Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos look to add another Day One Draft Pick

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8070699

"Look for Denver to try to pick up another second-round pick in its quest for more impact choices. Denver has eight picks in the April draft, but none in the third or sixth round. Denver has extra choices in the fourth, fifth and seventh rounds, which could be used to trade up on draft day.

Also watch for the Broncos to be active in free agency without spending big dollars as they did a year ago. One or two starting quality players likely will be added."

Seems like the off-season plan is simple:

(1) Try to get a viable, productive starter or two (at DT, LB, WR, OL)

(2) Turn the 6 picks we have in rounds 4,5,7 into something more meaningfull... Possibly turning a bunch of these picks into a 2nd/3rd

(3) Try to get something for a Gold, Walker, Henry... Maybe a 2nd or 3rd?

ANYWAY, I look for Denver to add another Day One pick, plus a third round selection... to go with their 1st & 2nd... PLUS, at least one 4th. Even if it means losing the other 4th, both 5ths and both 7ths + Gold, Henry or Walker...

Getting 3 Day One picks, a high 3 and a high 4... That means DEN can draft a DT, FS, LB, RB, KR/WR.

I think someone mentioned that Texans are looking at RFA Foxworth.

if anything we can pull a 3rd rounder with foxworth alone because he's RFA and we make them pay for it through the nose.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Best way to do it is trade down in Round 1, unless Ellis is there at #12, which he almost certainly will not be.

Comment

Why would a team want to trade their 2nd round pick for a bunch of unvaluable/risky late picks? (5ths and 7ths)

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
          Why would a team want to trade their 2nd round pick for a bunch of unvaluable/risky late picks? (5ths and 7ths)

I'm just throwing out possibilities... Maybe they trade down in the first... pick up a third... get a third somewhere else... Package a 3rd, 4th & 5th for a second rounder?

All I'm saying... AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW... I look for Den to add a third round pick plus another DAY ONE selection before the draft.

Comment

Miami... St Louis... Atlanta... Oakland... KC...Jets

those teams need players I can see us trading our 5ths and 7ths to KC or Atlanta for their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick. Tie up Walker with a 5th to get the 2nd.. but then thats just me those teams will be looking for depth.
            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

Just ask the Redskins.

I'm sure we could trick them into swapping their 2nd rounders for one of our 4ths straight up.

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
                Best way to do it is trade down in Round 1, unless Ellis is there at #12, which he almost certainly will not be.
                My thoughts exactly. Or if for some reason should McFadden fall, which he probably won't.

McFadden or Ellis are the only two players I can truly see the Broncos taking at the 12 spot, but you have to find someone who wants to move into that spot to move out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 32-33Champs View Post
                  My thoughts exactly. Or if for some reason should McFadden fall, which he probably won't.

McFadden or Ellis are the only two players I can truly see the Broncos taking at the 12 spot, but you have to find someone who wants to move into that spot to move out of it.
                  they wont fall thats just a pipe dream

the only player i can see falling is Jackson

Comment

Well, a first day pick is only a first or second - and I don't think Williamson got the memo on that. It was reported by a few other sources that they really want to fill the void in the third round; and it was cited that a trade down from #12 would be the most plausible way to do it.

I don't think Denver has the intentions of trading those day two selections. It's not even worth packaging those seventh rounders because you'll get nothing for them. Denver should keep everything they have, and try to acquire more.

If somehow we could get another second and third and have:

1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7. . .

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the fours and fives getting us a third or so; but keep what we have and build it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                      Well, a first day pick is only a first or second - and I don't think Williamson got the memo on that. It was reported by a few other sources that they really want to fill the void in the third round; and it was cited that a trade down from #12 would be the most plausible way to do it.

I don't think Denver has the intentions of trading those day two selections. It's not even worth packaging those seventh rounders because you'll get nothing for them. Denver should keep everything they have, and try to acquire more.

If somehow we could get another second and third and have:

1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7. . .

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the fours and fives getting us a third or so; but keep what we have and build it up.

That sums it up for me... If we can have: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5,7,7 I would be stoked!

OR... somehting like: 1,2,2,3,3,4,7,7

Comment

Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Oakland

Notice anything about all of these teams. They all need a definite No.1 receiver. We could put a package deal including Javon Walker and some picks or Travis Henry with the right team (Chicago or Atlanta).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got two 2nd round picks. My choices for those picks would be Anthony Collins and Pat Sims.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Oakland

Notice anything about all of these teams. They all need a definite No.1 receiver. We could put a package deal including Javon Walker and some picks or Travis Henry with the right team (Chicago or Atlanta).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got two 2nd round picks. My choices for those picks would be Anthony Collins and Pat Sims.

Minnesota would be the best way to trade off Javon.

plus their 17th pick... would be nice if we do move down.

Comment

Originally posted by 32-33Champs View Post

Exactly! Before you all start babbling about trades, you need to consider "what's in it for the other team?"

Unless they have a compelling reason to move up and get a specific player they won't trade, in which case the Broncos are stuck at #12.
                            sigpic

Comment

The best trade for Denver is trading down 10 spots in the 1st Round with Dallas. We trade the 12th pick in the draft to Dallas for its 1st(22nd), 2nd and 3rd Round Picks.

So we would have

1 1st Round Pick #22
                              2 2nd Round Picks
                              1 3rd Round Pick
                              2 4th Round Picks
                              2 5th Round Picks
                              0 6th Round Pick(maybe we can trade Ian Gold to Cinn for a 6th)
                              2 7th Round Picks

My draft

Pat Sims
                              Erin Henderson
                              Devin Thomas
                              DaJuan Morgan
                              Duane Brown
                              Matt Forte
                              Durant Brooks
                              Johnny Dingle
                              Chauncey Washington
                              Glen Shape