No announcement yet.

TRADE IDEA: Javon Walker to Philly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would Philly be interested in Javon if Arizona is willing to part ways with Fitz who is younger, and healthier than Javon. I think there are better/healthier receivers out there that are more beneficial for the Eagles. I think if we don't keep Javon, he'll most likely just be cut. It could almost be similar in with the Al Wilson ordeal.

Welcome Travis!

Bailey Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      I have a feeling Shanny will do everything possible to grab another Day One pick... I think I even remeber hearing how.... if Harrell or Timmons fell to DEN... they would have traded back in to the 1st and grabbed Moss along with the other.

AND.. given Shanny and the Boss' comments about building through the draft... I'm convinced we do something... EVEN IF that means trading a pick from 2009 draft.
      another day 1 pick virtually means another round 2 pick.

Would be too expensive to even scratch the round 1, but it would be wiser to grab another round 2 pick.

Mostly because round 1 and 2 are on the same day. rounds 3 and 4 day 2, 5 6 7 day 3 I think.

the bottom of the first Draft picks 25-32 by point value
      25th & 26th pick = 750pts
      27th- 30th pick = 720 pts
      31st pick = 700pts
      32nd pick = 680 pts

the 32nd pick is worth equal to a 2nd rounds 33rd pick that Miami has at 680 pts

So in question a Day 1 pick doesnt mean 1st round it means 2nd round because if we try climbing into the first we'll get screwed point wise. And I doubt Javon is worth much, we may get alot thats if ppl try to outbid eachother, but flat out Javon is best worth a low 5th (30pts) to high 6th (20pts).

So how you slice it unless we spend big (draft wise) getting another round 1 pick would screw us out.

Thats why I think if we can somewhat salvage our 3rd and grab DET's 3rd we can move into the 2nd and grab another 4th from another team.
      Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 02-05-2008, 05:14 PM.
      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

REMEMBER: There is no 32nd pick this year. Pats lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
          round 1 and 2 are on the same day. rounds 3 and 4 day 2, 5 6 7 day 3 I think.
          They changed it? Are there three days this year?
          Owned:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronkster View Post
            I know that day 1 consist of round 1 and 2.

i'll just wiki it when i get time right now i got a paper to write
            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronkster View Post
              Only two rounds will take place during the first day, changing from three in previous years. The draft will also start at 3:00 p.m. US EDT, after starting at noon in previous years. Limits in the amount of time a team has to make a selection have also changed: the first round has been reduced from fifteen minutes to ten, and the second round was reduced from ten minutes to seven. The second day will begin at 10:00 a.m. US EDT, for the remaining five rounds with no changes to the five-minute selection time limit.[3]

Straight from Wiki, the ultimate source for knowledge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                Javon Walker goes to Philly, along w/ Denver's 2nd rounder and DEN's second 5th round selection, for the 19th pick in the first round?

WHo much would it cost for DEN to move up 25 spots? From 12th pick in 2nd round to 19th in 1st (remember, there's no 32nd pick)...

Philly's 1st rounder (19th pick) is worth: 875 points.
                DEN's 2nd round pick (44th pick) is worth: 460 points
                DEN's 2nd 5th round (140th pick) is worth: 36 points

496 points for 875 points? Is that correct? How desperate are the Eagles to grant Mcnabb's request to get him a play maker? How desperate are they to gamble on Walker?

WOuld this trade be better if we target Philly's 2nd or 3rd rounder? If we tossed in a 2009 pick?
                I think Oklahoma's Malcom Kelly, once the Combine happens, will be right around that #20 area, so if you are Philly, why not simply take him rather than gamble on 'damaged goods'? Andy Reid is a pretty smart guy....not sure I would count on him making a foolish trade...it is possible Walker could end up in Philly, as WR is a need, but it would more likely be for a straight up 3rd rounder.

All in all, I would keep Javon Walker rather than fire sale him for a 3rd round pick, which is what the Broncos are probably looking at in return, if they are that lucky.

Comment

Working...
                X