Andre Caldwell, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dream View Post
    It depends on what receivers YOU think will be available then. I may think differently.

Choice would be an excellent fit here. I think we can get in in three, perhaps with our earliest four, which will be in the top 110 picks.
    Well, Johnnie Avery is interesting because of his deep speed, and I have heard different things about Latrelle Hawkins (Kiper had him as a first rounder earlier this year) and Caldwell all seem to be in that general Top 50 area....overall, I am not high on the receivers in this draft at all, but I could live with any of those three.

Comment

One guy that intrigues me is Earl Bennett. Not strickly because of his measurables but for another reason... Jay definitely has his 'favorites' - seemingly more so than a typical QB. Earl was his guy at Vandy, so I have a strong feeling he'd have every opportunity to get a lot of looks from Jay during his rookie season and beyond. It couldn't hurt to have another one of Jay's boys out there with him.

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
        One guy that intrigues me is Earl Bennett. Not strickly because of his measurables but for another reason... Jay definitely has his 'favorites' - seemingly more so than a typical QB. Earl was his guy at Vandy, so I have a strong feeling he'd have every opportunity to get a lot of looks from Jay during his rookie season and beyond. It couldn't hurt to have another one of Jay's boys out there with him.
        Agreed...I am looking forward to seeing more of Bennett.

Comment

If you want someone like Rod Smith why not take a guy with the same name. Rod Smith out of Auburn.

On a sidenote Mindfield it's Donnie Avery and I'm 80% sure it's Lavelle Hawkins.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
            Agreed...I am looking forward to seeing more of Bennett.

I'd like seeing Bennett too, but only if Manningham is off the board. Manningham is one of the fastest receivers in the draft and he uses his size well too. He has more upside than Bennett but Earl would be a good fit if we can't but Mario.
            Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Give me Bowman in the 2nd
              http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                Give me Bowman in the 2nd
                Drops too many passes. Just look at him in the Senior Bowl practices.
                Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No love for DJ Hall from Alabama? I love his size/speed combo and his ability to go up and pluck the ball out of the air. He needs to work on dropping his hips and exploding out of breaks though. Overall, he had a solid week of practice.

Comment

I Would Rather Pay Javon The 4 Mil Bonus And Go With Those Chances That He Will Be Back At Full Health And He Would Be By Far A Better Wr Than Any Guy You Could Get In The Draft. Taking A Wr In The Draft Is Too Much Of A Crap Shot. Espesially In The 2nd Round On Down, Plus We Are Just Not Good At Sizing Up Wr Coming Out Of Collage, Who Do We Have On The Roster Or Have Become Starters On Our Team During The Last 15 Years That We Have Drafted. Rod Smith(fa Rookie) Brandon Marshall, And..............
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
                      I Would Rather Pay Javon The 4 Mil Bonus And Go With Those Chances That He Will Be Back At Full Health And He Would Be By Far A Better Wr Than Any Guy You Could Get In The Draft. Taking A Wr In The Draft Is Too Much Of A Crap Shot. Espesially In The 2nd Round On Down, Plus We Are Just Not Good At Sizing Up Wr Coming Out Of Collage, Who Do We Have On The Roster Or Have Become Starters On Our Team During The Last 15 Years That We Have Drafted. Rod Smith(fa Rookie) Brandon Marshall, And..............
                      It may be a crap shoot and Walker may be healthy.... this year: but look at it this way: Walker will likely have a shorter career due to that knee... is it worth not taking a good wideout prospect if they are on the board?
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                        It may be a crap shoot and Walker may be healthy.... this year: but look at it this way: Walker will likely have a shorter career due to that knee... is it worth not taking a good wideout prospect if they are on the board?
                        yes your right, its always worth taking a player that you think is going to be good no mater what position he plays. I just think that walker is that much better than the wrs coming out this year and would be a better option than that of drafting a wr and expecting him to come in and start in place of walker.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
                          yes your right, its always worth taking a player that you think is going to be good no mater what position he plays. I just think that walker is that much better than the wrs coming out this year and would be a better option than that of drafting a wr and expecting him to come in and start in place of walker.
                          And you may be right... for next year... however long term (down the road) I don't think Walker will be around. Shanny mentioned he will prolly hafta have surgery on his knee again, microfracture. I have no idea if that is him spewing crap out his backside or if it is legit... but it creates the idea in my head that if we find a wideout worth taking and take one I will support it 100%. I just hope whoever it is does pan out sometime soon.
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            If you want someone like Rod Smith why not take a guy with the same name. Rod Smith out of Auburn.

On a sidenote Mindfield it's Donnie Avery and I'm 80% sure it's Lavelle Hawkins.
                            Yeah, I am bad with names....maybe I should start doing what Parcells does and just call them by number

Comment

Working...
                            X