Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver May be in Trouble at the 12th pick!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    the best trade partners would probably be us trading with Minn or Det

    Minn and Det's 1st are both worth 1000 points

    Minn can trade their first and our 3rd back to us witch will balance out the totals.

    if Detroit trades with us, they will have to give up their 1st their 3rd and their 5th witch will be a total of 1190 points to our 1200 point worth draft pick. Or they can trade their 1st and 2nd to us and we'll probably package a future pick so it balance out point wise.
    I think Dallas is another potential trade partner if we could get their first rounders for our first rounder. That would be great
    Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by denver30 View Post
      I think Dallas is another potential trade partner if we could get their first rounders for our first rounder. That would be great
      wont work
      Cowboys 22nd pick - 800
      Cowboys 28th pick -720

      total 1520 points


      if we do this we would have to trade something else as well

      our 1st (1200 points) + our 2 4ths(70+80 pts). would be too costly I doubt we should give away our 2nd as well just so we have to reach in the 2nd round for 2nd round players.

      Minn and Detroit are our best bets and overall well rounded.
      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

      Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
        wont work
        Cowboys 22nd pick - 800
        Cowboys 28th pick -720

        total 1520 points


        if we do this we would have to trade something else as well

        our 1st (1200 points) + our 2 4ths(70+80 pts). would be too costly I doubt we should give away our 2nd as well just so we have to reach in the 2nd round for 2nd round players.

        Minn and Detroit are our best bets and overall well rounded.
        Still Jerry Jones is a risk taker and if he gets his heart set on a player near 12 we will be in business.
        Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by denver30 View Post
          Still Jerry Jones is a risk taker and if he gets his heart set on a player near 12 we will be in business.
          I still wouldn't take it

          we'll loose Mendenhall or Stewart, some boards have Stewart going to Arizona in the 16th round and Mendenhall going to Seattle in the 25th

          Of course we'll be ahead of them with the 1st Cle. pick but still we would have to give something up.


          So overall its either 15th or 17th pick.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

          Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

          Comment


          • #35
            How about this trade with Dallas?

            They get #12 pick (1,200 points) #117 (60 points) from us.

            We get #22 (780 points) #60 (300 points) and the DT Spears who they're looking to shop.

            This values Spears at a mid-late 3rd round pick, which I believe is fair enough.

            So we can add another pick in Round 2 for ourselves and get an experienced, but still relatively young, DT to add to our pool of youngsters.


            Hard to know whether Dallas would do this trade, perhaps they'll target Kenny Phillips?

            Alternatively they could be looking to make a move for McFadden and could do it in two steps rather than just one big one. They'd still have #12 and #28 in round one after doing this trade, so they could easily package them together and trade with Oakland or maybe the Jets to get in range to acquire him.

            Comment


            • #36
              Draft ideas

              This is just my personal opinion:

              Draft/(fix team) in this order:

              First, an ILB (DJ can go back to outside where he'll be even more productive)
              Second, a Safety (hopefully Lynch stays at least one more year, as well)
              Third, ether an OL or a WR (depending on if Denver loses both Smith AND Walker, then they should get a WR here)
              Fourth, an OL or WR depending on what they do with their third pick
              Fifth, a RB
              Also, I think they could possibly make a couple of good trades to get some guys through FA.
              What I might suggest, first of all, if Walker really wants out (which he would be incredibly stupid if he really does, because I know for a fact that he will get a lot of rec. along side Marshall and Stokely) then trade him for somebody. Not necessarily another WR, but possibly someone either on the o-line, or d-line (preferably a DT to help aid Thomas and whoever). Either that, or trade Henry for a great DT. Don't draft one, get a guy through FA. However, either of these moves should be thought out ahead of the draft, obviously. If Walker goes, and Rod Smith retires (which would be sad...), they need to draft a WR to fill the hole. If Henry goes, then I would like to see Denver get a RB in the draft. That could prove to be very interesting. I really like both Young and Hall, but Shanahan doesn't seem to think either one of them can really handle being THE starter and getting the majority of the carries, so I think they should draft a guy who they do think is capable of doing just that.
              Last edited by NxtYrNvrArrives; 01-25-2008, 08:40 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by NxtYrNvrArrives View Post
                This is just my personal opinion:

                Draft/(fix team) in this order:

                First, an ILB (DJ can go back to outside where he'll be even more productive)
                Second, a Safety (hopefully Lynch stays at least one more year, as well)
                Third, ether an OL or a WR (depending on if Denver loses both Smith AND Walker, then they should get a WR here)
                Fourth, an OL or WR depending on what they do with their third pick
                Fifth, a RB
                Also, I think they could possibly make a couple of good trades to get some guys through FA.
                What I might suggest, first of all, if Walker really wants out (which he would be incredibly stupid if he really does, because I know for a fact that he will get a lot of rec. along side Marshall and Stokely) then trade him for somebody. Not necessarily another WR, but possibly someone either on the o-line, or d-line (preferably a DT to help aid Thomas and whoever). Either that, or trade Henry for a great DT. Don't draft one, get a guy through FA. However, either of these moves should be thought out ahead of the draft, obviously. If Walker goes, and Rod Smith retires (which would be sad...), they need to draft a WR to fill the hole. If Henry goes, then I would like to see Denver get a RB in the draft. That could prove to be very interesting. I really like both Young and Hall, but Shanahan doesn't seem to think either one of them can really handle being THE starter and getting the majority of the carries, so I think they should draft a guy who they do think is capable of doing just that.
                Is that you Henry? I thought you would be out sitting one of your nine kids, or toking it up somewhere!

                Comment


                • #38
                  "A great DT"??????

                  Originally posted by lancane View Post
                  Is that you Henry? I thought you would be out sitting one of your nine kids, or toking it up somewhere!

                  Well then, Travis Henry would have to be the one making the deal!

                  Only Travis Henry would trade Tommie Harris for Travis Henry......

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I was looking at who we interviewed and how everyone on the boards were elated that we may draft defense.


                    I think Shanahan is covering his tracks, it really looks like he's making everyone think he'll go Defense in the first round but he showed showed some discontent of the run game that may or may not tip off the rest of the league that we may draft a RB in the first round.

                    This way he's giving those who say we should draft defense something to much on while not tipping the rest of the league that we need a RB threat that Henry, Young, Sapp, Hall and Bell cannot provide but thats my view
                    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                    Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                      I was looking at who we interviewed and how everyone on the boards were elated that we may draft defense.


                      I think Shanahan is covering his tracks, it really looks like he's making everyone think he'll go Defense in the first round but he showed showed some discontent of the run game that may or may not tip off the rest of the league that we may draft a RB in the first round.

                      This way he's giving those who say we should draft defense something to much on while not tipping the rest of the league that we need a RB threat that Henry, Young, Sapp, Hall and Bell cannot provide but thats my view
                      I would not doubt that one bit...that would be something Shanahan would do, he loves to screw with people's heads. Every year people get excited because our scouts talked to this kid or that kid, but of those we have talked to...we have only grabbed three or four of them, and none were from the top two rounds except I believe Moss, I think they talked to Moss once is what he said, then said something like he was surprised they picked him with what little was said between he and them.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by lancane View Post
                        I would not doubt that one bit...that would be something Shanahan would do, he loves to screw with people's heads. Every year people get excited because our scouts talked to this kid or that kid, but of those we have talked to...we have only grabbed three or four of them, and none were from the top two rounds except I believe Moss, I think they talked to Moss once is what he said, then said something like he was surprised they picked him with what little was said between he and them.
                        You know what I think? I think the Broncos only talked to Moss that once so that other teams wouldn't be able to pin-point the Broncos picks by process of elimination: "now let's see. . . who haven't they talked to. . . " realizing that the Broncos never draft anyone they've talked to, so their real pick must be someone they haven't talked to and guessing that way!

                        Now the reverse psychology won't work either. Neither talking nor not talking is a clue.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X