Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You THINK Will Be Our First Round Selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I hope we take a RB, if I had to bet on it I would say we take a defensive player, too bad it will probably be a linebacker.
    Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think it will either be the best available OT based on the combine results (probably Clady or Williams) or the best available LB (Rivers or Conner) based on how they grade out.

I still don't believe that Shanahan will pull the trigger on a big-name RB in the first round. I won't until I see it. Rumor has it he was enamored with Maroney and would've snatched him in the first had we not been able to trade up for Cutler, but that's just hearsay.

OT and LB are the two "need" picks that aren't sexy like DT, RB or S (Kenny Phillips) so I think we'll go there. Shanny is never predictable.

Really though, I think we're going to trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
        I think it will either be the best available OT based on the combine results (probably Clady or Williams) or the best available LB (Rivers or Conner) based on how they grade out.

I still don't believe that Shanahan will pull the trigger on a big-name RB in the first round. I won't until I see it. Rumor has it he was enamored with Maroney and would've snatched him in the first had we not been able to trade up for Cutler, but that's just hearsay.

OT and LB are the two "need" picks that aren't sexy like DT, RB or S (Kenny Phillips) so I think we'll go there. Shanny is never predictable.

I agree except that Shanahan never takes early picks on O linemen. He will focus on D. But I hope we at least trade down in the draft.

Comment

Carl Nicks or Jeff Otah will be the best available OT based on combine results, but they're probably too big and slow for the ZBS that we made famous.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            Mind telling us why you think those guys will be busts?

If taken in the first round Brown and Nelson will be busts, Highsmith is the perfect fit for Shanahan......small and weak......And should no be taken with the 12th pick in the draft......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              If taken in the first round Brown and Nelson will be busts, Highsmith is the perfect fit for Shanahan......small and weak......And should no be taken with the 12th pick in the draft......
              I'm pretty sure neither Brown nor Nelson will be 1st rounders. But for where they are projected (3rd-4th round?), they should be solid, especially Jordy Nelson. I agree that Highsmith would be a gigantic reach at #12, especially over superior LBs like the ones in my sig. However, I think he is the prototypical WILL and he could be great provided he doesn't have to get around big offensive linemen. I wouldn't mind his selection in the 2nd if we don't go LB in the 1st.
              Last edited by Max Power; 01-27-2008, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
                I agree except that Shanahan never takes early picks on O linemen. He will focus on D. But I hope we at least trade down in the draft.
                He took a gamble on George Foster in the first round who was no where near as highly touted coming out as most of the guys in this years draft nor did he fit the "system stereotype" for the Broncos O-line (Foster was huge, strong, and slow instead of small and athletic). Shanny has NEVER taken a RB in the first, EVER. As a matter of fact, he's taken every position in the first except for K, P, G, C, S, and RB in the first round. K, P, G, and C in the first round are rare but RB is extremely common for every team except Denver.

This draft is absolutely loaded with RB talent, more than I can remember in any one draft. So much so that guys who should be low 1st or high 2nd rounders probably will drop to the 4th round or later. This is another reason I don't think Shanny goes RB in the first. If McFadden were to fall to us, then I'm sure Shanny wouldn't pass on the potential next AP, LT, or LJ but if not, I just can't see him pulling the trigger on a first round RB unless we somehow trade down and acquire two first round picks.

I wouldn't be upset to see Shanny draft a first round RB like Stewart or Mendenhall, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                  Mind telling me why you are such a loyal Bronco fan with such a great attitude? I mean I can understand but really.... if it is so bad and terrible for you and you hate shanny so much why not try an follow another team?

Not bashing but I am curious.
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Not that I disagree with part of your post - but Shanahan said so, that means it was neither a rumor or hearsay!

Comment

I'd be excited to see Dan Connor go to us, penn state.

(by the way i'm listening to schism - tool, right now.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                        I'd be excited to see Dan Connor go to us, penn state.

(by the way i'm listening to schism - tool, right now.)

We have more need elsewhere. And there are plenty of linebackers later in the draft that will be good. (Jared Mayo, Jordan Dizon...)

Comment

We have more need elsewhere. And there are plenty of linebackers later in the draft that will be good. (Jared Mayo, Jordan Dizon...)
                          Funny how you say we should wait till later cuz the LB class is so deep but you want us to take a RB when that looks even DEEPER as of right now.
                          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Yeah we do have bigger needs elsewhere... This is just funny coming from the guy addressing our lines only in the 5th and 7th rounds...

In my opinion we should pick up a veteran (not an Adams like player, somebody who can throw down) DT in FA, use our first rounder on Dan Conner, sign an OT in the second... In the third (name is escaping me) pick up that WR from Vandy that Jay has expressed desire to get on the team...

Who knows, the draft is a long ways away.

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                              Mind telling me why you are such a loyal Bronco fan with such a great attitude? I mean I can understand but really.... if it is so bad and terrible for you and you hate shanny so much why not try an follow another team?

Not bashing but I am curious.

Great attitude? Just save it, JoRo!

I do not hate Shanahan, I'm one of his supporters, I just don't like his philosophy in player personnel and I support the Broncos regardless.

You're reading too much into a select few posts, if you actually care to know how I feel about Shanahan and the Broncos, you might have to dig a bit deeper, because I have neither the time nor the inclination to defend/explain myself to anyone! I'm no less of a fan than you!

But I will probably be complaining about the same things as long as Shanahan continues to draft the same type of players......Which is no more stupid than the notion that I should follow another team because I don't like a few moves the HC makes.

If you do not like my posts, I suggest you find the Ignore button......

Comment

If we don't trade, Mendenhall; but, the past couple of years the Broncos have traded up, if they do that they would probably be going for Ellis, probably at #5.
                                sigpic
                                Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Working...
                                X