Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fraguela09
    replied
    Let's just hope a top DB slips to 12 and Dallas makes a run at him... They could give us a first, second and a 4th. That would be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I think the only possible thing to do is trade down in round 1.
    If a QB like Matt Ryan or maybe Brian Brohm fall to 12 then I can see a team like Minnesota wanting our 12 pick!

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Last year... SD swung a deal with Chicago:

San Diego sent their second-round selection (62nd overall, used to select Dan Bazuin), their third-round selection (93rd overall, used to select Garrett Wolfe), their fifth-round selection (167th overall, used to select KEvin Payne), and their third-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft to Chicago for their second-round selection (37th overall, used to select Eric Weddle).

Basically... SD sent a 2nd, 3rd, 5th and next year's 3rd to grab a 2nd... BUT... the second round pick SD got was the 5th pick of the second round, and the pick the sent to CHI was the 30th pick of the second round...

SO... to move from 30th to 5th in the second round (25 spots) they had to deal 2 thirds and a 5th...

NOW... what would it cost DEN to trade in to the back end of the second round? Who knows... BUT... If DEN were to obtain a third before the draft... that along with a 4th, 5th, and 3rd in 2009 might get it done.

Leave a comment:

• broncofansd
    replied
    The best trade for Denver is trading down 10 spots in the 1st Round with Dallas. We trade the 12th pick in the draft to Dallas for its 1st(22nd), 2nd and 3rd Round Picks.

So we would have

1 1st Round Pick #22
    2 2nd Round Picks
    1 3rd Round Pick
    2 4th Round Picks
    2 5th Round Picks
    0 6th Round Pick(maybe we can trade Ian Gold to Cinn for a 6th)
    2 7th Round Picks

My draft

Pat Sims
    Erin Henderson
    Devin Thomas
    DaJuan Morgan
    Duane Brown
    Matt Forte
    Durant Brooks
    Johnny Dingle
    Chauncey Washington
    Glen Shape

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by 32-33Champs View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Or if for some reason should McFadden fall, which he probably won't.

McFadden or Ellis are the only two players I can truly see the Broncos taking at the 12 spot, but you have to find someone who wants to move into that spot to move out of it.
    Exactly! Before you all start babbling about trades, you need to consider "what's in it for the other team?"

Unless they have a compelling reason to move up and get a specific player they won't trade, in which case the Broncos are stuck at #12.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Oakland

Notice anything about all of these teams. They all need a definite No.1 receiver. We could put a package deal including Javon Walker and some picks or Travis Henry with the right team (Chicago or Atlanta).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got two 2nd round picks. My choices for those picks would be Anthony Collins and Pat Sims.

Minnesota would be the best way to trade off Javon.

plus their 17th pick... would be nice if we do move down.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Miami, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Oakland

Notice anything about all of these teams. They all need a definite No.1 receiver. We could put a package deal including Javon Walker and some picks or Travis Henry with the right team (Chicago or Atlanta).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got two 2nd round picks. My choices for those picks would be Anthony Collins and Pat Sims.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream View Post
    Well, a first day pick is only a first or second - and I don't think Williamson got the memo on that. It was reported by a few other sources that they really want to fill the void in the third round; and it was cited that a trade down from #12 would be the most plausible way to do it.

I don't think Denver has the intentions of trading those day two selections. It's not even worth packaging those seventh rounders because you'll get nothing for them. Denver should keep everything they have, and try to acquire more.

If somehow we could get another second and third and have:

1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7. . .

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the fours and fives getting us a third or so; but keep what we have and build it up.

That sums it up for me... If we can have: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5,7,7 I would be stoked!

OR... somehting like: 1,2,2,3,3,4,7,7

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Well, a first day pick is only a first or second - and I don't think Williamson got the memo on that. It was reported by a few other sources that they really want to fill the void in the third round; and it was cited that a trade down from #12 would be the most plausible way to do it.

I don't think Denver has the intentions of trading those day two selections. It's not even worth packaging those seventh rounders because you'll get nothing for them. Denver should keep everything they have, and try to acquire more.

If somehow we could get another second and third and have:

1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 7, 7. . .

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the fours and fives getting us a third or so; but keep what we have and build it up.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Originally posted by 32-33Champs View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Or if for some reason should McFadden fall, which he probably won't.

McFadden or Ellis are the only two players I can truly see the Broncos taking at the 12 spot, but you have to find someone who wants to move into that spot to move out of it.
    they wont fall thats just a pipe dream

the only player i can see falling is Jackson

Leave a comment:

• 32-33Champs
    replied
    Originally posted by Schism View Post
    Best way to do it is trade down in Round 1, unless Ellis is there at #12, which he almost certainly will not be.

Leave a comment:

• Schism
    replied
    Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Why would a team want to trade their 2nd round pick for a bunch of unvaluable/risky late picks? (5ths and 7ths)
    Just ask the Redskins.

I'm sure we could trick them into swapping their 2nd rounders for one of our 4ths straight up.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Why would a team want to trade their 2nd round pick for a bunch of unvaluable/risky late picks? (5ths and 7ths)
    Miami... St Louis... Atlanta... Oakland... KC...Jets

those teams need players I can see us trading our 5ths and 7ths to KC or Atlanta for their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick. Tie up Walker with a 5th to get the 2nd.. but then thats just me those teams will be looking for depth.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied

I'm just throwing out possibilities... Maybe they trade down in the first... pick up a third... get a third somewhere else... Package a 3rd, 4th & 5th for a second rounder?

All I'm saying... AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW... I look for Den to add a third round pick plus another DAY ONE selection before the draft.

Leave a comment:

• mx_stiles13
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X