X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick your 1st Round LB and RB

LB - Keith Rivers or Dan Connor

RB - Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall

My choices are bolded. PAC-10 for the win!

LB-Keith Rivers
    I really think DJ will step up and be the leader that he should be next year, so why not give him the best weakside LB in the draft to give him a hand. He actually reminds me alot of DJ Williams as far as his ability and style of play, but I honestly think he is a little bit faster than DJ.

RB-Rashard Mendenhall

I think this guy will be great. He is the combination of power, speed and shiftyness that you see in all great backs.

I really hope we go with Sedrick Ellis in the first, but since he probly wont fall out of the top 10. So take either Keith Rivers or Mendenhall.
    09-17-08: OFFICIALLY BACKING JARVIS MOSS TO TURN INTO ONE HELL OF A DEFENSIVE END WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.-we are all allowed one mistake, right?

Loved McD 's first full FA. Can't wait to see the draft.

2010 Draft WISHlist:

Any center since we don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by muffcon350 View Post
      LB-Keith Rivers
      I really think DJ will step up and be the leader that he should be next year, so why not give him the best weakside LB in the draft to give him a hand. He actually reminds me alot of DJ Williams as far as his ability and style of play, but I honestly think he is a little bit faster than DJ.

RB-Rashard Mendenhall

I think this guy will be great. He is the combination of power, speed and shiftyness that you see in all great backs.

I really hope we go with Sedrick Ellis in the first, but since he probly wont fall out of the top 10. So take either Keith Rivers or Mendenhall.
      I don't know, DJ has always been a fast mofo. He was a stud RB in high school at De La Salle. I agree that Rivers is similar to him though.

Sedrick Ellis is looking like a top 10 lock, maybe even top 5. There is buzz that he could jump Dorsey as the #1 DT at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
        LB - Keith Rivers or Dan Connor

RB - Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall

My choices are bolded. PAC-10 for the win!
        Ditto....just reverse the running backs.

Comment

1st Round-Jonathan Stewart: Love this guy and think he would fit nicely in our offense, giving us the power back we've needed, everyone has a hard on for Mendenhall and I like him as well, but at 5'11" 210 lbs he is another guy that I think will be injury prone and not able to carry the full load, we already have 2 of those guys in Young/ 5'11" 208, and Andre Hall/ 5'10" 212, we need a power guy like Stewart!!!

2nd Round-Xavier Adibi: This kid has speed to burn and reminds me alot of a younger Ian Gold, he would play WILL for us and be a great blitzer off the edge and can cover as well. I remember before Ian tore his ACL he was a stud, Adibi will be great next to DJ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
            1st Round-Jonathan Stewart: Love this guy and think he would fit nicely in our offense, giving us the power back we've needed, everyone has a hard on for Mendenhall and I like him as well, but at 5'11" 210 lbs he is another guy that I think will be injury prone and not able to carry the full load, we already have 2 of those guys in Young/ 5'11" 208, and Andre Hall/ 5'10" 212, we need a power guy like Stewart!!!

2nd Round-Xavier Adibi: This kid has speed to burn and reminds me alot of a younger Ian Gold, he would play WILL for us and be a great blitzer off the edge and can cover as well. I remember before Ian tore his ACL he was a stud, Adibi will be great next to DJ!!!
            Ditto on Stewart. He has great overall strength and he always keeps his legs moving, and he has exceptional balance for a RB his size. That's why he's so tough to bring down. There's a clip on Youtube of him driving for 25 yards after contact.

Comment

For LB Keith Rivers or Connor at #1 or better Xavier Adibi at #2.
              For RB Stuart at #1 but I hope we do use our #1 on a running back.

Comment

I Would Be Happy With Dan Conner In The 1st And Take Kevin Smith In The Second, When I Watched Penn St This Year, That Guy Was All Over The Field, It Seems Like He Was In On Every Play, And When I Watched Usc, I Dont Ever Remember Hearing Rivers Name, He Wasnt Even The Best Linebacker On That Team, That Goes To That Hawian Dude, Cant Spell His Name. Rivers Is Getting By On His Speed And Size, Conner Is Getting By On Making Plays, I Will Take Conner. And Kevin Smith Is The I Think The Best Back In The Draft This Side Of Mcfadden And Would Be A Steal In The 2nd,
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
                  I Would Be Happy With Dan Conner In The 1st And Take Kevin Smith In The Second, When I Watched Penn St This Year, That Guy Was All Over The Field, It Seems Like He Was In On Every Play, And When I Watched Usc, I Dont Ever Remember Hearing Rivers Name, He Wasnt Even The Best Linebacker On That Team, That Goes To That Hawian Dude, Cant Spell His Name. Rivers Is Getting By On His Speed And Size, Conner Is Getting By On Making Plays, I Will Take Conner. And Kevin Smith Is The I Think The Best Back In The Draft This Side Of Mcfadden And Would Be A Steal In The 2nd,
                  I think Kevin Smith is projected in the third to fourth round. STEAL.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

Wow. KWHIT97. We agree. That's a suprize!

Comment

Originally posted by JWALKER84 View Post
                      I think Kevin Smith is projected in the third to fourth round. STEAL.
                      well if he ends up being the back that I think he will, then yes it will be a steal. plus players are rated all over the place right now. but I think when it comes to draft time he will be at worst a 2nd round pick.
                      sigpic

Comment

1st Round : Trade with Minn

1st Round(trade with Minn) : Rashard Mendenhall RB

2nd round : OT Oniel Cousins (Texas-El Paso)

3rd round (our 3rd back): Earl Bennett WR (Vanderbilt)

4th round : David Vobora OLB (Idaho)

sorry but just like you said you wont take a RB in the first I wont take an ILB in the first.

This year is the Year for offense, the trend is there just look for it. 4th round is where we get our new OLB and DT
                        Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 01-25-2008, 04:22 PM.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Trade the 12th overall pick to Detroit who selects: Ryan Clady - OT - Boise St., Denver receives the 15th overall pick, 111th overall pick and rights to Shaun Rogers.

1st Round: Rashard Mendenhall - HB - Illinois - Good vision, never ending motor, mix of power and speed, smooth cutting ability and one of the best receiving halfbacks in the draft. A Big Ten halfback who will likely be high on Coach Turner's list being a huge fan and former coach from the Big Ten. Ron Zook being his coach will be a plus for Shanahan as well, with his out of the box scouting methods.

2nd Round: Ali Highsmith - LB - L.S.U - Good sidline to sidline, does well in coverage, excellent pass rusher and blitzer. A solid leader who gives 110%, has a good motor. Undersized, but Denver will overlook that with his tangibles and ability. Would be a higher pick, but some think he lacks the instincts to be anything but situational at the next level, would fit well in Slowik's scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                            Trade the 12th overall pick to Detroit who selects: Ryan Clady - OT - Boise St., Denver receives the 15th overall pick, 111th overall pick and rights to Shaun Rogers.

1st Round: Rashard Mendenhall - HB - Illinois - Good vision, never ending motor, mix of power and speed, smooth cutting ability and one of the best receiving halfbacks in the draft. A Big Ten halfback who will likely be high on Coach Turner's list being a huge fan and former coach from the Big Ten. Ron Zook being his coach will be a plus for Shanahan as well, with his out of the box scouting methods.

2nd Round: Ali Highsmith - LB - L.S.U - Good sidline to sidline, does well in coverage, excellent pass rusher and blitzer. A solid leader who gives 110%, has a good motor. Undersized, but Denver will overlook that with his tangibles and ability. Would be a higher pick, but some think he lacks the instincts to be anything but situational at the next level, would fit well in Slowik's scheme.

That would be unreal if that trade could happen...I think it equals to a 4th round pick for Rodgers and would give Denver the difference maker at HB that they could use

sign me up

Comment

Originally posted by DrewB View Post
                              That would be unreal if that trade could happen...I think it equals to a 4th round pick for Rodgers and would give Denver the difference maker at HB that they could use

sign me up

Ditto but pick Stewart instead of Mendenhall because he has more power(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKR...eature=related) and would be a better complement to our other backs.
                              Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X