Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Definately Parting Ways with Shaun Rogers (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
    from the Denver Post: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8070699

Says Denver has really been wanting to get a hold of Shaun Rodgers for awhile, I am sure this is one of the deals that will go down in the FA period

What a dominant player Rodgers is, I would love to have him. Playing for a new team might change his attitude it sure changed Dre Bly's attitude!
    I was sick when I read that. If the Broncos still like Rogers that much, they are doomed to repeat the failures that led them to the disarry that is the DLine now.

And, Bly is not a good comparison. He was a great player - despite his desire to leave Detroit. Rogers has always been lazy and underachieving - Bly was not that way. You can change attitude - changing a guys effort is a much bigger job!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
      We have the same exact chance and odds of not drafting Mendenhall.....

Phillips will be a top 15 pick regardless of some scouts dropping him from the first round, the broncos need to look towards a replacement for John Lynch and hes a nice replacement and if hes there we have a better chance of drafting him over your man crush.

I like Mendenhall but you can't ignore how crappy our safeties are.....
      quoted for truth

I don't know about Rogers, I think we need to get away from out of shape, underachieving DTs. I wouldn't mind if they got him, but if they trade for him, they better not give up more than a 5th round pick. Besides, without Bates scheme, the need for a behemoth DT is diminished. I've read that Slowik's scheme is a more blitzing, attacking style of defense that allows the DTs to penetrate and make plays. With that in mind, why not go after Corey Williams? He's in his prime and he makes all kinds of plays in the backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMJ View Post
        come on Broncos grab Shaun Rogers hes got some years left, at the same time grab Boss Bailey for LB duty and call it good.

yeah, let's pick up all the Lion droppings!

Comment

I'm not adverse to taking a chance on Rogers at all.

As has been said, if we go into next year with our current DT's and maybe a draftee or two, we'll go nowhere. Unless it's Sedrick Ellis, and even he may struggle in his rookie year as most D-linemen do.

So we need someone with a bit of experience. I'd rather Williams or Spears, but Rogers would also be worth the risk as if it pays off we get one of the league's better DT's. And if not, we don't really lose much.

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
            I'm not adverse to taking a chance on Rogers at all.

As has been said, if we go into next year with our current DT's and maybe a draftee or two, we'll go nowhere. Unless it's Sedrick Ellis, and even he may struggle in his rookie year as most D-linemen do.

So we need someone with a bit of experience. I'd rather Williams or Spears, but Rogers would also be worth the risk as if it pays off we get one of the league's better DT's. And if not, we don't really lose much.

okay this is getting ridicolous, rodgers is fat and lazy, and lions are tired of his laziness, why should we take a risk we had tons of problems last year when we took risks, need i remind u of freakin rice, and adams, some of you have no concept of what good FA picks are out there rodgers will actually demand a sizeable contract similar to corey williams and i would take williams work ethic, and performance over rodgers any day. Wake up people D-line dont get good overnight especially when you have all rookies, but it has been provn that giving a rookie line consistency can pay off see dallas and GB. Next year will be an upgrade in line play no matter what we do just becuase of the rookies expirience. Also shanny has said he is tired of getting mistakes in FA and i highly believe he is done taking risks on possible projects like rodgers.

SO here is to keeping Shaun Rodgers out of freakin Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
              yeah, let's pick up all the Lion droppings!
              Yep, and for whatever reason, theyre getting better and were getting worse

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                okay this is getting ridicolous, rodgers is fat and lazy, and lions are tired of his laziness, why should we take a risk we had tons of problems last year when we took risks, need i remind u of freakin rice, and adams, some of you have no concept of what good FA picks are out there rodgers will actually demand a sizeable contract similar to corey williams and i would take williams work ethic, and performance over rodgers any day. Wake up people D-line dont get good overnight especially when you have all rookies, but it has been provn that giving a rookie line consistency can pay off see dallas and GB. Next year will be an upgrade in line play no matter what we do just becuase of the rookies expirience. Also shanny has said he is tired of getting mistakes in FA and i highly believe he is done taking risks on possible projects like rodgers.

SO here is to keeping Shaun Rodgers out of freakin Denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                1000 percent correct, and he appears to be a poor fit for what Slowick wants to do, which is have quicker, penetrating DT's...actually it's too bad Warren is gone, because he would have beeen a good fit for what Slowick wants...but he will be starting in Oakland next year as Sapp's replacement.

Too bad.

Comment

Why do people think Shaun Rodgers isn't a penetrating DT, and not to mention hes pretty damn quick and athletic for his size he can 360 dunk a basketball.

Rodgers isn't mainly a pass rushing DT but he can with the best of them, he can also stop the run like a beast.

Rodgers is very underrated in my mind, just think of it like this Randy Moss on the raiders compared to Randy Moss on the patriots, maybe if Rodgers gets traded he will actually be motivated to play. Detroit sucks for a reason it seems they don't really get it when it comes to developing their players, they must not its something they do because Kevin Jones is a beast and they give him no line what so ever and he gets injured a lot because of it, and when your on the lions you just get that loser aspect, and Kevin Jones he would flourish in Denver a back who runs a 4.38 and busts through people like he does just crazy.

honestly they let their players go to waste just think about it. Only player they seem to actually develop well is Roy Williams and Ernie Simms.

Boss Bailey he was a beast like his brother in college.

lions have a lot of "lost" talent that can be used on another team, I see it happen all the time some people just need a fresh start.

they don't really surround their players with help.

Comment

Working...
                  X