Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2022: Week 3 Niners vs Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post

    I starting to think when this happens....we should start looking at moving Glasgow to C. Cushenberry can not hold his ground on pass protection.
    Glasgow gets blown up, too. When Meinerz returns, he will help Lloyd and Billy, who is an upgrade over Cam Fleming. Compton will come off the PUP list and we'll see what happens next.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

    Comment


    • STs are playing well. The kicking and coverage teams (I e., P, KO, XPA/FGA) are doing well. PR and KOR teams are still figuring out the blocking which is the hardest thing on STs IMO.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • Good to be able to get some W's while the team finds itself. I'm still not sure if our defense is 'that good' or if our opponent's offenses just haven't been
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mark222b View Post

          It is Hacketts job to provide the game plan

          It is the coaching staff's job to prepare the players to implement that plan

          It is the players job to execute the plan on the field

          That whole process takes time to perfect

          New Head Coach = New game plans that the coaching staff will have to teach to the players

          New Coaching Staff = Coaching issues while the new coaches familiarize themselves with the players' capabilities.

          New players = Execution issues while the players :

          1. Learn a new system with new terms
          2. Familiarize themselves with the other players capabilities and begin to rely on those capabilities
          3. Get timing down when executing basic plays

          All of these things take time to learn and then perfect

          We just won against a very good team
          with a championship-caliber defense
          and a punishing run offense

          We came out of the game without serious injuries and we won
          Our offense got to spend more time playing together

          We may very well crush the Raiders next week

          With all that in Mind ,,, I have to say

          Good game Hackett ... you admitted last weeks mistakes and then corrected them

          Good game Wilson ... You made crucial plays with your legs when there was nothing available for your arms

          Good game Gordon ... You were more careful with the Ball and helped Williams stay fresh

          Good game Williams ... You punished the opposing defense and tired them down

          Good game Beck ... You made several key blocks as a fullback should

          Good game tight ends ... You also made key blocks in power formations to help the offensive line dominate at times

          Good game offensive line ... Few penalties while keeping the pocket clean for most of the night (at least much better than others that played SF)

          Defense ... I am in awe ... That was one heck of a performance and you are allowing the offense time to gel.
          They owe you an Offensive whopper of a game and I hope they provide it soon.

          Special teams coverage unit ... good game ... you pinned the opponent deep several times

          All in all ... We should all be impressed with the progress this football team has made in a few short weeks
          Great post, Mark!

          Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

          Comment


          • Nice win.

            Just want to say, the one touchdown scored was by the guy y’all want to hate. It kinda felt like he was saying “bleep you people that hate me”.

            The offense better find it’s way before they start playing the good teams.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

            Comment


            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              Nice win.

              Just want to say, the one touchdown scored was by the guy y’all want to hate. It kinda felt like he was saying “bleep you people that hate me”.

              The offense better find it’s way before they start playing the good teams.
              I thought we wanted to lose when we gave him the ball. Glad he held onto it. A win is a win is a win. Our defense rocks. Our offense still needs to get it together, but I'm ecstatic that we are the only AFC west team with a win yesterday - and still believe we have the right QB in place... give him a little time.

              The refs tried to beat us yesterday, more than the Broncos tried to beat themselves, my take - but happy ending.
              sigpic
              Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
              Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
              Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
              Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

                I thought we wanted to lose when we gave him the ball. Glad he held onto it. A win is a win is a win. Our defense rocks. Our offense still needs to get it together, but I'm ecstatic that we are the only AFC west team with a win yesterday - and still believe we have the right QB in place... give him a little time.

                The refs tried to beat us yesterday, more than the Broncos tried to beat themselves, my take - but happy ending.
                I can’t believe they didn’t call that tripping. It was clear and obvious that Bosa did that intentionally.

                It did kind of even out though because there was one play where the Broncos got away with PI on a pass to Samuel.
                Last edited by broncolee; 09-26-2022, 07:07 AM.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                Comment


                • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                  I can’t believe they didn’t call that tripping. It was clear and obvious that Bosa did that intentionally.

                  It did kind of even out though because there was one play where the Broncos got away with PI on pass to Samuel.
                  It was a physical game. Denver’s D was the top hitting unit on the night IMO. Deebo got pounded. Niners turned the ball over three times; Denver none.

                  Actually the Safety could be counted as a turnover, too, because Niners had to give the ball to the Broncos. That was set up by Waitman's Punt downed inside the +1 by Mike Boone.
                  Last edited by samparnell; 09-26-2022, 02:18 PM. Reason: addition
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Nice win.

                    Just want to say, the one touchdown scored was by the guy y’all want to hate. It kinda felt like he was saying “bleep you people that hate me”.

                    The offense better find it’s way before they start playing the good teams.
                    Yeah. He also fumbled twice, so...
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      Nice win.

                      Just want to say, the one touchdown scored was by the guy y’all want to hate. It kinda felt like he was saying “bleep you people that hate me”.

                      The offense better find it’s way before they start playing the good teams.
                      If he hadn't fumbled twice prior to that we wouldn't have been in such a close game to begin with. He's utterly horrible and all he's doing is vulturing carries from a much, much better and younger player.
                      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by famicommander View Post

                        If he hadn't fumbled twice prior to that we wouldn't have been in such a close game to begin with. He's utterly horrible and all he's doing is vulturing carries from a much, much better and younger player.
                        Truth. I'm completely done with Gordon and never liked the signing. Seems like a nice guy but I would rather he play elsewhere, like tomorrow. I think Denver could do a much better job of game-planning the rushing attack. If they did, I think they would be fine with Williams, Boone, and Ozigbo (if he's still on the PS) or a different RB for depth.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by listopencil View Post

                          Yeah. He also fumbled twice, so...
                          None were lost.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • As bad as the offense has been, we have seen improvement. The offense seemed to operate more seamless, also less penalties. Definitely need to improve our o-line play, but good to see some improvement. I think our defense is good, but they haven't faced a QB just yet. Raiders are going to be starving for a win, hopefully we continue to grow and make the Raiders 0-4.

                            Comment


                            • And everyone I met at the game last night was really nice, and the 49er fans I met before and after the game were good sports

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HawaiiBroncos View Post
                                As bad as the offense has been, we have seen improvement. The offense seemed to operate more seamless, also less penalties. Definitely need to improve our o-line play, but good to see some improvement. I think our defense is good, but they haven't faced a QB just yet. Raiders are going to be starving for a win, hopefully we continue to grow and make the Raiders 0-4.
                                That should happen when Meinerz and Turner can start at RG and RT. Denver has been playing with depth/backup guys in Glasgow and Fleming. Compton will come off the PUP list and we'll see what happens then.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X