Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dman444 View Post
    Bell was just resigned by the Dolphins, we won't get him. I don't see the advantage of cutting Bly, why get rid of a good second corner for a rookie? It just doesn't make sense. Bly gets a bad rap around here, but he is a good corner.
    I've been preaching it for the past 3 months. No one thinks logically.

Getting rid of a quality corner and then wasting a first round pick on a corner is not the answer and won't ever be the answer.

Corner isn't the most important position on defense, and corner isn't the reason that we finished 29th in the league on defense this year.

Bailey doesn't deserve to/won't be traded
    Bly doesn't derserve to/won't be cut

And we will build the front 7.

People are so spoiled to the fact that we have 2 quality corners. You remember back earlier in this decade when we had corners like Deltha O'Neal, Kelly Herndon, Lenny Walls, ROC ALEXANDER?

Sure, we ranked in the top 5 in defense a couple of those years, but that's because our players wrapped up and made the sure tackle, and the scheme simply didn't suck.

And more importantly... Lenny, Kelly, and Deltha surely weren't the reason our defense was feared back then. It was those 3 men in the heart of the group. The 3 men in the middle of the pack. It was 3 men by the names of Ian Gold, Al Wilson, and John Mobley. And then it was DJ Williams, Al Wilson, and Donnie Spraghan. Then it was DJ Williams, Al Wilson, and Ian Gold again.

But trickling down even more, it was ONE man. By the name of AL WILSON. That made our defense great. You remember in '03 when Gold and Mobley got hurt, and Sykes and Spraghan had to fill in and yet our LBs still got to the ball no matter where it was on the field? Al Wilson made everyone else around him better. That's why Ian Gold wasn't anything special after Al got cut(Although, Ian was better than people were giving him credit for), and that's why DJ was A LOT better in his rookie year/sophomore year than he has been since.

As soon as Al left, our defense went to crap. That ILB presence is the BIGGEST loss the Broncos have had to their team since John Elway(I'm being 100% honest in saying that. I truly and firmly believe that). And that brings me to the fact that we need a stud ILB. That brings me to the fact that our first round pick should not be used on anyone else other than Rey Maualuga.
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 02-13-2009, 01:58 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
      I've been preaching it for the past 3 months. No one thinks logically.

Getting rid of a quality corner and then wasting a first round pick on a corner is not the answer and won't ever be the answer.

Corner isn't the most important position on defense, and corner isn't the reason that we finished 29th in the league on defense this year.

Bailey doesn't deserve to/won't be traded
      Bly doesn't derserve to/won't be cut

And we will build the front 7.

People are so spoiled to the fact that we have 2 quality corners. You remember back earlier in this decade when we had corners like Deltha O'Neal, Kelly Herndon, Lenny Walls, ROC ALEXANDER?

Sure, we ranked in the top 5 in defense a couple of those years, but that's because our players wrapped up and made the sure tackle, and the scheme simply didn't suck.

And more importantly... Lenny, Kelly, and Deltha surely weren't the reason our defense was feared back then. It was those 3 men in the heart of the group. The 3 men in the middle of the pack. It was 3 men by the names of Ian Gold, Al Wilson, and John Mobley. And then it was DJ Williams, Al Wilson, and Donnie Spraghan. Then it was DJ Williams, Al Wilson, and Ian Gold again.

But trickling down even more, it was ONE man. By the name of AL WILSON. That made our defense great. You remember in '03 when Gold and Mobley got hurt, and Sykes and Spraghan had to fill in and yet our LBs still got to the ball no matter where it was on the field? Al Wilson made everyone else around him better. That's why Ian Gold wasn't anything special after Al got cut(Although, Ian was better than people were giving him credit for), and that's why DJ was A LOT better in his rookie year/sophomore year than he has been since.

As soon as Al left, our defense went to crap. That ILB presence is the BIGGEST loss the Broncos have had to their team since John Elway(I'm being 100% honest in saying that. I truly and firmly believe that). And that brings me to the fact that we need a stud ILB. That brings me to the fact that our first round pick should not be used on anyone else other than Rey Maualuga.
      I agree with you completely on all that except for maybe bringing in Rey. I'm not sold on him yet, but I won't be upset if we get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dman444 View Post
        I agree with you completely on all that except for maybe bringing in Rey. I'm not sold on him yet, but I won't be upset if we get him.
        Hey man, at least you agree with me on the fact that corner is pretty much the last thing we should worry about on defense right now.

If you don't want Rey, that's you're opinion. Totally respectable.

But these people saying get rid of Champ and Dre are nuts. Especially since all of them make mock drafts that include corners in the first 3 rounds.

Like, what sense does that make? Seriously...
        sigpic

Comment

• Anyone who says that Dre Bly is a Good CB is in denial!!!!

If you watch almost all of the games this last year he isn't worth his $9 million dollar contract that he is being paid!!!!

He's not much better than Foxworth who we let go.

The fact is Bly is in his declining and not worth the money he is making.

By trading down with Detroit , Denver would be able to get a good young CB and Ron Brace to anchor the NT position.

************************************************** ********************************************

I also checked and Yerimiah Bell HAS NOT RESIGNED WITH MIAMI. So until he does he is a FREE AGENT!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
            Anyone who says that Dre Bly is a Good CB is in denial!!!!

If you watch almost all of the games this last year he isn't worth his $9 million dollar contract that he is being paid!!!!

He's not much better than Foxworth who we let go.

The fact is Bly is in his declining and not worth the money he is making.

By trading down with Detroit , Denver would be able to get a good young CB and Ron Brace to anchor the NT position.

************************************************** ********************************************

I also checked and Yerimiah Bell HAS NOT RESIGNED WITH MIAMI. So until he does he is a FREE AGENT!!!!
            Dre Bly is a quality #2 corner. Actually a very good #2 corner.
            sigpic

Comment

• Besides the 1 INT against the Jets( a Brett Favre gift) I did not see Bly make many good plays at all.

He isn't worth the $9 Million paycheck he gets

or do you really believe that.

Let me give you a example.

3 Rey Lewis who has been one of the most dominant LB in NFL history is looking for a3year $25 million which about $8 million a year.

Dre Bly isn't worth it SORRY.

Champ is!!! He can do it all

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofansd View Post
                Besides the 1 INT against the Jets( a Brett Favre gift) I did not see Bly make many good plays at all.

He isn't worth the $9 Million paycheck he gets

or do you really believe that.

Let me give you a example.

3 Rey Lewis who has been one of the most dominant LB in NFL history is looking for a3year $25 million which about $8 million a year.

Dre Bly isn't worth it SORRY.

Champ is!!! He can do it all

I don't think anyone is saying that Bly is worth what he is getting paid. That said, Bly is not a terrible CB. Name me one CB nowadays that could have done well with an anemic rush like this! Champ didn't even do well when he came back. Bly is a good 2 and when you need more defense, you do not need to trade a good 2nd CB.
                Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• When I saw Darcel McBath with that 3rd round pick I actually got a shiver. McBath is no way worth a 3rd rounder when more than likely, Michael Hamlin will be there. Hamlin is a far better safety, effective against the run, and is a leader. McBath might be worth a 5th rounder, but not a 3rd.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X