Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You THINK Will Be Our First Round Selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Do You THINK Will Be Our First Round Selection?

We have a lot of opinions on who people WANT to see the Broncos take in the draft, but this isn't that type of thread.

I want you all to remove your personal preferences and tell me who you honestly think, for better or worse, Mike Shanahan will actually end up selecting come April.

I'll do this again a few more times before the draft, after the combine, after the top free agents are signed and the week before the draft.

So, what will Crazy Old Mike do then?

Ryan Clady

Comment

Ima also say Ryan Clady at #12.

Although I would say, trading down between 20-25, then grabbing Chris Williams who looked good in the Senior Bowl would be ideal. Then we would have two 2nd round picks, where we could go in a multitude of diffrent ways. We could target Pat Sims, and if we have to trade up using that extra firepower that we got to nab him in the very early second or late first, then that is a possibility. Or, Pat Sims falls to us in the 2nd at 12th, and then we have another 2nd round pick to add a solid player.

Comment

^^^ We didn't draft Ryan Harris for no reason.

Rashard Mendenhall - RB - Illinois

Comment

Ryan Clady would be a good fit if we stay with the pick as is. As you said, you'll be doing this board a few more times, but for now, Ryan Clady

Comment

i would say ryan clady also if he is still there at 12 it would be impossible to not take him, someone mentioned ryan harris, isnt holland a FA? my guess is they would put harris at RT and clady at LT and that would be a good foundation to build on... with that being said if clady is gone i could see denver trading the pick in order to claim an extra pick on the first day.... but with shanny anything is possible he could just pick a HB or WR for all we know, he rolls like that sometimes

Comment

Kenny Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                Kenny Phillips
                Kenny Phillips is overrated and does not deserve the #12 pick.

Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of talent, but the only reason he will go so high is because he is the only "top" safety in this draft.

If we trade down and he drops to somewhere in the 20s range, go for him, but the #12 pick is way too early for Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                  Kenny Phillips is overrated and does not deserve the #12 pick.

Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of talent, but the only reason he will go so high is because he is the only "top" safety in this draft.

If we trade down and he drops to somewhere in the 20s range, go for him, but the #12 pick is way too early for Phillips.
                  Phillips had a good season, despite being on a terrible team. He and Tavares Gooden were the only guys making any plays at all on that Miami D. If he's on USC or LSU, there is no talk of him being overrated.

Comment

Probably Eddie Royal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kon View Post
                      Probably Eddie Royal.

No way Eddie Royal is our pick at #12 overall. Even if they opt to go the WR/KR route, DeSean Jackson would probably be available and Royal has nothing on him.
                      Last edited by Max Power; 01-27-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                        Phillips had a good season, despite being on a terrible team. He and Tavares Gooden were the only guys making any plays at all on that Miami D. If he's on USC or LSU, there is no talk of him being overrated.
                        I still think with John Lynch coming back, the Broncos should wait on drafting an elite safety. Sure a rookie safety could learn a lot from Lynch, but we need to get a player that will make the biggest impact right away.

Rashard Mendenhall or Ryan Clady can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                          I still think with John Lynch coming back, the Broncos should wait on drafting an elite safety. Sure a rookie safety could learn a lot from Lynch, but we need to get a player that will make the biggest impact right away.

Rashard Mendenhall or Ryan Clady can do that.
                          fair enough. I can understand the case against drafting a safety early, but it bothers me when people say Phillips is overrated without having seen him play. Is he the dynamic playmaker Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry were in college? No. But is he a well-around safety with no glaring weaknesses in his game? YES.

Comment

Duane Brown, Matt Forte, Jordi Nelson or Ali Highsmith. Pick a bust......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                              Duane Brown, Matt Forte, Jordi Nelson or Ali Highsmith. Pick a bust......
                              Mind telling us why you think those guys will be busts?

Comment

Working...
                              X