This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Game Day Thread: 2022: Week 12 Broncos vs Ravens

Hello my long suffering Bronco followers.

Welcome to game 12 of our season.
    Nice to have you here for another episode of how will they blow it?.
    It is another early game on the east coast with a team that loves to pound the ball when they can. It’s not the question of winning or losing now. Just how bad and how will it occur?
    Not that I think we would have won a later game at home either vs this team.

It is sooo bad right now, the only real Broncos news this past week was that we got flexed out of next weeks Sunday night game becuase no one wants to see us humiliated by KC. So now late night viewers can see The Dolts vs the Fins. Sad and depressing folks.

When we got Russel Wilosn, I didn’t know the 3 on his jersey was him telling us the number of wins he’d get us this season.
    We are sitting at a sad 3-8 asking for the coach to get fired. Same as Vance Joseph in 2017, and Fangio in 2019. Both started 3-8. Vance Joseph started out 3-1 and cratered to a 5-11 season. Fango won 4 out of the last 5 to end up 7-9 overall in his first season. Didn’t get much better for either. So will they pull the plug on Hackett or give him a mulligan?

So here we are again,yet somehow it feels worse. Maybe because we have a QB with a history of winning. Maybe because of the talent on this team. We have a playoff caliber defense and a pee wee league offense. So will Hackett be around for another season? We are not seeing signs of life or improvement.

What we are seeing is Lamar Jackson and the 7-4 Ravens. We couldn’t beat the Raiders or Panthers? How we gonna stop the Ravens? Defense is good, but they are average vs the run. Our offense is toothless. If we score its because the other team messed up more than we did on that play. Ravens have an OK defense, that's all they really need vs our team.

Scoring wise 14.3 ppg. We didn’t get past 10 points vs the pathetic Panthers. We had 142 passing yards. C’mon man. The Jags Trevor Lawrence burned Baltimore's secondary for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Wilson is no Trevor Lawrence. Playing this Ravens team at their home will be ugly. Ravens are tied with the Bengals. Trying to win the division and coming off a loss.

Lamar is a dual threat. We should be more concerned with him running the ball than the Raven Running Backs. Lamar did pass for over 250 yards last week. Relied on his TEs pretty heavily. Olliver led the team in yards and Andrews he targeted 7 times.

How do we do in week 12 games. Well over the last decade we are a surprising 7-3. Of the 7 wins 5 were on the road, so we have that going for us. Of the 3 losses were all on the road, so that isn’t so great. All the predictors are choosing Baltimore smartly. I did not see one prediction where we score more than 17 points. Again why would they think we were capable of more?

Not sure how this will go, but an advantage of the early game is we get the misery over early. It’s the holidays though so at least I have other things to distract me from this years debacle.
    Not as many here as usual, so that helps the mods keep this place going. To those who are a continues thank and reminder to follow the COC. Mods will be out and about per usual. Hoping the team surprises me, but being a realist just hope they make it out with any real injury. I hope everyone has a good football day NFL or fantasy wise. As always stay safe and GO BRONCOs!!!

Last edited by Elway; 12-04-2022, 10:03 AM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Sounds like Jeudy is back. Hopefully that's the offensive spark Russ needs to move the chains. I believe this is a winnable game....SO GO GET IT!!!

Comment

PLUCK THE RAVENS!
      BLAM! BLAM!
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Go Broncos. If we score 17 today, I will consider it a success.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	912.2 KB ID:	8441203
          I prefer horsepower!

(hmmmm....wonder if we can play Thunder?)

Comment

Thank you for another entertaining write up Elway!

An advantage to the early game you say, awe yes, there it is....

LETS GO BRONCOS!!!
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
            Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Nice write up. Vance Joseph was our coach but I’ll take Vance Johnson over any of our receivers. Today is the first Sunday I’m not excited about a Broncos game. The outlook is bleak beyond this season.

Comment

Playing The Broncos at this point is a very concerning situation. You look at the record and you feel good. But when you think about how good this team could be, on any given week, you start to sweat a bit. Your D gets weary, because if you don't keep The Broncs under 20 points, you probably lose. You don't want this game, even though everyone says you will win. YOU DON"T WANT THIS GAME!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	882
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	8441209

Comment

Thanks Elway!

Maybe the Broncos wills surprise us and give us an early Christmas present. Could happen, Go Broncos
                  [sigpic

Comment

Now....I'm no poet...
                    and... I know it...
                    so.... will stop here...
                    before ....I blow it.....
                    TA DA...thank you/.. thank you/

Go DENVER
                    GOOD LUCK
                    Will be checking the SCORE boards.
                    out

Comment

It's going to take something of a miracle, so I'm going for Sutton and Jeudy to bag 2 TD,s a piece and PS2 with a pick 6, as we post 40+ points, with less than 70 yds on the ground and over 350 air yards.we score 21 unanswered points in the first half and jus hold on at the end.

Or a 35-3 Wipeout.

Comment

well unless they somehow improve it today i expect another dismal offensive performance even though the ravens are bad vs the pass and i would like to see the run defense step up ever since we shut down henry they have not been that good...and please no more injuries

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	912.2 KB ID:	8441203
                          I prefer horsepower!

Awesome photo and quote! The Cravens always seem to have our number. But for this game we've got nothing to lose. Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
                            Nice write up. Vance Joseph was our coach but I’ll take Vance Johnson over any of our receivers. Today is the first Sunday I’m not excited about a Broncos game. The outlook is bleak beyond this season.
                            LOL, fixed. Thank you, I do that almost every time I am talking about him.
                            The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	912.2 KB ID:	8441203
                              I prefer horsepower!

If we could only fit Thunder for pads and helmet ...
                              I doubt they could stop our run game.
                              It wouldn't improve our passing game though.

GO BRONCOS ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X