Colt Brennan.... future backup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Brennan.... future backup?

Mainly due to my boredom (I am stuck at work doing nothing and my PS3 wont work here due to my tv not working the right way) I am looking around at all these sites. One I came to was footballsfuture.com and I was reading about Brennan. Many have him falling far in the draft now due to his poor Senior Bowl week, and while I don't dispute that I do think he could become a good to decent option in the long run with the right coaching staff and offense.

So my question to ponder is this: if he happened to be there in the 6th or 7th how would any of you feel about Denver taking a flier on him and then letting him be our third qb and developmental guy?

I know he played in a very quirky offense at Hawaii, I am not stupid. But I think he has the tools to be a decent QB, he needs some coaching on footwork (run and shoot offense does that) and will probably never have a GREAT arm like Cutler, but with the right work I think he possibly could become a decent guy to have around?

Let the debate begin please don't just say "Hawaii suxxors so Brennan suxxors" being here for another three hours I have hope that I can actually read some meaningfull posts
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

I don't want him in this organization. He'll just be a cancer with his off the field antics. Let some team draft him and watch him bust
    lulz @ the Patriots

www.youtube.com/JayCutler4MVP

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP SEAN TAYLOR
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
      Mainly due to my boredom (I am stuck at work doing nothing and my PS3 wont work here due to my tv not working the right way) I am looking around at all these sites. One I came to was footballsfuture.com and I was reading about Brennan. Many have him falling far in the draft now due to his poor Senior Bowl week, and while I don't dispute that I do think he could become a good to decent option in the long run with the right coaching staff and offense.

So my question to ponder is this: if he happened to be there in the 6th or 7th how would any of you feel about Denver taking a flier on him and then letting him be our third qb and developmental guy?

I know he played in a very quirky offense at Hawaii, I am not stupid. But I think he has the tools to be a decent QB, he needs some coaching on footwork (run and shoot offense does that) and will probably never have a GREAT arm like Cutler, but with the right work I think he possibly could become a decent guy to have around?

Let the debate begin please don't just say "Hawaii suxxors so Brennan suxxors" being here for another three hours I have hope that I can actually read some meaningfull posts

Brennan is a future bust. He is not moblie and if you get any pressure on him, he will fold. we all saw this against Georgia and it will be the same way in the NFL. Don't waste a pick on him!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!
      Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
        Brennan is a future bust. He is not moblie and if you get any pressure on him, he will fold. we all saw this against Georgia and it will be the same way in the NFL. Don't waste a pick on him!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!
        Ok. Granted he didn't do wel against Georgia... but look at the other talent on his team... look at his line...

He may "bust" but for a 6th round pick with some real potential that still isn't worth looking at? If he is that bad its not like we wasted much.

I am just curious and was hoping for some feedback
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Ok. Granted he didn't do wel against Georgia... but look at the other talent on his team... look at his line...

He may "bust" but for a 6th round pick with some real potential that still isn't worth looking at? If he is that bad its not like we wasted much.

I am just curious and was hoping for some feedback

We don't have a 6th round pick. If we pick him it would either be a 5th rounder or 7th rounder. Maybe it would be okay in we picked him with our last pick of the draft, but I would rather see us take 2 punters instead of Brennan.

Comment

Absolutely not.

No further comment.
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
              We don't have a 6th round pick. If we pick him it would either be a 5th rounder or 7th rounder. Maybe it would be okay in we picked him with our last pick of the draft, but I would rather see us take 2 punters instead of Brennan.
              That seems really ignorant... if you took two punters (a position where one will only be needed) you KNOW you are cutting one no matter what.

What if you drafted Brennan early 7th (donno if he falls there but I am curious) and we take him, let him sit and learn and work and who knows maybe we got a long term backup for trade bait in the future?

that seems much more productive than throwing TWO picks at TWO punters.

Now I am not indicating I want Brennan here, but I just wanted to debate it. By no means would I want us to give up much for him, but if he is there that late I don't see why not?
              Last edited by JoRo; 01-27-2008, 02:24 PM.
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

That seems really ignorant... if you took two punters (a position where one will only be needed) you KNOW you are cutting one no matter what.

What if you drafted Brennan early 7th (donno if he falls there but I am curious) and we take him, let him sit and learn and work and who knows maybe we got a long term backup for trade bait in the future?

that seems much more productive than throwing TWO picks at TWO punters.
                I don't think we should draft two punters, but drafting Brennan is worse than drafting two punters. Besides, Shanahan likes Cutler and Ramsey and he hasn't kept any of our other quarterbacks lately. Brennan is just not mobile enough for the NFL, and if he had to play in the NFL he would be eaten alive. It just isn't as productive as drafting an offensive linemen like Tyler Polumbus.

Comment

Nope no way he would be a waste of a pick.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Ok so I am just going to assume I am the only one that wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on a potential good qb down the road...

And glad all (read: none) of you explained your opinions. I don't see how Brennan not being a scrambler would hurt him anymore than any other qb... and I don't want this to sound like I am defending him, cuz I dunno, but I was hopin to stir some REAL debate like other positions
                    Last edited by JoRo; 01-27-2008, 03:33 PM.
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Anyone watch him at the Senior Bowl? Not just the game, but all the practices too. God no, cant believe how bad he is. Sidearm, weak arm, innacurate, stares WR's down...

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

I don't know about Brennen, but if (Big IF) a player like Flacco or Henne fell to one of Denver's extra picks, I'd love it if Denver drafted him......Developed him and traded him.

I think Brennen would be a good backup though.

A free agent/practice squad player to keep in mind, Kevin O'Connell, who was doing pretty decent this year til he puked in the E/W Shrine game......
                        Last edited by stnzed; 01-27-2008, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                          I don't know about Brennen, but if (Big IF) a player like Flacco or Henne fell to one of Denver's extra picks, I'd love it if Denver drafted him......Developed him and traded him.

A free agent/practice squad player to keep in mind, Kevin O'Connell, who was doing pretty decent this year til he puked in the E/W Shrine game......
                          I'd be pretty pissed if we wasted a 2nd round pick on Flacco or Henne, which is likely where both of them will go.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post

Eek, dont say that. I know first hand, O'Connell is not a good QB. Went to all but one SDSU game this year, and half of them last year. Hes not very accurate, and he doesnt have a good arm. Maybe a practice squad player, but I cant picture any scenario in which he should be a starting QB

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Colt is too high maintenance, jusi doesn't have NFL talent. If I were go after a QB in the 7th rd. or an undrafted player, I would try for Taylor Tharp from Boise Sate. A better player to try and develope.

Comment

Working...
                              X