No announcement yet.

Running Backs In Rounds 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Chris Johnson were returning kicks for the Broncos next year I'm sure people couldn't care less if he's an NFL RB or not.

Still, I'm willing to bet he is......

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
      Hart fumbled twice and almost lost the Florida game, and he was hurt all season.
      Johnson is not an NFL running back!
      Bernard runs like hippo and Smith will be a third rounder not a fourth.
      Sorry, but the cream of the crop is the way to go
      All this **** is made up. While I know CJ doesnt have chances of being a 20 carry guy in the NFL... he has ELITE speed and great bounce to the outside. He just happens to be a small guy who gets ate up when he runs inside...

Hart fumbled twice... IN OVER A SEASON!

and the rest of your post is worst than the Mendenhall fan's crock of ****.
      Last edited by Momentum; 01-23-2008, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
        All this **** is made up. While I know CJ doesnt have chances of being a 20 carry guy in the NFL... he has ELITE speed and great bounce to the outside. He just happens to be a small guy who gets ate up when he runs inside...

Hart fumbled twice... IN OVER A SEASON!

and the rest of your post is worst than the Mendenhall fan's crock of ****.
        no its just that Heart had a good O-line and still was little above average due to that good line.

Hense he's not even the day 1 selection. His durability comes into question, his performance isnt all that great. Seeing him play I would pass on him completely.

I rather go after Kevin Smith who is by far will grade out higher then Heart, at least K.Smith came cose to beating Sander's NCAA rushing record. That right there says something in his ability to run far better then Heart. Smith will end up with a higher Grade then Heart.

Yet both have wear on the tires already.

Thats why Yes.. you know I'll say Mendenhall so save your breath in trying.
        Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 01-23-2008, 02:41 AM.
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
          no its just that Heart had a good O-line and still was little above average due to that good line.

Hense he's not even the day 1 selection. His durability comes into question, his performance isnt all that great. Seeing him play I would pass on him completely.

I rather go after Kevin Smith who is by far will grade out higher then Heart, at least K.Smith came cose to beating Sander's NCAA rushing record. That right there says something in his ability to run far better then Heart. Smith will end up with a higher Grade then Heart.

Yet both have wear on the tires already.

Thats why Yes.. you know I'll say Mendenhall so save your breath in trying.
          I like K Smith but your argument is flawed.

Hart benefited from a good line, sure.

Smith benefited from playing in the worst defensive Conference in the Nation.

Comment

Yeah, I say we get all of the undrafted or 6th round running backs we can find, throw them on the roster and do a RBBC the way we've done for the past 4 years that way our offense can't sustain drives, we put extra pressure on Jay Cutler, and HEY, we can watch our magnificent defense play more often!!!
            Seriously, the difference between Jonathan Stewart (who we can get @ 12) and Mike Hart (4th) is ridiculous, a STUD is in order!!!

Comment

Y'all do realize that many junior RB declared this year. Who is the best rated Sr. RB? Chris Johnson.

What does that mean? Well as of now there are 3 surefire 1st round picks. All of them are Jr's. McFadden, Stewart, Mendenhall. Felix Jones (Jr.) might sneak in the very bottom of first.

Second Tier guys you are looking at Kevin Smith, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, and Jamaal Charles all very possible 2nd rounders. All of these RB except Johnson are Juniors. That makes 8 Juniors and 1 Sr.

Now saying taking a RB at #12 is a necessity because Denver needs a top tier back is misleading due to the fact that any RB aside from CJ is a Junior and would have been 1st Round Top Tier back next year. But due to this years crop being so huge and top heavy and the lack of teams needing 1st round backs they have all been pushed into 2nd and 3rd.

So, in other words any RB taken on the first day should be considered a top tier RB and Denver should be ecstatic to get the guy they want in the 1st or 2nd. If they so choose to take a RB.

Denver will either take the BPA at #12 or trade down. Only BPA RB at #12 would be McFadden and that aint gonna happen.

That leaves the most unpopular 1st round mock pick on the forums DeSean Jackson WR Cal

Kenny Phillips S Miami

and

Keith Rivers WLB USC

as BPA at #12.

Comment

there are so many ways this draft can go its almost impossible to predict for us due to the number of holes we have. Ellis would be great but he will be gone, phillips will be good but i think he is going to have a great combine and move way up. I think we either trade back to the 20's and get which ever running back is left out of rashad and stewart, or we stay at 12 and go BPA. I think if we go that direction its going to be Rivers or Clady. Rivers kinda looks enticing to me.
                Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                Supporting this staff!
                Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

if we dont get Mendenhall in the 1st then Kevin Smith in the 2nd would be awesome, I thnik we need to draft a franchise back
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                    Y'all do realize that many junior RB declared this year. Who is the best rated Sr. RB? Chris Johnson.

What does that mean? Well as of now there are 3 surefire 1st round picks. All of them are Jr's. McFadden, Stewart, Mendenhall. Felix Jones (Jr.) might sneak in the very bottom of first.

Second Tier guys you are looking at Kevin Smith, Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, and Jamaal Charles all very possible 2nd rounders. All of these RB except Johnson are Juniors. That makes 8 Juniors and 1 Sr.

Now saying taking a RB at #12 is a necessity because Denver needs a top tier back is misleading due to the fact that any RB aside from CJ is a Junior and would have been 1st Round Top Tier back next year. But due to this years crop being so huge and top heavy and the lack of teams needing 1st round backs they have all been pushed into 2nd and 3rd.

So, in other words any RB taken on the first day should be considered a top tier RB and Denver should be ecstatic to get the guy they want in the 1st or 2nd. If they so choose to take a RB.

Denver will either take the BPA at #12 or trade down. Only BPA RB at #12 would be McFadden and that aint gonna happen.

That leaves the most unpopular 1st round mock pick on the forums DeSean Jackson WR Cal

Kenny Phillips S Miami

and

Keith Rivers WLB USC

as BPA at #12.

Your argument is heavily flawed, it does not make a damn bit of difference between Junior or Senior, Jake Long is a senior and rated above every junior offensive tackle in the draft, Dorsey...and the list goes on. It is about quality and that is the difference, and if Johnson was that good...people all over would be saying watch him, he will sneak into the first, same with Smith or Slaton or anyone of those latter backs, they are not considered on the same level as McFadden, Jones, Mendenhall or Stewart, does that mean they will not be franchise backs? No, but it sure in the hell does not mean they will be either, it means they are the second tier or later, no one thinks more of them because one guy has a hard-on for Hart, that argument is flawed, it means that the majority of pro-scouts and other draft guru's think much less of him. Tatum Bell? He was a second round back, he was suppose to be the next great running back...where is he now? The plug-n-play system of Denver's is hurting! Portis was a 2nd Round Pick, true...what everyone tends to forget is he slipped and was highly regarded as a round one pick, and unless Jones falls there is a huge difference - T.D. was a fluke, Shanahan has even admitted to that, it was not normal.

We need a franchise back, you can not always risk a season on fodder and hope for the best, we did that with our defensive line, we have done it in several spots before...enough is enough.

Comment

I think there's enough talent in this draft where we don't have to draft say a Mendenhall or a Stewart to get our guy. There will be options in the fourth round that could prove to be starters. Of course, I'd be happy with Mendenhall in the first or a Stewart; but if a Choice slips to the fourth, or there's another guy there. . . I'd be just as happy.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                        Your argument is heavily flawed, it does not make a damn bit of difference between Junior or Senior, Jake Long is a senior and rated above every junior offensive tackle in the draft, Dorsey...and the list goes on. It is about quality and that is the difference, and if Johnson was that good...people all over would be saying watch him, he will sneak into the first, same with Smith or Slaton or anyone of those latter backs, they are not considered on the same level as McFadden, Jones, Mendenhall or Stewart, does that mean they will not be franchise backs? No, but it sure in the hell does not mean they will be either, it means they are the second tier or later, no one thinks more of them because one guy has a hard-on for Hart, that argument is flawed, it means that the majority of pro-scouts and other draft guru's think much less of him. Tatum Bell? He was a second round back, he was suppose to be the next great running back...where is he now? The plug-n-play system of Denver's is hurting! Portis was a 2nd Round Pick, true...what everyone tends to forget is he slipped and was highly regarded as a round one pick, and unless Jones falls there is a huge difference - T.D. was a fluke, Shanahan has even admitted to that, it was not normal.

We need a franchise back, you can not always risk a season on fodder and hope for the best, we did that with our defensive line, we have done it in several spots before...enough is enough.
                        Take off your Mendenhall colored glasses for once. GD dude. Reread what I posted and think about it. Tatum Bell was a senior was he not? Did he come out early? All I mentioned were 8-9 top rb prospects are Juniors and most if not all would be first round picks next year.

Like I said you are so biased it is on the borderline of prejudice. Open Mindedness is not a bad thing.

Reread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                          I think there's enough talent in this draft where we don't have to draft say a Mendenhall or a Stewart to get our guy. There will be options in the fourth round that could prove to be starters. Of course, I'd be happy with Mendenhall in the first or a Stewart; but if a Choice slips to the fourth, or there's another guy there. . . I'd be just as happy.
                          True, and you and I have talked about Choice, but there is no guarantee in any round Dream, not even in the first...there have been 1st overall round one picks whom have been busts many of times, the chances that Choice is a franchise back compared to Stewart, Jones or Mandenhall is what 25 to 1 odds, the chances of Mendenhall and the other top round backs is 3 to 1, not great odds...but better, the second round it is 7 to 1, maybe 5 to 1...the draft really is the lottso of football, but the better you play the more likely you are to win. You always need someone to pan out from day two, and we have...Marshall, Kuper, Dumervil, Thomas, Davis and the list goes on, but we have to also remember all those who did nothing, Clarett (who should have been a 4th or latter pick), Mauck, Van Pelt and that list goes on, not everyone will be a Brady, Dumervil, Marshall, Davis and so forth. Remember all the talk that Mauck or Van Pelt would be the next great Denver quarterback and finally Shanahan realized to play the odds and he drafted Cutler, Van Pelt supporters were saying stuff like "There is no guarantee, Van Pelt will win the job" but odds were in favor of Cutler.

All I am saying is that eventually Shanahan will have to pull the trigger and draft positions where we need quality higher then he would at other times. If we do not take Mendenhall, I would not mind us drafting Choice, but there is no guarantee Choice will be anything more then just another back and we are doing this same argument again next year, or the year after that, or again the year after that...until it is finally fixed.

Comment

There's no guarantee that Mendenhall is going to be what we need either. I don't understand this Mendenhall or bust mentality. *shrugs* You're just setting yourself up for disappointment and others along with you if he's not our guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                              Take off your Mendenhall colored glasses for once. GD dude. Reread what I posted and think about it. Tatum Bell was a senior was he not? Did he come out early? All I mentioned were 8-9 top rb prospects are Juniors and most if not all would be first round picks next year.

Like I said you are so biased it is on the borderline of prejudice. Open Mindedness is not a bad thing.

Reread.

Prejudice? Um...maybe you need to look up the meaning of that word! I mentioned several names other then Mendenhall.

You're the one not being open minded, Chris Johnson was suppose to be the best back of this draft class a year ago, now he is not even in the top four. Look at Hart, I do not remember, but I am sure Dream does...but I believe he was suppose to be one of the top five backs in the draft last year, but now people see past all that and he is not even in the top ten for the backs in this year's draft. Just cause the draft is deep, does not mean there is quality in the mix later...do you understand that? If Smith and Johnson were still round one graded backs, they would still be up there...no matter junior or senior status, but they are not. It is not impossible to see six or seven round one graded players in a draft at a position, not usual...but that means out of all those supposed great backs only four are worth the use of a round one pick, my point to you was that whether or not someone is a senior or junior it is their tangibles and abilities and how they are graded which matters...or wouldn't Smith be rated higher then Mendenhall, Illinois is not an elite program...just like Cutler being from Vanderbilt did not hinder his draft status, Jones was not a full-time back and is still rated above both Johnson and Smith who have had better careers...why?

Just cause Jamaal Charles is a second round pick does not mean he is going to be a great pro, but his chances to become a better back then Mendenhall, Stewart, Jones, McFadden, Johnson or even Smith is very unlikely. Depth in a draft does not equal quality, just better opportunity to get something more then roster fodder later. I would takes Jones over Smith, I would take Stewart over Johnson, I would take Mendenhall over Slaton...that is just based on the facts that they have a better chance then the latter athletes to be more in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                                There's no guarantee that Mendenhall is going to be what we need either. I don't understand this Mendenhall or bust mentality. *shrugs* You're just setting yourself up for disappointment and others along with you if he's not our guy.
                                I would prefer Mendenhall, but I would not mind Jones...I am not dead set on any given player...if we take Phillips, I would be perfectly fine...I prefer we get a halfback over a safety, but I also would not mind if Dorsey fell to us either, I like Mendenhall over Stewart, but if Mendenhall was gone and Stewart was there...I would be all for drafting him. So it really is not 'Mendenhall or Bust', that is just who I prefer out of the top round halfbacks, I am sure you can understand that!

Comment

Working...
                                X