Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRaft Game: 8 picks, 7 positions... You Decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony
    replied
    Round #1 Rashard Mendenhall RB/Illinois
    Round #2 Oniel Cousins OT/Utep
    Round #4 Earl Bennett WR/Vanderbilt
    Round #4 Pat Sims DT/Auburn
    Round #5 Alvin Bowen LB/Iowa St.
    Round #5 Joe Fields S/Syracuse
    Round #7 Jerome Felton FB/Furman
    Round #7 Ken Debauche P/Wisconsin

Undrafted Dorien Bryant WR/KR Purdue

Leave a comment:

• foolio2000
    replied
    Alright, I will have a go at this.

1: Trevor Laws (Yea I am going to get a lot of lip from you guys for taking him
    in the first round, but to me he is a high second round pick so
    we trade down and reach)
    However, for the purpose of this game, my pick is...
    Pat Sims, Auburn (especially if he can really get his 40 time below 5
    seconds in the combine)

2: Craig Steltz

4a: Shawn Crable

4b. Duane Brown, Virginia Tech

5a. Xavier Omon, NW Mississippi State (Was not on WalterFootball but I think he
    will be there in the fifth
    5b. William Franklin, Missiouri (WalterFootball said his 40 might put him into the
    first day)
    Alternate: Marcus Henry, Kansas

7a. Jordan Dizon, Colorado (I think he will be long gone by here)
    Alternate: Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers (He is my 6th round faller)

7b. Benjamin Dato, Fordham (wasn't even on WalterFootball)

Leave a comment:

• RIPTaylor21
    replied
    Ok here is mine.

1. Kenny Phillips
    2. Ali Highsmith
    3. Duane Brown
    4. Eddie Royal
    5. Jordan Dizon
    6. Owen Schmitt/Peyton Hill
    7. best o-lineman
    8. best punter

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    round 1 - Rashard Mendenhall(RB/HB)

Round 2 - Oneal Cousins UTEP(OT/OG)

Round 4 - DJ Packer (FS/CB)

Round 4 - DeMario Pressley (DT)

Round 5- Kory Lichtensteiger (C)

Round 5- Kevin Robinson (WR/KR/CB)

Round 7- Thomas Willams (OLB/FB)

Round 7- Orlando ScanDrick (CB/KR/ST)

Round 7-UFA- Ken DeBauche P

here are my choices, and I added an UFA since we can still pick up a punter even if they dont grade to be in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I'll just wing it, here goes nothing!!!

RD 1. RB Jonathan Stewart

RD 2. LB Ali Highsmith

RD 4. DT Frank Okam

RD 4. S Marcus Griffin

RD 5. OT Duane Brown

RD 5. WR/KR Dexter Jackson

RD 7. P Mike Dragosavich

RD 7. A Fullback of some sorts

P.S. Okam will fall to the 4th!

Leave a comment:

• broncsfan21
    replied
    OT Joff Otah or Chris Williams with the 12th pick
    DT Dre Moore in the 2nd
    OLB Bruce Davis in the 4th
    SS Caleb Campbell in the 4th
    OLB Curtis Greenwood in the 5th
    OG Andre Bain in the 5th
    RB Keon Lattimore in the 7th
    Best punter available with the last pick

Leave a comment:

• denver30
    replied
    My signature fits your game

Leave a comment:

• no-pseudo-fan
    replied
    I heard this the other day and I think that is applies. " You never pass up on an elite player, even if it's not at a need position." I think that Denver will target 4 players at 12, one or two will be hopes and prayers that they fall. If all are gone, I see Denver trading down. I want to see us draft at least one or two impact guys.

Leave a comment:

• SethGrandpa
    replied
    Read my signature. It fits your game.

Leave a comment:

• AC1
    replied
    1. Chris Williams - OT
    2. Tashard Choice - RB
    3. Frank Okam - DT
    4. Jordy Nelson - WR
    5. Jacob Hester - FB
    6. Dominique Barber - FS
    7. Jordan Dizon - LB
    8. Mike Dragosavich - P

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    PERFECT... Just what I'm looking for. Just a little fun... AND, although I feel DEN wont draft a guy they have rated lower on their board than another guy... just b/c of the position... I do feel if all is equal... DEN will take a guy at a position they feel is thinner. Meaning... If DEN feels they can grab a LB, FS, WR in rounds 4-5... better than a OT, DT... they might draft the OT/DT earlier and "wait" for a LB, FS, WR type. You know?

Basically, if they like a RB/LB/OT in round one... but feel there are good enough LB/RB types in rounds 2,4,5... and all things are equal... this depth or lack thereof might ultimately decide whom we select.

SO... just to have fun... I want to see what positions should be addressed first, second and so on... And, what type of quality (value) player we can expect in the latter rounds.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    I don't like WaltersFootball, so I'll do my own evaluating, but I'll probably be very close anyway. The game sounds fun though, so I'll play.

1. RB Jonathan Stewart
    2. DT Pat Sims
    4. OT Duane Brown
    4. WR Jordy Nelson
    5. FB Peyton Hillis
    5. LB Jordan Dizon
    7. P Ken DeBauche
    7. SS Tierre Green

Tell me if any of my guys are off.

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    RIGHT NOW... Denver has 8 picks in this year's draft. I expect that to change (Broncos will likely add a pick or two)...

NOW... I think the philosophy of the 2005 & 2007 drafts don't apply to this year... DEN will not load up on one position of need, select multiple players and hope one pans out.

I think w/ Shanny's newfound focus to rebuild this thing through the draft and w/ the fact this team has many holes... I've identified 7 positions of urgent need: OT, DT, LB, S, WR, RB, P.

Of course, inherent in either the RB or WR selection will be an emphasis on a person w/ KR/PR potential.

SO... here's the game. We have 8 picks and 7 positions of need. I'm looking for you to make a selection for each of the 7 positions and then you get one wild card (??) pick...

ALSO, keep in mind that you cannot select Ellis, Mcafadden, Connor, Phillips... as your first 4 picks!

I want you to list the positions in actual draft order... one through eight. You must take into account where a player is projected to go. You have some flexibility here... For example, since DEN has a high second round pick... you can hope someone slips to the second... Same as the third... BUT WITHIN REASON!

What you cannot do is take a Phillips or Mendenhall in the 2nd nor a Mayo or Henderson in the 4th... Basically, you have a little room to fudge (hope) the truth... a player might slip a round... Of course, a guy like Ellis, Long etc aint doing that... AND, you cannot make trades.

Here's My example:

OT- Chris Williams
    LB- Curtis Lofton
    DT- Frank Okam
    FS- Josh Barret
    WR- Adrian Arrington
    (??)- Jehuu Caulcrick (FB)
    RB- BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    P- Mike Dragosavich

THIS website helps: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008PU.php

It gives you prospects and projected rounds... You must adhere to their projections... although if you graba guy in the 4th projected to go in the third... You are allowed ONE such pick. BUT... this rule does not apply to DAY ONE picks.
    round 1 kenny phillips S
    round 2 frank okam DT
    round 4 owen schmitt FB
    round 4 ezra butler LB
    round 5 king dunlop OT
    round 5 marcus monk WR
    round 7 devon bess WR
    round 7 Mike Dragosavich P

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    It doesn't really feel like my decisions.

Kenny Phillips
    Anthony Collins
    Justin Forsett
    Jordan Dizon
    Dexter Jackson
    Jehuu Caulcrick
    Jason Shirley
    Mike Dragosavich
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-29-2008, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    started a topic DRaft Game: 8 picks, 7 positions... You Decide!

DRaft Game: 8 picks, 7 positions... You Decide!

RIGHT NOW... Denver has 8 picks in this year's draft. I expect that to change (Broncos will likely add a pick or two)...

NOW... I think the philosophy of the 2005 & 2007 drafts don't apply to this year... DEN will not load up on one position of need, select multiple players and hope one pans out.

I think w/ Shanny's newfound focus to rebuild this thing through the draft and w/ the fact this team has many holes... I've identified 7 positions of urgent need: OT, DT, LB, S, WR, RB, P.

Of course, inherent in either the RB or WR selection will be an emphasis on a person w/ KR/PR potential.

SO... here's the game. We have 8 picks and 7 positions of need. I'm looking for you to make a selection for each of the 7 positions and then you get one wild card (??) pick...

ALSO, keep in mind that you cannot select Ellis, Mcafadden, Connor, Phillips... as your first 4 picks!

I want you to list the positions in actual draft order... one through eight. You must take into account where a player is projected to go. You have some flexibility here... For example, since DEN has a high second round pick... you can hope someone slips to the second... Same as the third... BUT WITHIN REASON!

What you cannot do is take a Phillips or Mendenhall in the 2nd nor a Mayo or Henderson in the 4th... Basically, you have a little room to fudge (hope) the truth... a player might slip a round... Of course, a guy like Ellis, Long etc aint doing that... AND, you cannot make trades.

Here's My example:

OT- Chris Williams
    LB- Curtis Lofton
    DT- Frank Okam
    FS- Josh Barret
    WR- Adrian Arrington
    (??)- Jehuu Caulcrick (FB)
    RB- BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    P- Mike Dragosavich

THIS website helps: http://walterfootball.com/draft2008PU.php

It gives you prospects and projected rounds... You must adhere to their projections... although if you graba guy in the 4th projected to go in the third... You are allowed ONE such pick. BUT... this rule does not apply to DAY ONE picks.
    Last edited by fraguela09; 01-29-2008, 02:57 PM.
Working...
X