Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Do You THINK Will Be Our First Round Selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Great attitude? Just save it, JoRo!

I do not hate Shanahan, I'm one of his supporters, I just don't like his philosophy in player personnel and I support the Broncos regardless.

You're reading too much into a select few posts, if you actually care to know how I feel about Shanahan and the Broncos, you might have to dig a bit deeper, because I have neither the time nor the inclination to defend/explain myself to anyone! I'm no less of a fan than you!

But I will probably be complaining about the same things as long as Shanahan continues to draft the same type of players......Which is no more stupid than the notion that I should follow another team because I don't like a few moves the HC makes.

If you do not like my posts, I suggest you find the Ignore button......
    I don't mind your posts dawg. I just got the inclination from some of your stuff (as I mainly read in the Draft stuff right now) that you really didn't like Shanny much

No hard feelings though I just was curious if Shanny had kicked your puppy or something.

And I understand your complaints, your right I haven't dug deep enough, I figured i would just ask. But I understand so no biggy
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

I've been on the fence on this issue for a while and even though I think I would like and impact player on the offense I am going to have to say (this is if he's still available with the 12th pick) I'd take kenny phillips.

The reason behind that is look where Indy's d was last year without sanders and look where they were with him. both denver and indy employ the fast, undersized defenses. both got torched by the run without a dominant safety. I love Lynch and believe he still has plenty of value for the broncos, but having kenny phillips would upgrade our defense tremendously.

Comment

Originally posted by halfback View Post
        i would say ryan clady also if he is still there at 12 it would be impossible to not take him, someone mentioned ryan harris, isnt holland a FA? my guess is they would put harris at RT and clady at LT and that would be a good foundation to build on...
        would that make Erik Pears the blocking TE for goalline situations?? I´d love that

Comment

Although I would love to see Jonathan Stewart in Orange and Blue, if I had to bet on it I think Shanny will trade down, (low teens) pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder and take either OT Chris Williams or Sam Baker. Or LB Keith Rivers!!

Comment

Almost impossible to predict right now...

I would say OT/LB/RB wil be Day One selections. We have 2 picks right now. I have a feeling Shanny grabs another Day One pick...

DT is a need but we already have a young D-line... I look for a DT to be brought in before the draft and a Day Two selection to be made for depth.

STILL... being that Shanny is an offensive guy and that his offense was pathetic this year (and that we already have a solid foundation to this unit)... I think the opportunity to strengthen the bulwark is too good to pass...

SO... I see OT and RB being our first two picks with Shanny getting another Day One pick to nab a LB.

WOuld I be shocked if Connor was our first pick? Nope. Just means OT/RB will be the next two selections.

Comment

Honestly there is no one I would be excited about for the Broncos in the first round (Besides a couple guys in the top 10), I am excited about the second round talent. So my Broncos first round would be trade down with Detroit get Shaun Rogers. Then I would trade down again and reach for Trevor Laws. In the second round I would draft Shawn Crable.

I know a lot of people want OT in the first but I think there are a lot of stereotypical Denver OTs (athletic and a little smaller) later in the draft as well as RBs.

I do not see Shanny doing this though I think he does trade with Detroit to get Rogers and then drafts Conner.

Comment

depends if we stay at 12 we will pick 1 of 3 guys.

1. OL Ryan Clady
                2. RB J Stewart
                3. S Kenny phillips

if we trade down i belive our targets would be

1. DT Kentwan Balmer
                2. DT Pat simms
                3. OL Chris williams

Comment

2nd round talent that might be bust or a whole lotta boom.

steve slaton- 10 to 15 touches a game. He is what we always wanted tatum bell to become, but didnt. He would be a dynamic pressence and a very good change of pace running back. The only problem with him is we still don't have our work horse back. Electrifying, great in open space, can catch, and can run up the middle. Not sure about any blocking ability.

Comment

I have a feeling hes going to pull a miami and draft DeSean Jackson. #12 is way too high for him IMO, but i have this feeling we will take him because of the lack of production in the return game and the need for a speed WR.

Comment

I hope you are wrong. Not sure where I read this but somewhere someone said we are possible interested in a wr/kr from app state and he's be second day pick. I wouldn't mind jackson if he was another steve smith or coles, but it just seems like too much of a risk with the 12th.

Comment

why do people think we will or wish to draft a RB? We don't need a running back at all. our o-line is terrible, there's no way any1 will have success with them blocking. look at edge james. a great passing offense to help him out, but he still has no success becuz of the line in front of him. Edge is good, right? and another thing. people seem to forget that henry was the leading rusher before the drug scandals and the injury. plus, selvin young isnt that bad. denver takes scrubs and makes them good. we dont need to draft a high ranked RB, becuz we dont need one. plus, henry is alot of money, that would rotting money chillin on the bench. if we draft a RB early, i will be extrmely disappointed. Lets get Kenny Phillips!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310 View Post
                          why do people think we will or wish to draft a RB? We don't need a running back at all. our o-line is terrible, there's no way any1 will have success with them blocking. look at edge james. a great passing offense to help him out, but he still has no success becuz of the line in front of him. Edge is good, right? and another thing. people seem to forget that henry was the leading rusher before the drug scandals and the injury. plus, selvin young isnt that bad. denver takes scrubs and makes them good. we dont need to draft a high ranked RB, becuz we dont need one. plus, henry is alot of money, that would rotting money chillin on the bench. if we draft a RB early, i will be extrmely disappointed. Lets get Kenny Phillips!!!!!!!
                          how would kenny phillips help fix the oline?

Comment

if we don't get Ellis, I say we're going to trade up and get Phillips or Mendenhall. You cannot use the logic that "he's never done it before" to say "he will never do it". Until a few years ago Shanny hasn't drafted a QB in the first round either, but doesn't mean he wasn't going to do it...and he did. The field is open and there is a lot of talent. We could trade up or trade down or stay where we are. I say we're either going for Ellis which is our biggest need or a good steady RB for our future. If Henry ends up staying, I don't see him being here more than a year. So who knows what's really going to happen?

Comment

Since we can't get Ellis, I have to say Mendenhall who I believe is the best halfback in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X