I know alot of people what a 1st rd Rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
    I dont know, you are kind of alone in your thinking, and you cant take away his long runs because they were his runs, thats part of it, but like I said who really knows at this point, even if mcfadden does not pan out I still think mendenhall and stewert are solid but not great backs. I would take Mcfadden over anyone in the draft , I think he is going to be unreal and if he got on Denver somehow, wow that would be unreal
    Obviously you will not be persuaded. However, there is one more point I forgot to mention. McFadden had most of his big runs out of the Wildhog formation (with McFadden and QB). This is something that he cannot pull in the pros and I never saw him have a big run out of a normal formation. All these reasons make McFadden over-rated
    Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
      Obviously you will not be persuaded. However, there is one more point I forgot to mention. McFadden had most of his big runs out of the Wildhog formation (with McFadden and QB). This is something that he cannot pull in the pros and I never saw him have a big run out of a normal formation. All these reasons make McFadden over-rated

Good catch Denver30,

That kind of play are very unlikely in the NFL, like a once in a blue moon type deal, and not very common. I hope McFadden keeps being over-rated because it just helps the causes of Stewart, Mendenhall and Jones to find better teams then the ones in the top 10.

I also think Kevin Smith has some problems that keep him down witch is mainly the reason why I don't see him as an option. I'd rather go with Forte over Smith because Forte has that explosiveness at the end where Smith to me does not. I think Smith will be a good back, but not great. Forte may surprise people. McFadden will probably end up being a bust in a few years down the road. Choice will be a very good back, he has a bit of that Portis-type swagger but also the same problems Portis had and i mean take a few years to finally get into his groove.

The best 3 would be Stewart,Mendenhall and Jones.

Stewart reminds me more of a Bettis type back, power, swagger, vision and balance.

Mendenhall reminds me more of Davis, the perfect balance between power & speed, and has balance & patience to make the plays. He's more of the back you look for that can virtually plug and play anywhere just to see him do things that would blow you mind.

Jones to me looks more like the better back vs McFadden, and shows that he can play more in the NFL setting over McFadden. Plus he has something going for him and thats to fly under the radar and land in on a great team and not worry about his career being wasted in a team that may or may not get over .500
      Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM.
      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

McFadden is not overrated, the guy is electric. You know how hard it is to not only run, but break a long one off the direct snap, without any FB blocking for you? Harder than he makes it look, that's for sure. Now I like Mendenall and Stewart, but not over McFadden. He is on a different level.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
          Good catch Denver30,

That kind of play are very unlikely in the NFL, like a once in a blue moon type deal, and not very common. I hope McFadden keeps being over-rated because it just helps the causes of Stewart, Mendenhall and Jones to find better teams then the ones in the top 10.

I also think Kevin Smith has some problems that keep him down witch is mainly the reason why I don't see him as an option. I'd rather go with Forte over Smith because Forte has that explosiveness at the end where Smith to me does not. I think Smith will be a good back, but not great. Forte may surprise people. McFadden will probably end up being a bust in a few years down the road. Choice will be a very good back, he has a bit of that Portis-type swagger but also the same problems Portis had and i mean take a few years to finally get into his groove.

The best 3 would be Stewart,Mendenhall and Jones.

Stewart reminds me more of a Bettis type back, power, swagger, vision and balance.

Mendenhall reminds me more of Davis, the perfect balance between power & speed, and has balance & patience to make the plays. He's more of the back you look for that can virtually plug and play anywhere just to see him do things that would blow you mind.

Jones to me looks more like the better back vs McFadden, and shows that he can play more in the NFL setting over McFadden. Plus he has something going for him and thats to fly under the radar and land in on a great team and not worry about his career being wasted in a team that may or may not get over .500

I agree with you on every point except that Stewart has much more speed than Bettis. Make sure you give Stewart credit for his speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            McFadden is not overrated, the guy is electric. You know how hard it is to not only run, but break a long one off the direct snap, without any FB blocking for you? Harder than he makes it look, that's for sure. Now I like Mendenall and Stewart, but not over McFadden. He is on a different level.
            time will tell MP, but he's only produced well in a Direct Snap Situation. How many Football teams in the NFL utilize that kind of situation.

To me, if you needed to pull a mis-match you'll pull the Direct Snap and make the play. That play also can backfire as well.

The thing is, if thats McFadden's best runs came out of the Direct Snap Situation and he didnt do much on other regular plays thats something to look at as an Offense Coord. Due to it severly limits what your RB can do. Sure he can go back to being a normal back (not relying on the Direct Snap) but the thing is how long.
            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

time will tell MP, but he's only produced well in a Direct Snap Situation. How many Football teams in the NFL utilize that kind of situation.

To me, if you needed to pull a mis-match you'll pull the Direct Snap and make the play. That play also can backfire as well.

The thing is, if thats McFadden's best runs came out of the Direct Snap Situation and he didnt do much on other regular plays thats something to look at as an Offense Coord. Due to it severly limits what your RB can do. Sure he can go back to being a normal back (not relying on the Direct Snap) but the thing is how long.
              That's not true. He's had many great runs out of the shotgun, with the option, and even the singleback and I formations. It's just that a lot of his long, 80 yard TD scampers came off the direct snap.

Comment

I agree with you on every point except that Stewart has much more speed than Bettis. Make sure you give Stewart credit for his speed.
                well Bettis in his hay-day was very fast. thats what my friend dad keeps telling me. and you know he'll be mighty pissed if we take him over his dear steelers.

Yet he also told me that Mendenhall may catch Shanny's eye more then other people give him credit for and even while I was watching Mendenhall , i did some side by side comparison with Davis and if i wanted to choose a back out of those 3 I would go with Mendenhall hands down.

I also can see us deploying a 2 headed monster approach with Mendenhall/Henry and keeping young on the backburner to change with either of those two.

Can you Imagine how much Panic Defenses will go into if they See Mendenhall and Henry in the backfield. Then see Mendenhall go into motion and run out as a 3rd WR.. That would freakishly scare people.

Stewart/henry would make D-linemen fear sitting on the line.

Jones/Henry would be also scare people.

Comment

That's not true. He's had many great runs out of the shotgun, with the option, and even the singleback and I formations. It's just that a lot of his long, 80 yard TD scampers came off the direct snap.
                  Thats the thing, most look at his production will be looked at as the cause of Direct Snap Situation.

Still he'll be ok but the thing is he may also end up a big bust. Like I said I hope he stays in the top 5. it will only help those 3 RB's i mentioned in the first find more suitable homes on better teams.

Comment

Thats the thing, most look at his production will be looked at as the cause of Direct Snap Situation.

Still he'll be ok but the thing is he may also end up a big bust. Like I said I hope he stays in the top 5. it will only help those 3 RB's i mentioned in the first find more suitable homes on better teams.
                    Would you take Mendenhall over McFadden?

Comment

I don't know about BroncoKazuki but I think McFadden will be a huge bust relative to his hype. In other words, he will not live up to his hype by a long shot. He may be an okay RB, but he will not be as good as everyone thinks he is.

Comment

I would take Stewart, Mendenhall, and Jones over McFadden in that order.

Comment

ouch... thats a tuffy.

thats like saying would I take Mendenhall over Stewart.

Mendenhall = Tails

McFadden= Heads

Stewart = heads.

Mendenhall vs Stewart = tails guess my quarter says take Mendenhall

McFadden vs Mendenhall = oh wow heads

but i think if i had to pull the Trigger it would be Mendenhall, looking at everything and thinking back to the (Leinart, Cutler, V.Young) debate. I'd go the opposite. So that means getting Mendenhall over McFadden and Stewart over McFadden and Mendenhall over Stewart.
                          Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 02-05-2008, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I would take Stewart, Mendenhall, and Jones over McFadden in that order.
                            I think you're nuts. They're good backs, but Run DMC is special. To each his own though.

Comment

I think you're nuts. They're good backs, but Run DMC is special. To each his own though.

Hey, at least we agree to disagree!

Comment

Working...
                              X