Your ideal linebacking corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ideal linebacking corps

I was wondering what everyone here wants as far as linebackers.

Now, be realistic. Guys we cant either Draft or Sign, not fantasy.

I would love to TRY.

MLB-DJ

SAM- Draft Kieth Rivers.

Will- Draft Jordan Dizon (he'll probably go on the second day anyway).

Now, im certainly no expert, but the way we Blitz and generally play with an extra safety in the box, Dizon would be a great Will. He always knows where the ball is, and can get to the QB.

BUT, thats just me. I'd love to hear what other people think. As long as it doesn't involve Ian Gold...
    sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Curtis Lofton
    Boss Bailey
    DJ Williams

Comment

if you are looking for speed:

Will: DJ williams
      Mike: Patrick Willis
      Sam: Brian Urlacher

realistic?? I don´t think so, but it´s an ideal linebacking corps

Comment

MLB- DJ williams

SAM - Ezra butler or Jordan Dizon

Will - Ian Gold or David Vorbora

unless we get a WILL that can blitz and cover Ian gold will be back and there is nothing people can do about it. Slowiks scheme demands a Will to have Ian's skill set, so be prepared to have gold starting next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
          I was wondering what everyone here wants as far as linebackers.

Now, be realistic. Guys we cant either Draft or Sign, not fantasy.

I would love to TRY.

MLB-DJ

SAM- Draft Kieth Rivers.

Will- Draft Jordan Dizon (he'll probably go on the second day anyway).

Now, im certainly no expert, but the way we Blitz and generally play with an extra safety in the box, Dizon would be a great Will. He always knows where the ball is, and can get to the QB.

BUT, thats just me. I'd love to hear what other people think. As long as it doesn't involve Ian Gold...
          Winborn, Williams and Webster will start, but I would not mind if we drafted Wheeler, Bell, Adibi or Butler one of the more aggressive linebackers in the 2nd Round or later, I think Rivers is vastly overrated and Connor is not worth a top 20 pick. In 2009 we can go after another stud because Winborn and Webster are going to be free agents.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
            Winborn, Williams and Webster will start, but I would not mind if we drafted Wheeler, Bell, Adibi or Butler one of the more aggressive linebackers in the 2nd Round or later, I think Rivers is vastly overrated and Connor is not worth a top 20 pick. In 2009 we can go after another stud because Winborn and Webster are going to be free agents.
            Lol. Great. Well have the World Wide Web linebacking corps.

And are you just saying that the linebackers are overrated because you so desperately want Mendenhall?
            sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

in slowiks scheme there is no way webster and winborn can start. Winborn cant cover or blitz so he cant play WILL, Webster is a career Back-up and cant play WILL and winborn actually has a good skill set for SLB. So SLB Will be winborn or webster, and WILL is going to be Gold or a power rookie like, BEll, butler, wheeler, vorbora, or adibi

Comment

SLB- Phillip Wheeler (playing out of position since gold is still around but by playing him at SAM we maximize the talent on the roster, then once gold leaves move this guy to WLB)

MLB- DJ Williams (showed so much improvement over the season and will be ready to go for his second season as MLB. I believe he can lead this defense if he also has some other veteran leadership such as lynch and bailey.)

WLB- (For now gold is the best option at WLB but i do not believe he will be in denver after we groom a guy this year to replace him.)

looks good for next year then perhaps draft one of the top LB's next year and then our LB corps will be back at the top.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Ideal linebacking corps

Look at the 1998 superbowl champs. Now that is ideal.
                  sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                    in slowiks scheme there is no way webster and winborn can start. Winborn cant cover or blitz so he cant play WILL, Webster is a career Back-up and cant play WILL and winborn actually has a good skill set for SLB. So SLB Will be winborn or webster, and WILL is going to be Gold or a power rookie like, BEll, butler, wheeler, vorbora, or adibi
                    Winborn is quick not fast but sufficient for the season. And Webster may be slow, but he has the time in the system and Williams put up Pro-Bowl numbers in his first year. If we add an aggressive hitter such as Adibi, Bell or Butler, then you can bet he will rotate with Webster especially on the blitzing plays...next year Webster and Winborn will both be gone, and I could see us drafting another linebacker in the top two rounds.

Comment

SAM - Shawn Crable
                      MIKE - D.J. Williams
                      WILL - Jamie Winborn

Crable is a huge and athletic blitzing LB and would bring a playmaking presence at the SAM spot. At 6'5" 245 lbs. he could also line up at DE on obvious passing downs. Hopefully we can get him in the 2nd round. D.J. I think has a chance to be a Pro Bowl MLB, and Winborn flashed playmaking ability when he replaced Ian Gold at the end of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by VA BroncosFan View Post
                        Look at the 1998 superbowl champs. Now that is ideal.
                        Romonowski, Mobley and Aldridge?

The only thing that set that linebacker corps. apart from our current is a Romo-type aggressive linebacker, one that is meaner then piss...the best viable option to get that type of linebacker is Bell, Adibi or Butler. Another thing which would help is an overly aggressive beast of a safety - I really like Jamar Adams from Michigan who has that mindset.

Comment

Winborn is quick not fast but sufficient for the season. And Webster may be slow, but he has the time in the system and Williams put up Pro-Bowl numbers in his first year. If we add an aggressive hitter such as Adibi, Bell or Butler, then you can bet he will rotate with Webster especially on the blitzing plays...next year Webster and Winborn will both be gone, and I could see us drafting another linebacker in the top two rounds.

i dont disagree with winborns speed, and if in camp he improves his blitzing and coverage techinque and mechanics he very well will get the shot at WLB. as far as webster goes, i asnt overly dissapointed with him, as he has been nothing more than a back up and this was his first year starting. He does have time in the system and could very well be a starter, but i we draft 1 of those power rookies, they will definetly challenge right away for a starting spot. As far as DJ goes, i am tired of people thinking he needs to go outside and i agree with you he will be our starting MLB.

quite frankly i would be happy getting a 4th rd OLB and using him with webster or winborn in blitzing downs like u mentioned. canidates i like in the 4th are vorbora and woodyard(he is small but wants to play OLB in the pros not safety, he is a great blitzer and so is Vorbora).

in the end u would have

DJ, Winborn, Webster with Vorbora rotating for blitzes. It all depends on where we want to take a LB, but rest assured we will definetly get 1 in the 1st 4 rds this draft

Comment

Philip Wheeler, Geno Hayes and DJ Williams. Let that pick your mind.

Comment

Winborn signed an extension he aint a FA after this season
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X