Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    stewarts already run a 4.35
    once i see it official i will believe it. Most likely he ran that speed on a track not on grass with cleats.
    sigpic
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Stewart will run in the low 4.4 to the high 4.5 range, similar to what Marshawn Lynch ran last year (4.47 I believe it was).

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
        once i see it official i will believe it. Most likely he ran that speed on a track not on grass with cleats.
        The official time isn't made on grass either.

Just to let you know. I still think Mendenhall is better.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500 View Post
          Lancane whats your Opinion on the top OT prospects of this draft? Do you think Clady would have a bigger impact than Mendenhall, Stewart & Jones. I feel that Clady would improve our O-line in not just run blocking, but also pass blocking. If we ever hope to have Cutler dropping back without fear of dying then we need to get a LT that can do both. If Clady is on the board would you take him over Mendenhall or would you try to get a LT in the 2nd round or later?
          As for offensive tackles, Clady is a great prospect...however he is raw, he is not as quick as other tackles who may be better fits in the zone blocking system who are available later in the draft, and the other problem could be the fact that even though Boise St. is a resputable college, they have a very weak schedule and play teams which are not known to develop powerful defensive lineman. He is really depending on the combine to keep his position right now IMHO, because if Baker and especially Williams better their numbers and have powerful combine showings...we could see Clady fall out of the top 15. If you want to know who I think are the better fits for Denver's offense I can tell you right now Jake Long would have been the best addition, unfortunatley we will not get close to getting him, Williams could be a good addition but I think he will take longer to develop into the system then others on my list, Baker who is falling would be a good fit but he also has some flags and concerns, Cherilus is a great fit but most analysts agree he will be a right tackle in the NFL, Nicks would have been a good fit but I hear he has added near 11lbs. in weight and soon could be the second (large) tackle in the draft with Otah!

Now we get to tackles in the 2nd Round and on who I feel are better fits then Clady, Williams, Baker and who will likely fit better in our scheme - Anthony Collins, Oniel Cousins, Tony Hills, Kirk Barton and Duane Brown. As far as 5th round on...some tackles who may just end up being steals or gems are Carlton Medder, Michael McGlynn, David Hale, Charles Manu and Akim Millington.

Comment

It looks like more and more of the internet mock drafts don't see the Broncos taking a RB. Here is what the sports Guru has complied so far.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=110036

Look at post #4 for first and second round mock drafts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
              It looks like more and more of the internet mock drafts don't see the Broncos taking a RB. Here is what the sports Guru has complied so far.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=110036

Look at post #4 for first and second round mock drafts.
              How many mocks had us taking Jay Cutler?

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
                How many mocks had us taking Jay Cutler?
                I would guess not very many.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                  I would guess not very many.
                  Exactly!

And in the past six drafts the only pick which has been picked by more then one to a few draftniks was Moss last year...so the fact they do not even pick all that well when it comes to the Broncos really gives them little credit when it comes to us...and Shanahan likes it that way.
                  Last edited by lancane; 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X