I know alot of people what a 1st rd Rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know alot of people what a 1st rd Rb

and I saw an interesting draft possibility. Comments???

1. Miami – Glenn Dorsey (DT)
    2. St. Louis – Chris Long (DE)
    3. Atlanta – Jake Long (T)
    4. Oakland – Sedrick Ellis (DT)
    5. Kansas City – Ryan Clady (T)
    6. N.Y. Jets - Vernon Gholston (DE)
    7. New England – Mike Jenkins (CB) ---- who knows maybe this pick gets forfeited too
    8. Baltimore – Matt Ryan (QB)
    9. Cincinnati –Dan Connor (ILB)
    10. New Orleans – Kenny Phillips (FS)
    11. Buffalo – Malcolm Kelly (WR)
    12. Denver –Darren McFadden (RB)

If he gets past NYJ then he could really fall, assuming no trade.

In that scenario Cincy takes him IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
      In that scenario Cincy takes him IMO
      And then he becomes a guaranteed bust...they ruin halfback careers IMHO...lol.

Comment

If something happens where it is possible get Ellis I want him, but I wouldn't be upset with an RB or LB in the first. I am almost positive the Cowboys would trade up for him though.
        sigpic
        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
          If something happens where it is possible get Ellis I want him, but I wouldn't be upset with an RB or LB in the first. I am almost positive the Cowboys would trade up for him though.
          I'd like to see Denver trade that pick to the Cowboys and get their '09 1st rounder out of it.

Denver gets: #22 and Dallas '09 1st rounder
          Dallas gets: #12

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            I'd like to see Denver trade that pick to the Cowboys and get their '09 1st rounder out of it.

That'd be awesome, Jerry Jones would do it too.
            sigpic
            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

If D.Mac falls to us I bet we trade a king's ransom to the Cowboys or take him.

Either that or someone will trade up above us or something, after the Jet's we are really the only team that has a real sort of need... unless some team between us and NY just goes BPA then he is gone.

It isn't as unlikely as it seems... though still not probable.
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

id rather have stewart or mendenhall. i dont like mcfadden and dont think he was that impressive
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

I think if anything we should trade down and grab Stewart RB Oregon because even without Dixon (went down with three games left four including thier bowl game) he found room to run and try to keep Oregon in games. While Mendenhall though has a great season but when it came to the big game except for a few runs he was totally stuffed. I personally think he has the best vision of the three including McFadden which could really be something great with our zone.
                  Season ticket holder since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post

I would love to see this happen and then I think we could even wind up getting stewart at this position.

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                      id rather have stewart or mendenhall. i dont like mcfadden and dont think he was that impressive
                      I think Mcfadden has the superstar potential, he is going to have to be on the right team though(denver) I just hope the teams ahead of us start thinking that way also and he drops to us. Stewert and Mendenhall will be good solid backs, but nothing special. Mcfadden can be another adrian peterson and some say better, but your welcome to your opinon and who knows, there have been other "cant miss" guys in the draft that has miss completly, but I dont think mcfadden will be one of them, unless he goes to the Faiders
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
                        I think Mcfadden has the superstar potential, he is going to have to be on the right team though(denver) I just hope the teams ahead of us start thinking that way also and he drops to us. Stewert and Mendenhall will be good solid backs, but nothing special. Mcfadden can be another adrian peterson and some say better, but your welcome to your opinon and who knows, there have been other "cant miss" guys in the draft that has miss completly, but I dont think mcfadden will be one of them, unless he goes to the Faiders

McFadden is a speed rusher, pure and simple. He does not have enough power to be good in the NFL. Also, he did not have a good yards per carry average if you take away the runs he went untouched to the endzone on. I think he will be a bust because he will not live up to his hype. Stewart is a perfect balence of power and speed, while Mendenhall has great speed and elusiveness. Both will be great backs.
                        Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
                          McFadden is a speed rusher, pure and simple. He does not have enough power to be good in the NFL. Also, he did not have a good yards per carry average if you take away the runs he went untouched to the endzone on. I think he will be a bust because he will not live up to his hype. Stewart is a perfect balence of power and speed, while Mendenhall has great speed and elusiveness. Both will be great backs.
                          I dont know, you are kind of alone in your thinking, and you cant take away his long runs because they were his runs, thats part of it, but like I said who really knows at this point, even if mcfadden does not pan out I still think mendenhall and stewert are solid but not great backs. I would take Mcfadden over anyone in the draft , I think he is going to be unreal and if he got on Denver somehow, wow that would be unreal
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                            and I saw an interesting draft possibility. Comments???

1. Miami – Glenn Dorsey (DT)
                            2. St. Louis – Chris Long (DE)
                            3. Atlanta – Jake Long (T)
                            4. Oakland – Sedrick Ellis (DT)
                            5. Kansas City – Ryan Clady (T)
                            6. N.Y. Jets - Vernon Gholston (DE)
                            7. New England – Mike Jenkins (CB) ---- who knows maybe this pick gets forfeited too
                            8. Baltimore – Matt Ryan (QB)
                            9. Cincinnati –Dan Connor (ILB)
                            10. New Orleans – Kenny Phillips (FS)
                            11. Buffalo – Malcolm Kelly (WR)
                            12. Denver –Darren McFadden (RB)

If he gets past NYJ then he could really fall, assuming no trade.
                            If McFadden falls to #9 he won't fall any farther. That would be a similar scenario to the Vikings taking Adrian Peterson after he fell out of the top 5.

I also don't think Kenny Phillips is going to be a top 10 draft pick either. He's apparently fallen way down the board into the bottom of the first round (#25 on Mel's chart for instance).

Another factor is that GMs are now painfully aware that letting Peterson slide all the way to the Vikings was a mistake. They might be more careful not to let McFadden slide this year as a consequence.

So, as nice as that fantasy is, it's not very likely.
                            sigpic

Comment

pretty sure if that happened someone would trade up into a spot before we drafted.

Comment

Working...
                              X