No announcement yet.

Running Backs In Rounds 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This totally is homer pick, but I would love to see Denver give Danny Woodhead out of division 2 Chadron State College maybe in the later rounds or as a priority freeagent

He went to high School here in North Platte, Nebraska...No big Schools wanted him due to his size which at the time was 5-9 180 he is now up to 200 pounds is built very similar to how Quinton Griffin is built

Danny is the NCAA all time leading rusher and has a great attitude and work ethic...Not sure his skills will translate well to the NFL,but IMO he could be a very good returner and 3rd down back similar to Darren Sproles for the Chargers

here is a good write up on him from SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...022/index.html
    Last edited by DrewB; 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Denver honed in on Matt Forte towards the end of the Senior Bowl week in terms of time investment and interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
        Denver honed in on Matt Forte towards the end of the Senior Bowl week in terms of time investment and interviews.
        Height: 6-1
        Weight: 224 lbs. Age: 22
        Pos: RB
        Class: Senior

ATT 361 | YDS 2,127 | TD 23

Wow he put up some nice numbers last year...anyone ever watch him play ??

EDIT>>>

found this on video on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbaIF22NGQ
        Last edited by DrewB; 01-25-2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Matt Forte?

If this is true, obviously the Broncos do not share our view that they need a franchise back.

This would be the typical Cubic Zirconia in the Rough that gives Shanahan a chubby......

Comment

The fact is, with so many needs, chances are Shanahan will fall back on his tried and true philosophy of drafting Offensive lineman/Running Backs Nobodies in the late rounds.

Unfortunately, a leopard cannot change his spots, and if we know anything about Mike Shanahan, we know he has no use for talented OL and RB's.

If you want to predict who the Broncos will take, I think you can forget about a LT or RB in the first 2 rounds, and focus your attention on potential WR/CB busts......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              The fact is, with so many needs, chances are Shanahan will fall back on his tried and true philosophy of drafting Offensive lineman/Running Backs Nobodies in the late rounds.

Unfortunately, a leopard cannot change his spots, and if we know anything about Mike Shanahan, we know he has no use for talented OL and RB's.

If you want to predict who the Broncos will take, I think you can forget about a LT or RB in the first 2 rounds, and focus your attention on potential WR/CB busts......

Then next year its time to put the banwagon of Shanny must go !

cus really this is flat out stupid on Shanny's part if he keeps thinking we can turn a lump of coal into a diamond.
              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                Then next year its time to put the banwagon of Shanny must go !

cus really this is flat out stupid on Shanny's part if he keeps thinking we can turn a lump of coal into a diamond.

He does have success doing it though, and I think he enjoys being "The Running Back Whisperer".

But Shanahan is a great coach, be careful what you wish for......

Comment

He does have success doing it though, and I think he enjoys being "The Running Back Whisperer".

But Shanahan is a great coach, be careful what you wish for......
                  Actually Stnzed, at that point...even I may be on that bandwagon! His lack of building has really done nothing except put us in the current bind, if he keeps putting fodder on the team, then we will never improve.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                    Actually Stnzed, at that point...even I may be on that bandwagon! His lack of building has really done nothing except put us in the current bind, if he keeps putting fodder on the team, then we will never improve.

I won't argue with this point, I'm one of his biggest critics! But I will not be a part of any "Shanahan must go!" BS.

Besides, his latest drafts have improved, which admittedly, isn't saying a whole lot.

But brace yourself for a letdown, Cane, Shanahan just doesn't have any use for the players you and I like.

The Clady's and Mendenhall's are more like Duane Brown and Kregg Lumpkin.

And, people, don't start with the "How long do you give Shanahan?/Do you give Shanahan a lifetime exemption?" crap......
                    Last edited by stnzed; 01-25-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I won't argue with this point, I'm one of his biggest critics! But I will not be a part of any "Shanahan must go!" BS.

Besides, his latest drafts have improved, which admittedly, isn't saying a whole lot.

But brace yourself for a letdown, Cane, Shanahan just doesn't have any use for the players you and I like.

And, people, don't start with the "How long do you give Shanahan?/Do you give Shanahan a lifetime exemption?" crap......
                      I won't have to...I think Bowlen is pissed, that is why all of a sudden Shanahan looks like a new puppy after getting 'snipped'. IMHO, I believe he has been told that he has had freedoms that most do not have in the league and that it has produced little promise since his first three years and but two years ago. If you equate his drafting, only five of his first round picks have really panned out, but sadly only two are on the roster right now. If Shanahan produces another blunder of a season or one which was barely good and certain additions did not improve us...I think Shanahan will be gone, and I think he knows it.

Comment

Even though Shanahan had some succuss a while back, it doesn't mean that the strategy he used then will always work. If Shanny doesn't realize this soon, I think it's time to change. However, if we take the right players and build a good base, we could have another couple runs at the big game. Give it a little bit more time.
                        Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X