Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Steltz

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Craig Steltz

    I really like this kid, and I've heard hes a projected fourth and a projected second. Where is he supposed to go, because I really like him, and think he'll be the best eventual replacement to Lynch because he plays a lot like him with better coverage.
    sigpic
    Sig by Blondie79

  • #2
    I think Demps, Zbikowski, Steltz, Barrett, Chung, Adams, Griffin and Morgan are all FS prospects that should go around rounds 3-4...

    Phillips and Hefney will go early...

    DEN should be able to grab one of these in the 4th.

    Comment


    • #3
      Steltz lacks speed and fluidity, but is quite good at tracking the ball in the air and is usually in the right position. He also lays some nasty hits. I would put him at SS and just let him destroy receivers over the middle as well as RBs coming up the gut. He could go anywhere from round 2 to 4.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think we need to take him if he is still available in the 4th. As already said, he would make a great Strong Safety.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KoleTrickle View Post
          I think we need to take him if he is still available in the 4th. As already said, he would make a great Strong Safety.
          would be a good quality pick up, take him and OLB David Vorbora from Idaho and it will solidify.

          then in 2009 grab a FS and DT and not worry about RB/OT/OG/C as we will fill those this year.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

          Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

          Comment


          • #6
            If he becomes what I think he will, he'll be the next John Lynch for years to come for whoever drafts him.
            sigpic
            Sig by Blondie79

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Max Power View Post
              Steltz lacks speed and fluidity, but is quite good at tracking the ball in the air and is usually in the right position. He also lays some nasty hits. I would put him at SS and just let him destroy receivers over the middle as well as RBs coming up the gut. He could go anywhere from round 2 to 4.
              Sure sounds like a young version of John Lynch.

              Comment


              • #8
                If we get him, I wouldnt care if we picked a punter in round one....not really, but I really want him.
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

                Comment


                • #9
                  If we can't get Phillips I fully approve of Steltz. With you guys saying he's a lot like Lynch I think he'd be a good alternative if Phillips is gone.


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TheJackal View Post
                    If we can't get Phillips I fully approve of Steltz. With you guys saying he's a lot like Lynch I think he'd be a good alternative if Phillips is gone.

                    What if we got both? We'd have a great FS in Phillips and a SS in Steltz. Sounds good to me.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Blondie79

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                      What if we got both? We'd have a great FS in Phillips and a SS in Steltz. Sounds good to me.
                      Lets see we go that way look what we miss in 2009 at FS/SS position the top 5 SS/FS in 2009

                      1st: USC Taylor Mays*, SS, USC
                      Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
                      40 Time: 4.39.
                      Projected Round (2009): Top 10 Pick.
                      A 6-4, 225-pound safety who runs a 4.3? Pretty sick. As a freshman, Taylor Mays started 12 games, recorded 62 tackles and picked off three passes.


                      2nd: Myron Rolle*, SS, Florida State
                      Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
                      40 Time: 4.43.
                      Projected Round (2009): Top 10 Pick.
                      A player with no weaknesses in his game, Myron Rolle started the final 10 games of his freshman year, finishing third on the team with 77 tackles.

                      3rd: Nic Harris, SS, Oklahoma
                      Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.
                      40 Time: 4.55.
                      Projected Round (2009): 1.
                      Nic Harris, a key component of Oklahoma's secondary, is exceptional at locking down against the run. He started eight games as a sophomore, registering three sacks and four picks.

                      4th: Kevin Ellison, SS, USC
                      Height: 6-1. Weight: 220.
                      40 Time: 4.56.
                      Projected Round (2009): 1.
                      Kevin Ellison started every game as a sophomore for USC, notching 64 tackles and a pick.

                      5th : Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State
                      Height: 5-10. Weight: 196.
                      40 Time: 4.40.
                      Projected Round (2009): 1-2.
                      I'd like to see Derek Pegues put on a bit more mass. Pegues is a lightning-quick jack of all trades; he can play cornerback, free safety and kick returner. He started every game as a sophomore and picked off four passes.
                      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                      Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X