Rashard Mendenhall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rashard Mendenhall

After Lancane's glowing praise of this guy, I thought I'd check him out.

I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27cxAs7mGSs

All I can say is wow. Not due to his abilities per se (though he's impressive), but more because he's the definition of a Denver style back. Also, watch the interview at the end. He has a good head on his shoulders it seems.

If he declares and we can get him, we'd be idiots not to go for it.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Jonathan Stewart's highlights are even more impressive, and he fits this scheme too. Then again, what RB doesn't. Ok, Tatum Bell maybe.

I prefer Stewart because he gets more yards after contact than Mendenhall does. His legs never stop driving and he is one solid muscle. Kinda like Maurice Jones-Drew but bigger.

All that said, I'm against a 1st round RB.
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-20-2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Wow, everytime he hits that hole. He's pretty much being shot out of a cannon. Hopefully we can get in the second round. This is the kind of kid that we need to make our running game even more explosive.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
        Wow, everytime he hits that hole. He's pretty much being shot out of a cannon. Hopefully we can get in the second round. This is the kind of kid that we need to make our running game even more explosive.
        If only he would fall! Unfortunatley Kratos the kid is a natural halfback, and the last natural halfback in a Denver uniform was T.D., this kid will be the 2nd to 3rd halfback taken in the draft...that is why if he comes out he is my top pick for Denver. Because out of all those I have looked at including Marshawn Lynch and Kenny Irons who I liked, especially Lynch...this kid is ten times better and more a fit then any first round halfback I have wanted to see in a Denver uniform!

Comment

If we keep Henry then this is completely shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            Jonathan Stewart's highlights are even more impressive, and he fits this scheme too. Then again, what RB doesn't. Ok, Tatum Bell maybe.

I prefer Stewart because he gets more yards after contact than Mendenhall does. His legs never stop driving and he is one solid muscle. Kinda like Maurice Jones-Drew but bigger.

That wasn't a highlight reel. That was just one game.

Jonathan Stewart isn't even close to being the fit in our system that Mendenhall is. Mendenhall was born to run in a zone-blocking scheme.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
              If Shanahan opts for that turd instead of this kid, I think I'll puke.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                If only he would fall! Unfortunatley Kratos the kid is a natural halfback, and the last natural halfback in a Denver uniform was T.D., this kid will be the 2nd to 3rd halfback taken in the draft...that is why if he comes out he is my top pick for Denver. Because out of all those I have looked at including Marshawn Lynch and Kenny Irons who I liked, especially Lynch...this kid is ten times better and more a fit then any first round halfback I have wanted to see in a Denver uniform!

So Lancane, do you think we'd need to trade down in the 1st to get him, or do you think he's going to be in the top 15?

Team Tebow #108

Comment

I'd love to have him even if he is a reach at whatever spot we end up at. Being set at running back for the next ten years sounds good to me. I personally don't care about this never drafting a first round running back. I miss the days of a dominate Denver run game.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                    So Lancane, do you think we'd need to trade down in the 1st to get him, or do you think he's going to be in the top 15?
                    Depends on how he and Stewart will compare in numbers to one another come the combine and their individual pro days. Mendenhall who is a downhill runner and is faster is not as big as Stewart, if I was to compare Stewart's running style he is a bowler, much like Jerome Bettis. It will depend on the teams who are looking for backs! I personally think both will be between 13th overall and 19th overall so in that small six slots is where I see them both going. Falcons may jump early on Stewart, but we could be in for a dogfight to get Mendenhall because the Texans will be close to us and they will have their eyes on this kid. Fortunatley for us, no one will think Shanahan will take a halfback and if we somehow jump ahead of the Texans, they will think we found a defensive player we want...and Shanahan will likely nab Mendenhall.

I do not expect either back seriously to be left at the 20th spot come April!

Comment

Originally posted by Beast#7 View Post
                      If we keep Henry or not, is not the issue. We will be stuck with a nice chunk from Henry's contract either way...and I could see Shanahan walking into the draft with Henry on the roster and still drafting this kid, only to cut Henry after mini-camp! That is a Shana-madness for you...

Shanahan supported Henry openly with the drug issue and the league, but remember he defended Plummer after the AFC Championship Game, only to turn around and draft Cutler. We have all watched Shanahan for years, and no matter what he says you can tell when he is frustrated with players...think he is not frustrated with now signing Henry with that big guaranteed money? He fumbled on a key play, became a distraction no matter if he was innocent, and again for the fourth time in his career Henry was injured and unable to play a whole season...the only season he ever did finish out was I believe his second! Seven years and only one he completed, due to injury issues and drug use...I will say it, I do not think Shanahan is happy at all with Henry. And he can not afford to bet an entire season on Young and Henry as a tandem, cause just like this year they may both go down...and Hall I am not real impressed with, one good game...but other then that; he never did much to really make me say that he could be the main back.

In my opinion Henry is nothing more then a relief halfback who got lucky that Shanahan was in sorry need for a halfback last year! Even if we do not get Mendenhall, I see him bringing in some others, but I have a feeling if and only if Mendenhall comes out, we will see our first 1st round halfback during Shanahan's tenure!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post

That was highlights from ONE game. not a bunch of his biggest. I like stewart but as i hear it this kid has better speed. and doesnt get the little injuries stewart does. i like stewart but this kid is impressive.
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

You want to know why I think so much of this kid...watch this!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1315750247

Classy, calm, cool and collected!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                            You want to know why I think so much of this kid...watch this!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1315750247

Classy, calm, cool and collected!
                            Add to the fact that he has low mileage is also a plus
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

What makes Mendenhall such a better fit than Stewart? Both run out of the spread option offense. Mendenhall is impressive but he was doing that against Wisconsin, a team with a bad rush defense. Let's see how he does against USC on New Year's Day. Stewart had 100+ yards against USC when they played this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X