Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRaft Game: 8 picks, 7 positions... You Decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRaft Game: 8 picks, 7 positions... You Decide!

RIGHT NOW... Denver has 8 picks in this year's draft. I expect that to change (Broncos will likely add a pick or two)...

NOW... I think the philosophy of the 2005 & 2007 drafts don't apply to this year... DEN will not load up on one position of need, select multiple players and hope one pans out.

I think w/ Shanny's newfound focus to rebuild this thing through the draft and w/ the fact this team has many holes... I've identified 7 positions of urgent need: OT, DT, LB, S, WR, RB, P.

Of course, inherent in either the RB or WR selection will be an emphasis on a person w/ KR/PR potential.

SO... here's the game. We have 8 picks and 7 positions of need. I'm looking for you to make a selection for each of the 7 positions and then you get one wild card (??) pick...

ALSO, keep in mind that you cannot select Ellis, Mcafadden, Connor, Phillips... as your first 4 picks!

I want you to list the positions in actual draft order... one through eight. You must take into account where a player is projected to go. You have some flexibility here... For example, since DEN has a high second round pick... you can hope someone slips to the second... Same as the third... BUT WITHIN REASON!

What you cannot do is take a Phillips or Mendenhall in the 2nd nor a Mayo or Henderson in the 4th... Basically, you have a little room to fudge (hope) the truth... a player might slip a round... Of course, a guy like Ellis, Long etc aint doing that... AND, you cannot make trades.

Here's My example:

OT- Chris Williams
    LB- Curtis Lofton
    DT- Frank Okam
    FS- Josh Barret
    WR- Adrian Arrington
    (??)- Jehuu Caulcrick (FB)
    RB- BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    P- Mike Dragosavich

THIS website helps: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008PU.php

It gives you prospects and projected rounds... You must adhere to their projections... although if you graba guy in the 4th projected to go in the third... You are allowed ONE such pick. BUT... this rule does not apply to DAY ONE picks.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM.

It doesn't really feel like my decisions.

Kenny Phillips
    Anthony Collins
    Justin Forsett
    Jordan Dizon
    Dexter Jackson
    Jehuu Caulcrick
    Jason Shirley
    Mike Dragosavich
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      RIGHT NOW... Denver has 8 picks in this year's draft. I expect that to change (Broncos will likely add a pick or two)...

NOW... I think the philosophy of the 2005 & 2007 drafts don't apply to this year... DEN will not load up on one position of need, select multiple players and hope one pans out.

I think w/ Shanny's newfound focus to rebuild this thing through the draft and w/ the fact this team has many holes... I've identified 7 positions of urgent need: OT, DT, LB, S, WR, RB, P.

Of course, inherent in either the RB or WR selection will be an emphasis on a person w/ KR/PR potential.

SO... here's the game. We have 8 picks and 7 positions of need. I'm looking for you to make a selection for each of the 7 positions and then you get one wild card (??) pick...

ALSO, keep in mind that you cannot select Ellis, Mcafadden, Connor, Phillips... as your first 4 picks!

I want you to list the positions in actual draft order... one through eight. You must take into account where a player is projected to go. You have some flexibility here... For example, since DEN has a high second round pick... you can hope someone slips to the second... Same as the third... BUT WITHIN REASON!

What you cannot do is take a Phillips or Mendenhall in the 2nd nor a Mayo or Henderson in the 4th... Basically, you have a little room to fudge (hope) the truth... a player might slip a round... Of course, a guy like Ellis, Long etc aint doing that... AND, you cannot make trades.

Here's My example:

OT- Chris Williams
      LB- Curtis Lofton
      DT- Frank Okam
      FS- Josh Barret
      WR- Adrian Arrington
      (??)- Jehuu Caulcrick (FB)
      RB- BenJarvus Green-Ellis
      P- Mike Dragosavich

THIS website helps: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008PU.php

It gives you prospects and projected rounds... You must adhere to their projections... although if you graba guy in the 4th projected to go in the third... You are allowed ONE such pick. BUT... this rule does not apply to DAY ONE picks.
      round 1 kenny phillips S
      round 2 frank okam DT
      round 4 owen schmitt FB
      round 4 ezra butler LB
      round 5 king dunlop OT
      round 5 marcus monk WR
      round 7 devon bess WR
      round 7 Mike Dragosavich P

Comment

I don't like WaltersFootball, so I'll do my own evaluating, but I'll probably be very close anyway. The game sounds fun though, so I'll play.

1. RB Jonathan Stewart
        2. DT Pat Sims
        4. OT Duane Brown
        4. WR Jordy Nelson
        5. FB Peyton Hillis
        5. LB Jordan Dizon
        7. P Ken DeBauche
        7. SS Tierre Green

Tell me if any of my guys are off.

Comment

PERFECT... Just what I'm looking for. Just a little fun... AND, although I feel DEN wont draft a guy they have rated lower on their board than another guy... just b/c of the position... I do feel if all is equal... DEN will take a guy at a position they feel is thinner. Meaning... If DEN feels they can grab a LB, FS, WR in rounds 4-5... better than a OT, DT... they might draft the OT/DT earlier and "wait" for a LB, FS, WR type. You know?

Basically, if they like a RB/LB/OT in round one... but feel there are good enough LB/RB types in rounds 2,4,5... and all things are equal... this depth or lack thereof might ultimately decide whom we select.

SO... just to have fun... I want to see what positions should be addressed first, second and so on... And, what type of quality (value) player we can expect in the latter rounds.

Comment

1. Chris Williams - OT
            2. Tashard Choice - RB
            3. Frank Okam - DT
            4. Jordy Nelson - WR
            5. Jacob Hester - FB
            6. Dominique Barber - FS
            7. Jordan Dizon - LB
            8. Mike Dragosavich - P
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Read my signature. It fits your game.

Comment

I heard this the other day and I think that is applies. " You never pass up on an elite player, even if it's not at a need position." I think that Denver will target 4 players at 12, one or two will be hopes and prayers that they fall. If all are gone, I see Denver trading down. I want to see us draft at least one or two impact guys.
                Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

My signature fits your game
                  Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OT Joff Otah or Chris Williams with the 12th pick
                    DT Dre Moore in the 2nd
                    OLB Bruce Davis in the 4th
                    SS Caleb Campbell in the 4th
                    OLB Curtis Greenwood in the 5th
                    OG Andre Bain in the 5th
                    RB Keon Lattimore in the 7th
                    Best punter available with the last pick
                    Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
                    Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

I'll just wing it, here goes nothing!!!

RD 1. RB Jonathan Stewart

RD 2. LB Ali Highsmith

RD 4. DT Frank Okam

RD 4. S Marcus Griffin

RD 5. OT Duane Brown

RD 5. WR/KR Dexter Jackson

RD 7. P Mike Dragosavich

RD 7. A Fullback of some sorts

P.S. Okam will fall to the 4th!

Comment

round 1 - Rashard Mendenhall(RB/HB)

Round 2 - Oneal Cousins UTEP(OT/OG)

Round 4 - DJ Packer (FS/CB)

Round 4 - DeMario Pressley (DT)

Round 5- Kory Lichtensteiger (C)

Round 5- Kevin Robinson (WR/KR/CB)

Round 7- Thomas Willams (OLB/FB)

Round 7- Orlando ScanDrick (CB/KR/ST)

Round 7-UFA- Ken DeBauche P

here are my choices, and I added an UFA since we can still pick up a punter even if they dont grade to be in the draft.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Ok here is mine.

1. Kenny Phillips
                          2. Ali Highsmith
                          3. Duane Brown
                          4. Eddie Royal
                          5. Jordan Dizon
                          6. Owen Schmitt/Peyton Hill
                          7. best o-lineman
                          8. best punter

Comment

Alright, I will have a go at this.

1: Trevor Laws (Yea I am going to get a lot of lip from you guys for taking him
                            in the first round, but to me he is a high second round pick so
                            we trade down and reach)
                            However, for the purpose of this game, my pick is...
                            Pat Sims, Auburn (especially if he can really get his 40 time below 5
                            seconds in the combine)

2: Craig Steltz

4a: Shawn Crable

4b. Duane Brown, Virginia Tech

5a. Xavier Omon, NW Mississippi State (Was not on WalterFootball but I think he
                            will be there in the fifth
                            5b. William Franklin, Missiouri (WalterFootball said his 40 might put him into the
                            first day)
                            Alternate: Marcus Henry, Kansas

7a. Jordan Dizon, Colorado (I think he will be long gone by here)
                            Alternate: Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers (He is my 6th round faller)

7b. Benjamin Dato, Fordham (wasn't even on WalterFootball)

Comment

Round #1 Rashard Mendenhall RB/Illinois
                              Round #2 Oniel Cousins OT/Utep
                              Round #4 Earl Bennett WR/Vanderbilt
                              Round #4 Pat Sims DT/Auburn
                              Round #5 Alvin Bowen LB/Iowa St.
                              Round #5 Joe Fields S/Syracuse
                              Round #7 Jerome Felton FB/Furman
                              Round #7 Ken Debauche P/Wisconsin

Undrafted Dorien Bryant WR/KR Purdue

Comment

Working...