Henry wants back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    I'd tried to repress the whole Clarett deal, dammit Cane!

Good comparison. I think you're right. Shannahan fought to help vindicate Henry's position... and while we obviously would've liked a more productive season... I think he gets a second chance.
    Repress the Clarett fiasco, you have a better chance to repress the Exon situation in Denver then that mess...lol. Come on, Trychon...that was hilarious, we basically as fans got manhandled with that pick and without the use of vaseline! Hahaha...I wish we had taken another back instead, maybe then we would not have wasted millions on Henry and this discussion would have never have come to be!

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      Nothing was said about Henry being back, more or less it sounded like his career here was done! If anything the Walker issue was more positive IMHO...I do not know how you got he would return, cause Shanahan mentioned TD, true halfbacks, tough runners who can score and how they are game changers and when asked about Henry, he sounded pissed off!

What he said was to mention that while Henry was healthy before his suspension issues, and injuries took their toll, he was the #1 back in the NFL last year.

Now that's kind of an irrelevant statistic isn't it? Henry was on pace to lead the NFL after 4 games. Then he was fighting suspension and injuries and didn't have a great year.

So, why mention that he started out strong? What good is that?

The answer is that Shanahan wants Henry back. He's looking for things to praise about him, instead of saying "well, he needs to stay healthy."

That tells me that Henry is likely to suit up for the Broncos in 2008. That and the fact that cutting Henry will cause a BIG salary cap hit that Shanahan doesn't need.
      sigpic

Comment

Could you imagine if we walked out of day one with four actual players? Rashard Mendenhall, Shaun Rogers, Earl Bennett and either Ali Highsmith, Phillip Wheeler, Dre Moore or DuJuan Morgan...the board would go nuts!
        i would lose all faith if shanny drafts rashard #1, it will just show that all he is thinking about is offense and that he is just going to try to have a patchwork defense again. If the broncos do draft stewart or mendenhall it will be pointless to watch games. We will score 30 and give up 40 every game.
        sigpic
        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
          i would lose all faith if shanny drafts rashard #1, it will just show that all he is thinking about is offense and that he is just going to try to have a patchwork defense again. If the broncos do draft stewart or mendenhall it will be pointless to watch games. We will score 30 and give up 40 every game.
          Opinions vary...especially since even our shotty defense last year gave up only an average of 21 points a game...your argument is moot, cause if we put up 30 points a game, even this past year we would have been 11-5!

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            What he said was to mention that while Henry was healthy before his suspension issues, and injuries took their toll, he was the #1 back in the NFL last year.

Now that's kind of an irrelevant statistic isn't it? Henry was on pace to lead the NFL after 4 games. Then he was fighting suspension and injuries and didn't have a great year.

So, why mention that he started out strong? What good is that?

The answer is that Shanahan wants Henry back. He's looking for things to praise about him, instead of saying "well, he needs to stay healthy."

That tells me that Henry is likely to suit up for the Broncos in 2008. That and the fact that cutting Henry will cause a BIG salary cap hit that Shanahan doesn't need.
            And you forgot to mention that it is the trend with Henry also, that in seven seasons and this is a fact, check if you wish...but in seven seasons he has only managed to stay healthy or away from drug infractions 'once' in that time span, I would say that falls in his favor, if he was a backup! So what he led the lead for four games...whoo, whoo! That really means we should keep him, but just to let you know it would not be the first time he started off good to leave his team holding their johnsons', that is as much a factor then any. So watch Cugel, it will be the same next year...I will guarantee that, want to know why? Because the one season he did actually stay healthy for was his second season in the league, only six damn years ago!

Let's fix the defense, I guarantee our run game will not get us anywhere and next year we can do this all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
              I'd tried to repress the whole Clarett deal, dammit Cane!
              me too and the worst part is we could have got marion barber
              Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan805 View Post
                me too and the worst part is we could have got marion barber
                Yep, then we would have never signed Henry and this argument would not be taking place, as I stated. But right now I will laugh at everyone Pro Henry, because this will happen again next year, and the year after that till Shanahan pulls the trigger and gets us a real halfback, but then again...I still think Henry is a goner, at least as a starter here.

Comment

Opinions vary...especially since even our shotty defense last year gave up only an average of 21 points a game...your argument is moot, cause if we put up 30 points a game, even this past year we would have been 11-5!

by leaving the defense the same we will only regress. Lynch will not play beyond this year seeing how hard it is for him to make up his mind this year. Gold and webster need to be replace sooner rather than later. The defense is where all alot of the age is and if the broncos dont bring in top talent now to replace the aging vets in the next 2 years the broncos will be set back another 3 years from being a contender. And the 30 to 40 thing was just me picking randon numbers trying to say that even if we can score we will be outscored every time if we draft offense in the first round.

If you want to bring in stats then you would see that the broncos gave up 26 while only scoring only 20 which gives a modest comparison to how bad our defense really was. We lost by and average of 10 points and were outscored by a total of 150 points in our losses. It will be much easier to fix the defense then by going along thinking we can match the high power afc offenses.

we allowed the lions to put up 44 points, the raider to put up 34 points and the texans 31. To me that doesnt show any type of defense at all not even solid or ok defense. The broncos had no defense last year but if the broncos bring in a few top young rookie defensive prospects at the very least we will have young talent to work with, and not just as backups but as starters next year.
                  sigpic
                  "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

I think as I usually tend to be I am fairly neutral on this. I could see why Shanny would keep him, but if he does I really do think it will have to be at a reduced salary...(like I said before if we keep him at his current salary we are nuts)

If we cut him though we save 6 mill in an option bonus I am fairly sure.... I know we take a hit but we save some money too.

I think when he is healthy he is an ok back, but no means do I think he can be a full time #1 typa back without any sort of platoon, or at least it doesn't look that way to me and I wouldn't do it as a coach. I think that IF he stays he will be the "starter" but split the carries with Young (who Shanny seems to really like but stated he won't be able to take that many carries)

If we do cut Henry I am starting to really feel like Mendenhall is the only back we would take in the first (unless McFadden falls but DOUBTFULL) at 12 and say "be the starter" and then only if Shanny falls for him like he said he felt about Maroney. (not us but Shanny) (also... I know this will be argued but Shanny was right on Maroney he is one of the better backs in the league when NE does run the ball...so Shanny can at least be a good judge of talent at RB I think)if he doesn't I think we will take some other sort of "power" back we can platoon with Young later in the draft like say Choice or Forte.

My 2 Cents right now
                    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                      by leaving the defense the same we will only regress. Lynch will not play beyond this year seeing how hard it is for him to make up his mind this year. Gold and webster need to be replace sooner rather than later. The defense is where all alot of the age is and if the broncos dont bring in top talent now to replace the aging vets in the next 2 years the broncos will be set back another 3 years from being a contender. And the 30 to 40 thing was just me picking randon numbers trying to say that even if we can score we will be outscored every time if we draft offense in the first round.

If you want to bring in stats then you would see that the broncos gave up 26 while only scoring only 20 which gives a modest comparison to how bad our defense really was. We lost by and average of 10 points and were outscored by a total of 150 points in our losses. It will be much easier to fix the defense then by going along thinking we can match the high power afc offenses.

we allowed the lions to put up 44 points, the raider to put up 34 points and the texans 31. To me that doesnt show any type of defense at all not even solid or ok defense. The broncos had no defense last year but if the broncos bring in a few top young rookie defensive prospects at the very least we will have young talent to work with, and not just as backups but as starters next year.
                      And how do we win against powerful offenses that even elite defenses could do little against? Huh...then we blame the defense more and not the inability to score? Fact is that you're a defensive fan, I can tell one a mile away...so nothing short of a top ten defense will make you happy, but just so you know the Chargers had the 16th overall defense and a top 5 offensive unit, so how did they whoop us so badly? Because we could not score, our offense though overall yards were okay was one of the worst in the scoring, and yes...I still think the defense needs help, but we can not ignore the offense or we will be right back here again next year...IMHO the best way to fix the defense is a soft step approach, trade the 12th overall pick for the 15th overall pick adding Shaun Rogers, then draft heavy offense on day one HB/WR/OL, then on day two add the best defensive players available, or use another day one pick on a safety or linebacker, but that shows balance, then where ever we are short next year would be priority and we likely would have fewer holes. Just cause the defense let us get lit up now and then does not mean they completely suck, I remember the year we went to the playoffs and to the AFCCG with Plummer, we had a great overall offense and a good overall defense, but we still had games where we were lit up by a superior offense...

Comment

Can we not talk about Maurice? Ted's blatant lies and disrespect to the fans regarding the situation makes me want to punch children.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                          Can we not talk about Maurice? Ted's blatant lies and disrespect to the fans regarding the situation makes me want to punch children.
                          and the idea that we passed on Barber due to "medical reasons" makes me want to kick puppies
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                            Hahaha...I see your not a fan of Ted 'I Lie, and suck at my job' Sundquist either!

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                              and the idea that we passed on Barber due to "medical reasons" makes me want to kick puppies
                              LMFAO...do not kick the puppies, kick a cat...they make better whinning noises when kicked...lol. (((Kidding)))

Comment

LMFAO...do not kick the puppies, kick a cat...they make better whinning noises when kicked...lol. (((Kidding)))

Something tells me we are going to read about Lanc gettin sent to hang with Ron Mexico for kicking cats
                                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                                X