Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Backs In Rounds 2-4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Running Backs In Rounds 2-4

    the rb out of south florida would be a good pick in rd 2 or 3 also there is a rb at tulane whom i read about in sports illustrated that nfl scouts like.I forget these kids names but the broncos need help EVERYWHERE IN THE ROSTER THERE ARE SO MANY NEEDS!!!

  • #2
    This draft is loaded at RB. There is NO reason to take a first round RB in my mind, and I know that the good people in Dove Valley know this as well. The premium player at 12 is Clady or Phillips.

    But the players I like are:

    Mike Hart - tough and doesn't fumble
    Chris Johnson - cant play RB in the NFL (believe me) but can be the next Joshua Cribbs/Hester
    Yvenson Bernard - very Bronco like 1 cut and go runner but not very quick
    and Kevin Smith simply smells the endzone like no one else not named Tebow

    Comment


    • #3
      Momentum, I agree with you 100%. There will be quite a few potentially great RB's in the 4th round, there is absolutely no need to take a RB with the number 12 overall pick(Clady and Phillips are also my top choices). In the 4th round we can look for Hart, C. Johnson, Kevin freaking Smith or Allen Patrick if he falls to the 4th.
      Last edited by KoleTrickle; 01-22-2008, 08:57 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KoleTrickle View Post
        Momentum, I agree with you 100%. There will be quite a few potentially great RB's in the 4th round, there is absolutely no need to take a RB with the number 12 overall pick(Clady and Phillips are also my top choices). In the 4th round we can look for Hart, C. Johnson, Kevin freaking Smith or Patrick Allen if he falls to the 4th.
        Johnson nor Smith will be available in the 4th Round, Allen will be lucky to be drafted as a halfback and not as a returner and Hart has flags all over him! You do realize their is a class/grade difference between backs don't you?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Momentum View Post
          This draft is loaded at RB. There is NO reason to take a first round RB in my mind, and I know that the good people in Dove Valley know this as well. The premium player at 12 is Clady or Phillips.

          But the players I like are:

          Mike Hart - tough and doesn't fumble
          Chris Johnson - cant play RB in the NFL (believe me) but can be the next Joshua Cribbs/Hester
          Yvenson Bernard - very Bronco like 1 cut and go runner but not very quick
          and Kevin Smith simply smells the endzone like no one else not named Tebow

          Hart fumbled twice and almost lost the Florida game, and he was hurt all season.
          Johnson is not an NFL running back!
          Bernard runs like hippo and Smith will be a third rounder not a fourth.
          Sorry, but the cream of the crop is the way to go
          Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by denver30 View Post
            Hart fumbled twice and almost lost the Florida game, and he was hurt all season.
            Johnson is not an NFL running back!
            Bernard runs like hippo and Smith will be a third rounder not a fourth.
            Sorry, but the cream of the crop is the way to go
            I agree with everything, except the Johnson comment...I am not sure how he will adjust, but I really do not care if we trade down to Dallas, in the end if we do not get top tier halfback, Jones - Mendenhall - Steward, we really will just be taking left overs...Smith could end up being a good pick, I am not sold on Rice, I would not mind adding Choice, but in the end they may end up a wasted pick if they are not capable of being what those top tier guys bring, not every pick turns into Portis (Tatum Bell) was a second round pick as well, and not every latter pick becomes Davis (Clarett and many others) - Time to quit taking fodder and put some 'Bolas y Coraje' back on the team instead of 'mierda'.

            Comment


            • #7
              If we wait till the 2nd round to get a running back and Kevin Smith was there, I would be thrilled, but I do think we need a game changing running back and would not mind getting him in the 1st, I would not like to wait till the 4th round, sounds alot like just another fill in back to me
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                First of all, running back is not our primary need. Second, running backs are hit and miss you wont know who is cream of the crop until you see how they perform in the NFL. Lets take a look....
                Previous First Rounders-
                William Green
                Cedric Benson
                Robert Edwards
                Trung Candidate
                Chris Perry
                Curtis Enis

                Previous Fourth Rounders(and later)-
                Marion Barber(4th)
                Chester Taylor
                Brandon Jacobs(4th)
                Michael Turner
                Rudi Johnson(4th)
                Mike Anderson

                Sure there are the LaDanian Tomlinsons and Adrian Petersons that go in the 1st round but you can find better value later. Especially if RB isn't our primary concern. I'll stick with my pick of Patrick Allen, I have a feeling he is going to be a solid RB, it wont happen his rookie season but give him a season or two.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KoleTrickle View Post
                  First of all, running back is not our primary need. Second, running backs are hit and miss you wont know who is cream of the crop until you see how they perform in the NFL. Lets take a look....
                  Previous First Rounders-
                  William Green
                  Cedric Benson
                  Robert Edwards
                  Trung Candidate
                  Chris Perry
                  Curtis Enis

                  Previous Fourth Rounders(and later)-
                  Marion Barber(4th)
                  Chester Taylor
                  Brandon Jacobs(4th)
                  Michael Turner
                  Rudi Johnson(4th)
                  Mike Anderson

                  Sure there are the LaDanian Tomlinsons and Adrian Petersons that go in the 1st round but you can find better value later. Especially if RB isn't our primary concern. I'll stick with my pick of Patrick Allen, I have a feeling he is going to be a solid RB, it wont happen his rookie season but give him a season or two.
                  Good point but you can't always get good talent later either. Everything in the draft is hit or miss and if you look at the best RB's this year they will most likely all be great. You have to take a talent like Jonathan Stewart(or lancane's Rashard Mendenhall)
                  Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KoleTrickle View Post
                    First of all, running back is not our primary need. Second, running backs are hit and miss you wont know who is cream of the crop until you see how they perform in the NFL. Lets take a look....
                    Previous First Rounders-
                    William Green
                    Cedric Benson
                    Robert Edwards
                    Trung Candidate
                    Chris Perry
                    Curtis Enis

                    Previous Fourth Rounders(and later)-
                    Marion Barber(4th)
                    Chester Taylor
                    Brandon Jacobs(4th)
                    Michael Turner
                    Rudi Johnson(4th)
                    Mike Anderson

                    Sure there are the LaDanian Tomlinsons and Adrian Petersons that go in the 1st round but you can find better value later. Especially if RB isn't our primary concern. I'll stick with my pick of Patrick Allen, I have a feeling he is going to be a solid RB, it wont happen his rookie season but give him a season or two.
                    I think alot of the reason top rb picks fail is because of who they are drafted by, if they go to a crappy team with no line then they are going to fail, but we have a proven running team, so you put a talented back on our team then the chances for great success is alot better, I personaly would love to see us trade up for mcfadden, him on our team with this running sceam would be great to see.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by denver30 View Post
                      Good point but you can't always get good talent later either. Everything in the draft is hit or miss and if you look at the best RB's this year they will most likely all be great. You have to take a talent like Jonathan Stewart(or lancane's Rashard Mendenhall)
                      I'm not going to disagree with you or lancane, I just don't think that RB is the "best" option for our 1st round pick. Lets face it, we've got a lot to improve on over the off-season. If we were to pick Stewart or Mendenhall in the draft I wouldn't complain or disagree because they are both great RB's i'd just rather have taken Kenny Phillips or Ryan Clady.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KoleTrickle View Post
                        I'm not going to disagree with you or lancane, I just don't think that RB is the "best" option for our 1st round pick. Lets face it, we've got a lot to improve on over the off-season. If we were to pick Stewart or Mendenhall in the draft I wouldn't complain or disagree because they are both great RB's i'd just rather have taken Kenny Phillips or Ryan Clady.
                        But the same goes for the positions you want to draft in the first round. We can use our late round picks to improve these areas. Look at my thread on Bronco mock draft. We need a stable and amazing running game, and this can be gained through picking a top RB.
                        Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KoleTrickle View Post
                          I'm not going to disagree with you or lancane, I just don't think that RB is the "best" option for our 1st round pick. Lets face it, we've got a lot to improve on over the off-season. If we were to pick Stewart or Mendenhall in the draft I wouldn't complain or disagree because they are both great RB's i'd just rather have taken Kenny Phillips or Ryan Clady.
                          Who wouldn't, but let's face the facts. And one of those facts is that Phillips is already a top 15 pick, he is the best safety in the draft and several top 10 teams could use a game changing safety, the chances his stock does not rise is very questionable, he is a great athlete - above and better then Gholston and look at his stock. I know that both New England has shown interest and so has the Saints and Jets, if he falls, being that we are at 12, then he will be out of reach also. Secondly, Shanahan is overall happy with his offensive line, or so he said...now he could take Clady, but I would not be surprised if he waited until the second where some less costly possible top tier tackles will be available like Collins or Nicks.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lancane View Post
                            I agree with everything, except the Johnson comment...I am not sure how he will adjust, but I really do not care if we trade down to Dallas, in the end if we do not get top tier halfback, Jones - Mendenhall - Steward, we really will just be taking left overs...Smith could end up being a good pick, I am not sold on Rice, I would not mind adding Choice, but in the end they may end up a wasted pick if they are not capable of being what those top tier guys bring, not every pick turns into Portis (Tatum Bell) was a second round pick as well, and not every latter pick becomes Davis (Clarett and many others) - Time to quit taking fodder and put some 'Bolas y Coraje' back on the team instead of 'mierda'.
                            I agree that an investment in top tier back is the way to go. There are others good backs in latter rounds but you start losing the big picture, meaning that they are good in some areas but not in others. So why wouldn't you invest in a good all round back? As far as Chris Johnson, watching him in the Senoir Bowl practices, there are a few concerns. Excellent speed, good to the outside, but tends to shy away from running between tackles. Holes a couple of times were wide open but he took it to the outside. Am I the only one that sees this? Does he have a playing vision issue?

                            P S Still trying to get over genital piercing statement.........

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              DT's to look for in 2009

                              Seriously look at the DT's in 2008 draft then look at the DT's waiting in the wings in 2009.

                              Some if not most will be in the top 30 and the average weight is close to 280lbs now look at the best 2 DT's in this draft, then look at the RB, WR, OT, S, OLB, DE in this draft and theres more talent for those positions This year then there will be next year. So if I was Shanny, I would go offense first, grab the best RB and WR this year with a solid OT and S. Next year draft one of these 2009 DT monsters with a OG and C.

                              DT round 1 and 2 in 2009 (proj)
                              Fili Moala (USC) <---wouldnt mind having this guy
                              Terrance Taylor (Michigan) <---solid pick and keep an eye out for
                              Demonte Bolden (Tennessee) <---- player to look out for
                              Jeff Owens (Georgia) <--- player to look out for
                              Myron Pryor (Kentucky)
                              Roy Miller (Texas)
                              Marlon Favorite (LSU)

                              DT round 3 and 4 in 2009 (proj)
                              Peria Jerry (Mississippi)
                              Vance Walker(Georgia tech)
                              George Hypolite (Colorado)
                              Terrill Byrd (Cincinnati)
                              Darryl Richard (Georgia Tech)
                              Jason Chapman (Wisconsin)
                              Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 01-22-2008, 10:12 PM.
                              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                              Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X