Henry wants back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    Something tells me we are going to read about Lanc gettin sent to hang with Ron Mexico for kicking cats
    "Ron Mehico is a bad mofo"...lol. Naw, I would rather go hang with Henry so next time he starts smoking the green sticky I can say I was an eye witness...lmao, they can even test me so I can claim that like him it was second hand, maybe Henry should run for president - "I did not inhale it though!" LOL...okay I need to get off Henry, even if he can not stay off women, I have better self control...whoops, did I say that?

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
      And how do we win against powerful offenses that even elite defenses could do little against? Huh...then we blame the defense more and not the inability to score? Fact is that you're a defensive fan, I can tell one a mile away...so nothing short of a top ten defense will make you happy, but just so you know the Chargers had the 16th overall defense and a top 5 offensive unit, so how did they whoop us so badly? Because we could not score, our offense though overall yards were okay was one of the worst in the scoring, and yes...I still think the defense needs help, but we can not ignore the offense or we will be right back here again next year...IMHO the best way to fix the defense is a soft step approach, trade the 12th overall pick for the 15th overall pick adding Shaun Rogers, then draft heavy offense on day one HB/WR/OL, then on day two add the best defensive players available, or use another day one pick on a safety or linebacker, but that shows balance, then where ever we are short next year would be priority and we likely would have fewer holes. Just cause the defense let us get lit up now and then does not mean they completely suck, I remember the year we went to the playoffs and to the AFCCG with Plummer, we had a great overall offense and a good overall defense, but we still had games where we were lit up by a superior offense...
      then you dont know me.... im about balance... having a good core of players on both sides with more talent around them. And so your saying we should just let our defense stay horrible and try to make an offense that can keep up with the chargers patriots colts... im sorry that is not going to happen. No one will come close to being able to keep up with the patriots and colts in a shootout. They have two of the best qb's playing the game with the best WR in the game. Us drafting a RB is not going to help our chances of beating them. The only way to beat the colts and patriots is to get pressure on them and smash their offense in the mouth while we still are able to score a good amount of points. Our offense now can move the ball well just needs to work on the redzone offense that has beein a problem for a long time. Fix that then our offense is good and is a few pieces away from great. As for the defense we need to get safties that can cover DT that can stop the run LB's that can tackle. There is alot more problems on defense then on offense and if the defense does not get the players now the broncos have no chance next year. Mendenhall will not help us beat the patriots colts and chargers but a DT that can stop the run can along with a LB that can stop the run and a safety that can help cover and not leave it all to champ and bly can.
      sigpic
      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Henry should put his money where his mouth is. RESTRUCTURE baby! You get NO BONUS... You did nothing to earn it. If you want to return, then take the pay cut and we'll work out a cheap, incentive-laden contract where we place the carrot in front of the bunny rabbit!

I'm torn on this issue...

(1) It seems this is the year of the running back in this draft. So many talented ones... AND, with our 12th pick... we would have our pick of the litter. Basically, only Mcfadden will be off the table... That leaves Jones, Stewart, Mendenhall!

(2) Henry and Young could be enough for next year. I question their ability to pick up yards in the red zone, or in 3rd/4th and short situations... BUT, game-to-game they could provide enough of a running game to make us happy.

(3) We have so many holes... and only two day one picks. This would allow DEN to go in another direction in the first/second rounds.

(4) Being that this draft is so deep at the RB position. We could draft a RB in the later rounds... Hope for another TD... Use this RB as a KR... Which would allow DEN to Draft a WR, not a WR/PR type.

I think when it's all said and done, Shanny has a tough decision to make. Keep Walker and Henry? LEt one walk (which one). Seems like Henry wants in, while Walker wants out... Both have injury issues. Both are boom or bust. Could really help the offense, or could be on the IR?

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
          then you dont know me.... im about balance... having a good core of players on both sides with more talent around them. And so your saying we should just let our defense stay horrible and try to make an offense that can keep up with the chargers patriots colts... im sorry that is not going to happen. No one will come close to being able to keep up with the patriots and colts in a shootout. They have two of the best qb's playing the game with the best WR in the game. Us drafting a RB is not going to help our chances of beating them. The only way to beat the colts and patriots is to get pressure on them and smash their offense in the mouth while we still are able to score a good amount of points. Our offense now can move the ball well just needs to work on the redzone offense that has beein a problem for a long time. Fix that then our offense is good and is a few pieces away from great. As for the defense we need to get safties that can cover DT that can stop the run LB's that can tackle. There is alot more problems on defense then on offense and if the defense does not get the players now the broncos have no chance next year. Mendenhall will not help us beat the patriots colts and chargers but a DT that can stop the run can along with a LB that can stop the run and a safety that can help cover and not leave it all to champ and bly can.

Top Defenses take time before they become the top teir Defenses. The last top Defense to win a SuperBowl was... uh 2001 I believe and that was the Ravens.

Last year the Colts steamed rolled over one of the Most talented Defenses in the NFL. I see where the best defense got them .
          While the Bears try to build up their offense their defense will slide, Such is the habits of those who think more of the Defensive side the the offensive side.

Its a proven system that no matter how Big, Strong impenetrable defense, there will always be someone that can Decimate it.

"sir we've been studying the Rebels attack pattern theres a problem."
          "A problem in our moment of triumph"
          (few seconds later Death Star Blows up)
          "Yeahhhoooooo Great Shot Kid thats one in a million!"

The Colts while being still competitive were able to build a strong offense and able to tweak the defense into a strong contender. I cannot see why we cant do the same thing.

It would be foolhearty if we keep thinking we'll find another Davis in the later rounds. I said somewhere before, if we keep taking scrub backs, no matter how well we do on the Defensive side of the ball, with the in-effectiveness of our Offensive run game to score will lead us to keep going into neutral.

Theres a reason why they compare Cutler's Slinger Mentality to Frave's. Also look what a run game did for Farve, it make sure to take pressure off of him so he can work at a steady pace without forcing the ball into problem areas. Even tho both QB's could do it 5 out of 10 those triple coverage shots will end up in Ints.

THis year we fix the Offense, get Depth wise on the defense then next year we fill those final gaps on the Defensive side.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            Henry should put his money where his mouth is. RESTRUCTURE baby! You get NO BONUS... You did nothing to earn it. If you want to return, then take the pay cut and we'll work out a cheap, incentive-laden contract where we place the carrot in front of the bunny rabbit!

(1) It seems this is the year of the running back in this draft. So many talented ones... AND, with our 12th pick... we would have our pick of the litter. Basically, only Mcfadden will be off the table... That leaves Jones, Stewart, Mendenhall!

(2) Henry and Young could be enough for next year. I question their ability to pick up yards in the red zone, or in 3rd/4th and short situations... BUT, game-to-game they could provide enough of a running game to make us happy.

(3) We have so many holes... and only two day one picks. This would allow DEN to go in another direction in the first/second rounds.

(4) Being that this draft is so deep at the RB position. We could draft a RB in the later rounds... Hope for another TD... Use this RB as a KR... Which would allow DEN to Draft a WR, not a WR/PR type.

I think when it's all said and done, Shanny has a tough decision to make. Keep Walker and Henry? LEt one walk (which one). Seems like Henry wants in, while Walker wants out... Both have injury issues. Both are boom or bust. Could really help the offense, or could be on the IR?
            I think I'd lean more towards keeping Henry rather Walker given the choice at this point. Like you pointed out, Henry wants to be here but Javon doesn't. We don't need the potential distraction of Javon holding out in TC demanding a trade, so if he continues to be a problem, get rid of him. Get rid of him before he becomes a major distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

Your on the right track with your first thought, We have the pick of the litter with the best RB at number 12 and sliding down to the value of that RB gives us an very good option to get a 3rd round pick as well.

I think we'll keep Henry at a smaller price and tell him, if he wants in then to be a fullback and show that he belongs out there by either carrying the rock with our new RB, lead blocking or pass protection.

I think without a doubt we'll ship off walker and bring in a WR, with Cutler saying he wants someone else. not in those words but by his vouching for his old Receiver in Earl Bennett has sent some ripples that Jay has lost all if not most of his confidence in Javon.

With this years draft being 50/50 (starters and depth) for DT, ILB and Safety. It would be full hearty to pull the trigger at number 12 those positions. As 2009 draft seems more of the Defense latent draft witch will by far eclipse this draft when it comes to DT's ILB and Safety.
              McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Working...
              X