Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE IDEA: Javon Walker to Philly...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TRADE IDEA: Javon Walker to Philly...

    Javon Walker goes to Philly, along w/ Denver's 2nd rounder and DEN's second 5th round selection, for the 19th pick in the first round?

    WHo much would it cost for DEN to move up 25 spots? From 12th pick in 2nd round to 19th in 1st (remember, there's no 32nd pick)...

    Philly's 1st rounder (19th pick) is worth: 875 points.
    DEN's 2nd round pick (44th pick) is worth: 460 points
    DEN's 2nd 5th round (140th pick) is worth: 36 points

    496 points for 875 points? Is that correct? How desperate are the Eagles to grant Mcnabb's request to get him a play maker? How desperate are they to gamble on Walker?

    WOuld this trade be better if we target Philly's 2nd or 3rd rounder? If we tossed in a 2009 pick?
    Last edited by fraguela09; 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Javon Walker goes to Philly, along w/ Denver's 2nd rounder and DEN's second 5th round selection, for the 19th pick in the first round (Philly's 1st rounder)?

    WHo much would it cost for DEN to move up 25 spots? From 12th pick in 2nd round to 19th in 1st (remember, there's no 32nd pick)...

    It's feasible but why would Philly want Javon? They have too many holes they need to fill to go for Javon. Now if we traded Javon to Minnesota, that would work.
    Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh please no..

      We need picks. We don't need to get rid of them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by denver30 View Post
        It\'s feasible but why would Philly want Javon? They have too many holes they need to fill to go for Javon. Now if we traded Javon to Minnesota, that would work.
        WR is one of their biggest needs. Neither Reggie Brown nor Kevin Curtis nor Jason Avant are #1 receivers. Javon is.

        I think Philly might do that trade, but why would we? Who would we be targeting with that pick?

        Comment


        • #5
          Maybe Javon Walker and our 2nd Round Pick for Philly's 1st Round.

          Philly has already said that they are interested in Javon Walker.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Max Power View Post
            WR is one of their biggest needs. Neither Reggie Brown nor Kevin Curtis nor Jason Avant are #1 receivers. Javon is.

            I think Philly might do that trade, but why would we? Who would we be targeting with that pick?

            We could pick up both an offensive and defensive player. Think Jonathan Stewart at 19 and Keith Rivers at 12. Also, Philly will not be going anywhere any time soon and Javon would not want to go there. And Philly should not seek a vet receiver when they have so much uncertainty.
            Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              (1) We could hope Phillips, Williams, or Mendenhall-Stewart slip. Well, say we grab one of these with the 12th pick, we can grab another here...

              OR...

              (2) We trade out again... grab a second, third and something else?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                Oh please no..

                We need picks. We don't need to get rid of them.
                We'd basically be losing a 5th round pick and moving up a ton of places with our second pick on draft day. It'd be a magnificent deal if Philadelphia would accept it.

                Not a chance they would though, this scenario values Walker at a mid 2nd round pick, which is outrageous.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by denver30 View Post
                  We could pick up both an offensive and defensive player. Think Jonathan Stewart at 19 and Keith Rivers at 12. Also, Philly will not be going anywhere any time soon and Javon would not want to go there. And Philly should not seek a vet receiver when they have so much uncertainty.

                  I thought about this... BUT, at the end of last year Philly was one of the better teams. Does that mean they pull a Green Bay next year? Or a San Fran? Hard to tell...

                  BUT, I imagine it gave Reid and Philly hope. Westbrook, Mcnabb and that defense were rock solid down the stretch. This might lead them to believe they are closer than some think... Using Green Bay as an example... And Pats... Maybe they make a play for a WR? They still get a high second, and most think that late 1st-to-early second is about equal value in terms of prospects in this draft!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If they're interested in him we could possibly package Walker with one of our 5th rounders in exchange for Philly's 3rd round pick, and even then we'd be doing well to pull that off.

                    Walker has very poor trade value, we'll not get much for him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      I thought about this... BUT, at the end of last year Philly was one of the better teams. Does that mean they pull a Green Bay next year? Or a San Fran? Hard to tell...

                      BUT, I imagine it gave Reid and Philly hope. Westbrook, Mcnabb and that defense were rock solid down the stretch. This might lead them to believe they are closer than some think... Using Green Bay as an example... And Pats... Maybe they make a play for a WR? They still get a high second, and most think that late 1st-to-early second is about equal value in terms of prospects in this draft!

                      Maybe, but the value is still off and I don't think Javon would want to go to Philly who may loose McNabb. That being said, if we could pull off this trade, I would be pleased.
                      Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Javon is worth at best a low 5th High 6th round pick


                        this is too risky either way you cut it.


                        I rather do a strait trade for one of their WR.


                        Like you said their 2 WR's arent considered number 1 threats so why not one of their WR for Javon.


                        But I rather trade to Dallas who we can pawn off a 6th round pick for him witch would be better then botching our draft. Witch this trade really does for just 2 1st round picks.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

                        Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I do agree that we would be lucky to get a 3rd for him. I imagine with both Philly and Minny right on that edge... we might be able to get one team to jump (sort of like what GB did in 2005)... and grab a third!

                          This is probably more likely... given what Javon's value is right now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                            Javon is worth at best a low 5th High 6th round pick


                            this is too risky either way you cut it.


                            I rather do a strait trade for one of their WR.


                            Like you said their 2 WR's arent considered number 1 threats so why not one of their WR for Javon.


                            But I rather trade to Dallas who we can pawn off a 6th round pick for him witch would be better then botching our draft. Witch this trade really does for just 2 1st round picks.

                            How would that be botching our draft??? Essentially we trade up from the second round and only loose a fifth rounder. I don't think Philly would go for the trade, but if they did, I would be stoked.
                            Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have a feeling Shanny will do everything possible to grab another Day One pick... I think I even remeber hearing how.... if Harrell or Timmons fell to DEN... they would have traded back in to the 1st and grabbed Moss along with the other.

                              AND.. given Shanny and the Boss' comments about building through the draft... I'm convinced we do something... EVEN IF that means trading a pick from 2009 draft.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X