if Lance could have started this game. Wish the kid a speedy recovery. Shanahan’s Niners are far more dangerous with Jimmy G than without him. Should be a close game, but I think we win tonight.
                      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

one of the biggest keys to a win tonight is on defense the big boys upfront must slow down their run game they are averaging 180 per game if they get close to that i think will lose....
                        go jags go colts go titans

Comment

Good to see Surtain and Jeudy back in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                            Go Broncos!

Would be more comfortable if Lance could have started this game. Wish the kid a speedy recovery. Shanahan’s Niners are far more dangerous with Jimmy G than without him. Should be a close game, but I think we win tonight.
                            Jimmy G. is a lot more likely to get Gregory'd standing back there, let's hope we turn the dogs loose!
                            [sigpic

Comment

CLAIM JUMP THE NINERS!
                              BLAM! BLAM!
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X