Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think denver needs to get better at?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • what do you think denver needs to get better at?

    This is an either or question. Does denver need to get better at substaining longer drives on offense (to help keep the defense on the side lines) or to improve the defense against the run in order to limit the opposing teams time of possession?

  • #2
    I know the answer is both need fixing, but I also believe which ever one you think needs it more is the direction we'll go with the 12th pick.

    Comment


    • #3
      Improving against the run on D, by miles.

      We're actually pretty good at sustaining long drives on Offense, it's turning these drives into TD's that we suck at.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tome of possesion on offense, not to mention scoring in the Damn red-zone;

        Solution:RB Jonathan Stewart!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I couldn't find any information on how many three and outs denver had this year, but did notice we only attempted 31 field goals. Which is about average. One thing I did notice was we had the ball for 29 min. a game and were on d for 31. We were horrible on 4th down going 7-22.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Punting position needs to be looked at.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm guessing there aren't any ray guys in this years draft

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by va broncos fan1 View Post
                This is an either or question. Does denver need to get better at substaining longer drives on offense (to help keep the defense on the side lines) or to improve the defense against the run in order to limit the opposing teams time of possession?

                both

                but our run defense is the bigger problem between the two. For the most part, we moved the ball between the 20s just fine. I don't recall too many "3 and outs" either. Redzone offense was a recurring problem though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  so if its a defensive problem, who is available with the 12th pick could help turn that around? DT LB S

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by va broncos fan1 View Post
                    so if its a defensive problem, who is available with the 12th pick could help turn that around? DT LB S
                    The trio of studs in my sig of course, Kentwan Balmer is another option (although I need to educate myself more on this young man).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      O-line
                      D-line
                      Safety play
                      Punt
                      ST coverage

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        O-line
                        D-line
                        Safety play
                        Punt
                        ST coverage
                        ST blocking on returns

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          not sure that any of those three will still be there. scouts inc. rate phillips at 7th, connors at 9th and rivers at11th. We may get lucky and one will still be there. Which of the three would you covet most? How would you change the defense if your guy was drafted?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by va broncos fan1 View Post
                            not sure that any of those three will still be there. scouts inc. rate phillips at 7th, connors at 9th and rivers at11th. We may get lucky and one will still be there. Which of the three would you covet most? How would you change the defense if your guy was drafted?
                            Out of the three I covet Phillips the most, and if I drafted him (which I would) I would put him at starting SS and move Hamza over to starting FS. If Lynch comes back, I'd put him in as a kind of 4th linebacker in nickel and dime packages. I'd bring back Ferguson as depth and as part of the punt and kick return coverages on special teams.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think phillips would upgrade our defense and the schemes we could run. leave bailey and bly one on one. (we played a lot of zone last year) and turn up the pressure with phillips in and out of the box.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X