Jonathan Stewart or Rashard Mendenhall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
    i wouldnt be upset if we got either but i dont think the team goes in that direction. if we get a back it will be after the 1st and choice is the best in the late rds. he ran over all over people at the senior bowl, and was by far the best back there. I actually like his size. and his 1 cut ability is great which is what our run game is all about.

again dont get me wrong, mendehall and stewart our beasts, but i think choice can also handle a hevay workload especially if he ends up sharing a few carries with selvin
    Choice is moving up and currently is graded as a 2nd - 3rd round pick, how is that different when defensive quality is better in the 2nd round? Take the halfback in the first, then get a defensive playmaker in the 2nd round...that at least makes sense! Hell, Forte will likely go in the 3rd now, what will be available at this time is risky fodder...might as well not draft a halfback and just sign free agent scraps once again!

Comment

Between the two, I'm leaning towards Mendenhall because of Stewart's injury concerns. Both sound like good prospects though.
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

I like mendenhall better. I love how he lets his blockers set up and hits the hole hard. He has great vision. He is a great combination of speed and strength, he always falls foward and he is strong enough to get the hard yards. He has enough speed to take it to the house. Reminds me a bit of portis, without the crazy costumes and attitude.
        Signature for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
          MUG i have to disagree with you on the Young part. I see Young going the same route as Bell. We play him get others to look at him then trade him off for a draft pick in the 2009 draft that will position us for a Great Defensive Player in the 2009 draft.

Also what Shanahan says will be a fade at best to make people look the other way. I mean he promoted Plummer in the end of the 2005 season but look who he drafted in the 2006 draft. You guessed it Jay Cutler. So he's pulling the same crap. Force people to think a certain way and juke them out come draft day. Witch leads me to why others see us drafting an OT or DT in these Mock Draft. Its because they see those as our needs.

I see either Stewart or Mendenhall being the long term workhorse with Hall as backup.

for the RB corps depth wise

Stewart or Mendenhall -S.Young - Backup A.Hall 2nd backup M.Bell
          J.Hester(FB) - C.Sapp

Maybe T.Henry as a FB if we can convert and make him restructure I can see us making Henry a pure FB and not Draft J.Hester (I doubt we'll be able to get Schmitt)

Then 2009 draft
          Trade S.Yong to X team for their X pick in the 2009 draft

Depth Chart heading into 2009

Stewart or Mendenhall - Backups A.Hall and M.Bell

FB. T.Henry- C.Sapp

You completely lost me after moving Henry to fullback. You really think a guy who is used to being a ball carrier and has been to this point.. a guy that could get cut and find SOME team and at worst be their number 2 back... is going to be happy BLOCKING for the rest of his career?

Doubt it.
          Bronco fan from Packer Land.
          Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
            So is health...something both Young and Henry have issues with!
            Well even with his health Lanc he managed to play 15 games... may not have always been alot... but he did. (Young that is)

I do think if we draft a back they are still gonna be giving Young carries, and I don't think it will be cuz we want to trade him off. NOW if someone offers us something or Young does something to Alienate us to him (as Bell did) then he will be gone... but I think as a backup Young brings alot to the table and would be a good way to give whoever the starter happens to be (Henry or whoever) a blow.
            Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
              You completely lost me after moving Henry to fullback. You really think a guy who is used to being a ball carrier and has been to this point.. a guy that could get cut and find SOME team and at worst be their number 2 back... is going to be happy BLOCKING for the rest of his career?

Doubt it.
              If he really wants to stay and prove he belongs here? Think about it this way, say he takes a paycut, we draft Mendenhall or Jones, then we impliment a two back scheme, he would still get carries basically as the number two back, but he would be asked to block a little more...is that really that bad? Sorry, but no team is going to give him more then a basic contract right now...and I think he would be a good fullback honestly...that is my opinion though!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                If he really wants to stay and prove he belongs here? Think about it this way, say he takes a paycut, we draft Mendenhall or Jones, then we impliment a two back scheme, he would still get carries basically as the number two back, but he would be asked to block a little more...is that really that bad? Sorry, but no team is going to give him more then a basic contract right now...and I think he would be a good fullback honestly...that is my opinion though!

Physically I think he could do it.

I doubt he would go for that though, even in a "two back" system.

I think when it all comes down to it if we try and move him to fullback he is going to tell Shanny get me outta here. He may not get much for money elsewhere but as a halfback elsewhere he would have a chance to earn some of his money back... as a fullback for us it aint gonna happen
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Don't care about Henry, he is a jerk and a joke!

But between Stewart and Mendenhall, I have to go with Mendenhall! Damn that boy is a beast, I am a huge Pac-10 fan and I saw Stewart several times and I only saw Mendenhall on T.V. and when I went to the Rose Bowl. And he is in my mind the best running back in the draft and that includes over Mr. McFadden too, homeboy reminds me of Thomlinson, he will be the best of all the backs in the draft. Since we can't get Ellis we should take Mendenhall, he is a better choice then Stewart, Jackson, Rivers or Baker, the only player I would take over him is Ellis. Plus I hope we draft DeCoud in the 2nd Rnd, he will be a solid safety for D-town.

Comment

Working...
                  X