Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Game Day Thread: 2022: Week 3 Niners vs Broncos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by listopencil View Post

    Yeah. He also fumbled twice, so...
    He should have been ruled down by forward progress being stopped on the first one. The second was inconsequential as he recovered where he was tackled.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

    Comment


    • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

      I can’t believe they didn’t call that tripping. It was clear and obvious that Bosa did that intentionally.

      It did kind of even out though because there was one play where the Broncos got away with PI on a pass to Samuel.
      Yes, that and I thought coach's last challenge should have been overturned, looked pretty clear to me that Wilson got the first down.
      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

      Comment


      • Originally posted by listopencil View Post

        Yeah. He also fumbled twice, so...
        Why is always near the end zone. It hurts so bad when we take it all the way down the field to see him fumble, but seems he does so just as easy where the defense can easily run it in. Just lucky it wasn't lost either time. I would like him a lot more if he could hold on to the ball.
        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post

          Yes, that and I thought coach's last challenge should have been overturned, looked pretty clear to me that Wilson got the first down.
          They explained that in the broadcast. It’s not not the same as scoring a touchdown. In this case, it was about where the ball was when his knee was down. He pulled the ball back before his knee went down. That’s why it wasn’t a first down.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

            They explained that in the broadcast. It’s not not the same as scoring a touchdown. In this case, it was about where the ball was when his knee was down. He pulled the ball back before his knee went down. That’s why it wasn’t a first down.
            What I don’t understand is how is that any different than the forward progress rule? If a guy crosses a first down and then gets tackled a yard back they will give them the forward progress. But in this scenario when he passes the line but is getting tackled in the process which causes him to come back, why isn’t forward progress taken in consideration?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

              What I don’t understand is how is that any different than the forward progress rule? If a guy crosses a first down and then gets tackled a yard back they will give them the forward progress. But in this scenario when he passes the line but is getting tackled in the process which causes him to come back, why isn’t forward progress taken in consideration?
              Its all called willy-nilly. +75% of the time its called that way. they only make an effort to clarify a rule when its justifying a call on the field.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

                What I don’t understand is how is that any different than the forward progress rule? If a guy crosses a first down and then gets tackled a yard back they will give them the forward progress. But in this scenario when he passes the line but is getting tackled in the process which causes him to come back, why isn’t forward progress taken in consideration?
                They didn’t pull him back. He pulled the ball back. When a receiver gives ground he doesn’t get forward progress.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                Comment


                • So much bizarre stuff has happened this year. Bosa kicks Wilson in the leg tripping him, yet they pickup the flag, he’s even laughing about it. They should’ve had 1st and 10 at the Broncos 44, instead they have 3rd and 16 and the drive is dead.

                  They call that blatantly obvious penalty and that drive maybe ends in points, or they at least pin the 49ers back and the next drive ends in points.

                  Or, the punt that was downed at the 1. Somehow, the ball doesn’t touch the goal line, and somehow the player who knocks the ball out doesn’t touch it either. Great play by the 49ers, but that doesn’t happen 999 out of 1000 times.

                  They move the ball 58 yards on that drive ending on the 41, had they started on the 20 though, that drive ends in at least 3 points.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    So much bizarre stuff has happened this year. Bosa kicks Wilson in the leg tripping him, yet they pickup the flag, he’s even laughing about it. They should’ve had 1st and 10 at the Broncos 44, instead they have 3rd and 16 and the drive is dead.

                    They call that blatantly obvious penalty and that drive maybe ends in points, or they at least pin the 49ers back and the next drive ends in points.

                    Or, the punt that was downed at the 1. Somehow, the ball doesn’t touch the goal line, and somehow the player who knocks the ball out doesn’t touch it either. Great play by the 49ers, but that doesn’t happen 999 out of 1000 times.

                    They move the ball 58 yards on that drive ending on the 41, had they started on the 20 though, that drive ends in at least 3 points.
                    The tripping call really confused me. Bosa clearly lifted his leg and held it out to trip russ.

                    bosa seemed very upset when talking to the refs and i thought for sure we were getting the call and then they picked it back up.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

                      The tripping call really confused me. Bosa clearly lifted his leg and held it out to trip russ.

                      bosa seemed very upset when talking to the refs and i thought for sure we were getting the call and then they picked it back up.
                      He was laughing afterwards, like he couldn’t believe he got away with it. Just crazy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                        They explained that in the broadcast. It’s not not the same as scoring a touchdown. In this case, it was about where the ball was when his knee was down. He pulled the ball back before his knee went down. That’s why it wasn’t a first down.
                        I sometimes tune stuff out if I don't like what they're saying. Must have tuned that out...
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

                          He was laughing afterwards, like he couldn’t believe he got away with it. Just crazy
                          It was inexplicable that they picked that flag up. Clearly happened and called on field properly.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

                            He was laughing afterwards, like he couldn’t believe he got away with it. Just crazy
                            Back when BYU was in the WAC and the MW, that kind of thing happened all the time. They would argue with the refs who would pick up the flag(s)
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X