Pick your 1st Round LB and RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lancane View Post
    Trade the 12th overall pick to Detroit who selects: Ryan Clady - OT - Boise St., Denver receives the 15th overall pick, 111th overall pick and rights to Shaun Rogers.

1st Round: Rashard Mendenhall - HB - Illinois - Good vision, never ending motor, mix of power and speed, smooth cutting ability and one of the best receiving halfbacks in the draft. A Big Ten halfback who will likely be high on Coach Turner's list being a huge fan and former coach from the Big Ten. Ron Zook being his coach will be a plus for Shanahan as well, with his out of the box scouting methods.

2nd Round: Ali Highsmith - LB - L.S.U - Good sidline to sidline, does well in coverage, excellent pass rusher and blitzer. A solid leader who gives 110%, has a good motor. Undersized, but Denver will overlook that with his tangibles and ability. Would be a higher pick, but some think he lacks the instincts to be anything but situational at the next level, would fit well in Slowik's scheme.

I like that trade, but if Conner or River is still available I think Shanny will grab one of them. I have a feeling Shanny will look at Jamaal Charles in the second if he is still around and Thomas Brown in the fourth.
    Last edited by BroncoRT; 01-25-2008, 08:15 PM.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
      Ditto but pick Stewart instead of Mendenhall because he has more power(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2yKR...eature=related) and would be a better complement to our other backs.
      Opinions vary!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT View Post
        I like that trade, but if Conner or River is still available I think Shanny will grab one of them. I have a feeling Shanny will look at Jamaal Charles in the second if he is still around and Thomas Brown in the fourth.
        Rivers and Connors will switch value on draft day IMHO, Connors I think will go top 20 and Rivers may fall out of the top 20. Secondly, Charles and Young are very similar, I think Denver would take Choice or Smith over Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
          Opinions vary!

Especially yours and mine
          Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X