Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver May be in Trouble at the 12th pick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think DEN sits tight and hopes Ellis, Phillips or Clady fall to 12... OR, they consider trading down... Rivers, Connor, Jackson, Stewart, Mendenhall are options after Ellis/Phillips/Clady.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      I think DEN sits tight and hopes Ellis, Phillips or Clady fall to 12... OR, they consider trading down... Rivers, Connor, Jackson, Stewart, Mendenhall are options after Ellis/Phillips/Clady.
      see thats the point,

were caught virtually between a rock and a hard place.

Do we hope and pray one of the top 10 players fall into our laps?

Or

Do we take charge our own destiny, grab a Great quality player in the mid round area, Get an extra Pick (either 2nd 3rd or even 5th round) and build with quality players?

This draft has good talent in RB/OLB/OT positions Granted I do know that. DT is more of depth then starters. Safety is pretty solid up to the 4th round. So the question is... Offense or Defense. Offense and putting some consistency in our Backfield would be great.

Remember in the 2006-07 season our Defense held well very well but the ineptness of our Offense with Jake at the helm turned the season right on its head.

The defense will come back, our scheme has changed. We'll get FA's but it wont be as big as it was the years before it will be Key FA pick ups nothing more.
      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

I think we definitely try to trade down if Ellis, Clady & Phillips go before 12. Mainly, the picks that should go after that are a few LBs... AND, I think DEN will go LB in the second round. If they want an OLB... They'll take EJ's brother (Erin Henderson)... IF they want a MLB... They'll take Lofton or Mayo.

SO, they probably target Jackson, Mendenhall or Stewart... AND, if they do that... They should trade down and try to get an extra second/third.

BUT... this is the real question: What player is on the board at 12 that some team wants badly enough (and needs) that it will trade up with us to nab?

AND... will DEN really target a 1st round RB/WR? If so, do they risk losing the one they want and trade down? If not, then what direction do they go in at 12?

So many questions right. Let's just hope Ellis or Phillips lands in our lap!

Comment

I think we definitely try to trade down if Ellis, Clady & Phillips go before 12. Mainly, the picks that should go after that are a few LBs... AND, I think DEN will go LB in the second round. If they want an OLB... They'll take EJ's brother (Erin Henderson)... IF they want a MLB... They'll take Lofton or Mayo.

SO, they probably target Jackson, Mendenhall or Stewart... AND, if they do that... They should trade down and try to get an extra second/third.

BUT... this is the real question: What player is on the board at 12 that some team wants badly enough (and needs) that it will trade up with us to nab?

AND... will DEN really target a 1st round RB/WR? If so, do they risk losing the one they want and trade down? If not, then what direction do they go in at 12?

So many questions right. Let's just hope Ellis or Phillips lands in our lap!
          Minnesota and DeSean Jackson!

I can see us trading with them so they can grab Jackson. They need a WR!

I think Jackson will also not be picked within the top 10 he may even fall out witch will give us an edge to move down with Minn.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post

Do we hope and pray one of the top 10 players fall into our laps?
            Well, looking at it realistically someone ALWAYS falls. Heck, look at Brady Quinn last year. Sitting just over the top 10 may get us some really good value....

Comment

Originally posted by 91bronco View Post
              Well, looking at it realistically someone ALWAYS falls. Heck, look at Brady Quinn last year. Sitting just over the top 10 may get us some really good value....
              it may also be the one that we dont want.

and the saints are hoping someone falls to them as well same with the bills.

I think Jackson will fall out witch may hurt our chances and i doubt Shanny will draft him but maybe use him to have Minn switch places with us.

Dorsey, Ellis, Philips will be gone, Dorsey - Miami, Ellis - Saints, Phillips - Bengals i see it happening that way for some odd eason

Comment

BUT... Is MInny afraid Jackson will go before their pick?

Carolina, Chicago, Detroit and Arizona pick between DEN and Minny... Any of these 4 teams likely to draft Jackson? ENough of a probability to warrant Minny making that leap? I doubt it. Maybe Philly wants to leapfrog MInny... Mcnabb says he wants a play maker?

Comment

BUT... Is MInny afraid Jackson will go before their pick?

Carolina, Chicago, Detroit and Arizona pick between DEN and Minny... Any of these 4 teams likely to draft Jackson? ENough of a probability to warrant Minny making that leap? I doubt it. Maybe Philly wants to leapfrog MInny... Mcnabb says he wants a play maker?
                  Isnt one of the Cardinals WR's a FA?

if so I can see Philly signing a Cardinal.

I think Buff could take Otah or Williams depending on who climbs to the 11th spot for OT.

but the question is will a RB land near us and who will want to trade with our 12th pick.

I see Dsean, Williams or Stewart being in the 11th and 12th spot at least 2 of those 3. the question is Stewart or Mendenhall. , as much as thats tempting going after Mendenhall may land us another 2nd or 3rd round pick easily with trade manovering.

our 1st for their 1st and our 3rd round witch will equate to 1200 points even.
                  Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 01-24-2008, 12:52 PM. Reason: forgot that we have teh 12th

Comment

it may also be the one that we dont want.

and the saints are hoping someone falls to them as well same with the bills.

I think Jackson will fall out witch may hurt our chances and i doubt Shanny will draft him but maybe use him to have Minn switch places with us.

Dorsey, Ellis, Philips will be gone, Dorsey - Miami, Ellis - Saints, Phillips - Bengals i see it happening that way for some odd eason

Very true but someone always falls. We sit tight until our pick- if our prospects are gone then we look at trading down- if our guy didn't slide someone elses did. We don't scramble to find a trading partner at the last minute though- that's already been thought out. Thats usually the way trade downs work in a situation similar to ours anyway.

Overall, its really not that bad a place to be though.
                    Last edited by 91bronco; 01-24-2008, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Isnt one of the Cardinals WR's a FA?

Larry Fitzgerald is in his last year but his cap number is something ridiculous like 17 mil Word is they will restructure and lock him up long term.

Comment

Defining the top level of the draft as 1-10 and the mid level as 11-20 is completely arbitrary.

I think we shoul define the top level as 1-12, that way we draft in the top level and we are home free.

From the reports I read, the top level this year is going to be the top 5-6 picks. There are very few blue chip players, right now I would rank:

Jake Long, OT. Glenn Dorsey, DT. Darren McFadden, RB. Chris Long, DE. As the 4 genuine blue chippers, with Gholston, Ellis and Matt Ryan close.

After that group, there is a muddled mixture of people who can be draftet anywhere in round 1. Really 12, is not a bad spot at all, we are low enough that we won't be the first team to just not get our hands on a true blue chip prospect. We are however high enough that we have our pick in the litter. There will be good depth and top prospects on virtualy every position when we draft.

I expect we will end up choosing between Desean Jackson, Keith Rivers, Kentwan Balmer, Dan Connor and Kenny Philips. All are very good players and among the best at their positions.

I have 3 problems with trading down in the first round. 1, we won't get the best player at the position, or even the second best. 2, unless somebody unexpectedly drops through the draft, we will end up with a player who has deficiencies. 3, as we have seen in recent years, the lower you are the greater the risk of the player you really want being taken before you get to him.

After the 2 Arkansas boys, there are no real 1st round RB's in the draft. I would like to spend our 2nd on a RB, because we will get a player with the same quality level as we will in the 1st.

Looking at FA, the young players we have in the roster, potential cuts and trades. I think we should get LB in the 1st, this draft is deep for LB, but also has good quality in the top. Rivers could start from day one at WLB, leaving DJ in the middle.

I believe we can and will get a DT and OT in FA, and I do think we will do something about WR as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                          Defining the top level of the draft as 1-10 and the mid level as 11-20 is completely arbitrary.

I think we shoul define the top level as 1-12, that way we draft in the top level and we are home free.

From the reports I read, the top level this year is going to be the top 5-6 picks. There are very few blue chip players, right now I would rank:

Jake Long, OT. Glenn Dorsey, DT. Darren McFadden, RB. Chris Long, DE. As the 4 genuine blue chippers, with Gholston, Ellis and Matt Ryan close.

After that group, there is a muddled mixture of people who can be draftet anywhere in round 1. Really 12, is not a bad spot at all, we are low enough that we won't be the first team to just not get our hands on a true blue chip prospect. We are however high enough that we have our pick in the litter. There will be good depth and top prospects on virtualy every position when we draft.

I expect we will end up choosing between Desean Jackson, Keith Rivers, Kentwan Balmer, Dan Connor and Kenny Philips. All are very good players and among the best at their positions.

I have 3 problems with trading down in the first round. 1, we won't get the best player at the position, or even the second best. 2, unless somebody unexpectedly drops through the draft, we will end up with a player who has deficiencies. 3, as we have seen in recent years, the lower you are the greater the risk of the player you really want being taken before you get to him.

After the 2 Arkansas boys, there are no real 1st round RB's in the draft. I would like to spend our 2nd on a RB, because we will get a player with the same quality level as we will in the 1st.

Looking at FA, the young players we have in the roster, potential cuts and trades. I think we should get LB in the 1st, this draft is deep for LB, but also has good quality in the top. Rivers could start from day one at WLB, leaving DJ in the middle.

I believe we can and will get a DT and OT in FA, and I do think we will do something about WR as well.

Does... Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Stewart ring a bell. they are also in the top 4 RB's so that debunks your idea of theres no other RB's in round 1.
                          and Stewart is right behind... you guessed it McFadden followed by Mendenhall.

Also the other part I bolded makes me think why would we want an overhyped player like Jackson when we can easily get Bennett , Royal, or Thomas in round 2. I also think we can get quailty players in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds for S, OLB, and DT. I think after the 3rd round RB trickles and we loose valuable players who can be real play makes if we dont strike in the 1st or 2nd round

Im just putting it all out there that the 12 spot even though its really nice to have is presenting problems of its own.
                          Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
                            I think we trade down to somewhere around the 18-22 spot if we can. We then take the best RB available, Stewart or Mendenhall should be available.

This trade down will give us an extra pick in the mid-late 2nd round.

We then take Philip Wheeler with our 2nd round pick and either a DT or WR with our additional 2nd rounder, depending on the best player available for one of those positions in that spot.

Then our 4th and 5tn rounders can be used on O-Linemen, a safety and either a WR or DT, depending on what we do with our extra second rounder.

Only player we take at #12 should be Ellis IMO, but if he's gone as expected I'll be very disappointed if we don't trade down.

Can you imagine a first day of

1 - Mendenhall/Stewart
                            2a - Wheeler
                            2b - Earl Bennett

Two great additional weapons for Cutler which basically sets our offense for years to come and allows them to grow together?

A stud LB to pair with DJ.

Would be a fantastic draft, IMO.
                            This guy knows his stuff i competley agree and believe we should do the same and if we don't plan on getting ellis we should trade for shaun rogers

Comment

Originally posted by aldenbroncos View Post
                              This guy knows his stuff i competley agree and believe we should do the same and if we don't plan on getting ellis we should trade for shaun rogers
                              Rodgers would come at a price and I would rather groom a DT to start there than get a big hunk of money. I like the picks but Jared Mayo is who I would take instead of Wheeler (he could be taken in the 3rd) and Manningham instead of Bennett. But I wouldn't complain if our first day went down like that.
                              Last edited by denver30; 01-24-2008, 09:38 PM.
                              Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the best trade partners would probably be us trading with Minn or Det

Minn and Det's 1st are both worth 1000 points

Minn can trade their first and our 3rd back to us witch will balance out the totals.

if Detroit trades with us, they will have to give up their 1st their 3rd and their 5th witch will be a total of 1190 points to our 1200 point worth draft pick. Or they can trade their 1st and 2nd to us and we'll probably package a future pick so it balance out point wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X