Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How SWEET would McFadden look in Orang & Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I'm not speaking for Mendenhall, but Phillips looks to be a second tier safety in the NFL.

He isn't anywhere near what Ed Reed or Sean Taylor was coming our of Miami, and IMHO his stock looks that much more impressive only because it's such a bad draft for top notch talent at S.
    Bingo. You get it.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Just because KP is no Sean Taylor or Ed Reed does not mean he's not a good prospect, a 1st round prospect. Keep in mind Taylor and Reed also played on much better Miami teams.

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
        McFadden doesn't play touch football. It's the opposite. He initiates contact with defenders. But thats not such a good thing. If he keeps it up, he'll have a short career. But I still don't like him for another reason. He has NO vision at all. I've seen many games where he just runs right into his blockers. I like Stewart and Mendenhall over him personally.
        As a born and bred Razorback fan, you do a good job of hitting the nail on the head. I have seen McFadden hit d-lineman full speed and drive them back 3-5 yards which was impressive, but he could have gained a lot more by just running around them, or better yet, allow his blockers to work. It's not that he doesn't have vision, its just that he hits the hole too quickly and doesn't give the linemen enough time to open a hole. That's why the WildHog QB thing worked so well, he had to wait to fake the handoff and then make a read, something he didn't wait to do when taking a handoff or pitch. He also doesn't make great cuts, which really, more than anything, makes him not a great fit for the Bronco offense. But more than anything, the beating he has taken from giving and receiving hits is going to catch up with him, and soon.

With all that said, he's still a phenomenal talent as I don't know if there has ever been a combination of power, acceleration, speed and a killer stiff arm ever. ****erson is the closest thing I can think of but he had sense to run out of bounds to avoid contact (Something McFadden never did at Arkansas). That halloween game still scares me.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Felix Jones in a Bronco uniform. I also wouldn't be surprised if Felix has a better pro career than McFadden, and you can mark that down. I am also not the first to say this among Razorback fans as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tomatostixx View Post
          As a born and bred Razorback fan, you do a good job of hitting the nail on the head. I have seen McFadden hit d-lineman full speed and drive them back 3-5 yards which was impressive, but he could have gained a lot more by just running around them, or better yet, allow his blockers to work. It's not that he doesn't have vision, its just that he hits the hole too quickly and doesn't give the linemen enough time to open a hole. That's why the WildHog QB thing worked so well, he had to wait to fake the handoff and then make a read, something he didn't wait to do when taking a handoff or pitch. He also doesn't make great cuts, which really, more than anything, makes him not a great fit for the Bronco offense. But more than anything, the beating he has taken from giving and receiving hits is going to catch up with him, and soon.

With all that said, he's still a phenomenal talent as I don't know if there has ever been a combination of power, acceleration, speed and a killer stiff arm ever. ****erson is the closest thing I can think of but he had sense to run out of bounds to avoid contact (Something McFadden never did at Arkansas). That halloween game still scares me.

Personally, I would LOVE to see Felix Jones in a Bronco uniform. I also wouldn't be surprised if Felix has a better pro career than McFadden, and you can mark that down. I am also not the first to say this among Razorback fans as well.
          I agree. I think Felix will have a better career than McFadden. I haven't watched that many McFadden games but when I saw him he went down almost on contact. If he continues this trend into the NFL he will not be a good back.
          Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

we shouldn't take phillips. safety isn't our biggest need. fixing the o or d line should be top priority. lynch is probably sticking around so we'd be smarter to go after a safety next season, not this one. use this one to fix what we have to now, not what we can fix later. mcfadden won't fall to us anyway, he'll be drafted by the raiders and will commit career suicide the second he signs his first contract.
            Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
            Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Working...
            X