X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2022: Week 5 Colts vs Broncos

Welcome to game five of our season.

The 2-2 Broncos host the 1-2-1 Indianapolis Colts. Both teams are struggling and not looking good. We are far from the team we thought we would be, maybe it’s good we learned that lesson early.
    Sunday was brutal, we lost to a division rival. We lost Randy Gregory and Javonte Williams. The play calling still lacked imagination, and the offense was offensive yet again.

Our Prized D gave up the run game but good. Faiders had 200 yards on the ground. Josh Jacobs once again looked like a stud. He only appears to come alive when he plays us. Davante Adams broke 100 receiving yards on 9 catches. Oakland didn’t look like world beaters, but they didn’t need to against us. Melvin Gordon was among their best players, fumbling for the fourth game in a row giving them a freebie TD.

The Colts haven’t fared well either this season. Matt Ryan isn’t setting the world on fire, but has been improving each week. He threw for 356 yards and 2 TD last week. Jonathan Taylor has been ruled out with a bad ankle. That should be good news for us from a Run D stance. Hopefully we can bounce back from Sunday and vent our frustration on Indy.

The Faiders game was a step backwards. The offense sputtered again, we were totally ineffective in the 2nd half. Jeudy and Sutton only had 1 catch each after halftime. Bolles so far this season has regressed several steps back. The O-line let Max Crosby in the backfield so often, you might have thought he was dating Wilson. The Faiders D was effective enough. Wilson was pressured on 40% of his drop backs in the 2nd half and they did it without blitzing.

Colts offense hasn’t been great. This season 20% of their drives have ended in turnovers. Colts fans are used to slow starts under Frank Reich. He started 1-4 last season and made the playoffs. They are hoping for the same. Hackett only has 4 games under the belt, there has been many signs of what he can do with this team. So far our offensive guru has us averaging 14 points a game.

Besides injuries, penalties have been killing us as well this season. Denver leads the NFL with penalties. 15 of them presnap issues. Both teams have a veteran QB from another team starting for them, both will be without their star running back, both lost key defensive players last week. Most of all both need a win bad.

So how do we do in week 5 games? We are a mediocre 5-5. Of the 5 wins all were on the road. Of the 5 losses 3 were on the road two at home. Lets hope a prime time affair even on a short week spurns this team on.

Russ need to be Russ for all 4 quarters. This is game 5, everyone should be settled in with what this offense should be. Some better play calling, more tight end use, and less penalties could do a lot for us. Some crazy glue for Gordons hand would be useful as well. The signing of Latavius Murray should let him know the Broncos are looking for a capable running back. We need someone other than Sutton to start making big plays. Jeudy is hit or miss up to this point.

Colts D has gotten 7 sacks this season, but they have also given up 7 passing TDs so far. Wilson has been sack 12 times so far this season. So the Colts may not have to be great to get to Russ.

Short week anything can happen. As bad as we are a lot of people are picking us. Let’s hope we play better than our earlier two prime time games. As always please follow the COC and allow the Mods here be able to enjoy the game as well. Looking for a good game, no injuries and better execution. At the end of the day I still want the “W” good , bad or ugly. They have been ugly so far. Hope everyone has a good Sunday, enjoys the game and as always, “Go Broncos”
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Sorry "colts" but you are in Thunder country!!!

Comment

Let's beat the Baby Horsey's!!!!!
      Must win game tonight!!!!!!

Comment

No JT...no victory for the Colts!!!

Broncos dominant in this one

Comment

Matt Ryan is on pace to lead the league in sacks and turnovers!! Let's keep that momentum rolling!!!

Comment

Gotta get a W!

Go Broncos!

Protect this house
            [sigpic

Comment

I was concerned without Williams. But the advantage is certainly with The Broncs. Gordon, Murray and Boone can deliver the mail, and without Taylor and Leonard, Indy is in some jeopardy. I see The Broncs winning, maybe by a lot if things go as planned. Then again, that's why they play the game.

Comment

Time to get rolling. Let’s hope Gordon has a great game and moves past his mental fumblitis. Let’s Go.
                [D7C4396B-F1D6-4291-890C-4C7F4D83E499.jpg/SIGPIC]

Comment

No game is a gimme for the Broncos.

Go Broncos!!!!!!
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Any day the Broncos play begins as a good day, hopefully it ends tonight being a great day.

prediction, 27-17 good guys.

sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Game day GO DENVER

Comment

Denver Needs This Win Get It !! Lets Go Denver Broncos !!

Comment

Thank you Elway, always enjoy reading your game day write ups!

Have to agree with 309a - the mentality after so many fumbles may be causing more fumbles.... Want to support Gordon doing this right tonight!

GO BRONCOS!!

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                          Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

first games in many years i will not get to watch no amazon video.....well things need to be better tonight like stopping the run and be able to run it and also please football gods no more injuries

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                              first games in many years i will not get to watch no amazon video.....well things need to be better tonight like stopping the run and be able to run it and also please football gods no more injuries
                              I think you can watch on the NFL app or NFL.com since it's a nationally televised game.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X