Trade Of Javon Should Only Be Last Resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Of Javon Should Only Be Last Resort

If the Broncos know what's best for them, Javon Walker needs to remain a Denver Bronco, period.

The Broncos do not have the luxury of giving away talented players, especially for something like a 3rd round pick. I do not want to hear about his contract, or the money he is due, it's all cartoon money anyway, and you are not writing the checks. This is the challenge to Mike Shanahan, mend the fences with Javon Walker and get him fired up and excited about being a Bronco. Bury your 'pride' and get Javon Walker back in the fold. It's as simple as that.

With Javon Walker, our WR corps, and in fact our entire Offense have a chance to be among the best in the NFL next season...without him, we have no true No. 2 starter, and we will have to hope Brandon Stokley can play a full season healthy, which is doubtful....with Walker, Stokley becomes a perfect No. 3 wideout in our Offense, and accentuates it that much more....and there is no player we can get as a second rounder or Free Agent that is as good as Javon Walker.

If we do Draft a RB such as Jonathan Stewart in the first round, and add that to Cutler, Marshall, J Walker, Stokley, Scheffler, Daniel Graham and Selvin Young? Mighty scarry indeed, if you have to defend them...

Let's keep Javon Walker. If he is healthy and plays his game, there is no second or third round pick that can match his talents.

We took the gamble to aquire him, and gave away the Draft picks then; we might as well see it through.

I agree. He's more valuable to us on the field than anything we could get in return. Javon - shut up and play you diva!

Comment

We are better with Walker than without, no argument there.

The one thing we can't afford however is a wide reciever upsetting the locker room, especially not with a young QB. If we had a seasoned guy who would tell him to sit down and be quiet, I wouldn't be so nervous.

Comment

Brandon Marshall said he thinks Javon Walker is a need for the team, he wants him to stay a bronco hes not selfish and he don't mind sharing, he said they can be like Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison.

He said hes going to try and reach out to Javon Walker this off-season

hopefully it all works out

http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=...nc.dayport.com

Great Interview w/ Marshall from the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
          If the Broncos know what's best for them, Javon Walker needs to remain a Denver Bronco, period.

The Broncos do not have the luxury of giving away talented players, especially for something like a 3rd round pick. I do not want to hear about his contract, or the money he is due, it's all cartoon money anyway, and you are not writing the checks. This is the challenge to Mike Shanahan, mend the fences with Javon Walker and get him fired up and excited about being a Bronco. Bury your 'pride' and get Javon Walker back in the fold. It's as simple as that.

With Javon Walker, our WR corps, and in fact our entire Offense have a chance to be among the best in the NFL next season...without him, we have no true No. 2 starter, and we will have to hope Brandon Stokley can play a full season healthy, which is doubtful....with Walker, Stokley becomes a perfect No. 3 wideout in our Offense, and accentuates it that much more....and there is no player we can get as a second rounder or Free Agent that is as good as Javon Walker.

If we do Draft a RB such as Jonathan Stewart in the first round, and add that to Cutler, Marshall, J Walker, Stokley, Scheffler, Daniel Graham and Selvin Young? Mighty scarry indeed, if you have to defend them...

Let's keep Javon Walker. If he is healthy and plays his game, there is no second or third round pick that can match his talents.

We took the gamble to aquire him, and gave away the Draft picks then; we might as well see it through.
          Good Argument but the thing is all pulls up to Walkers Pride.

Yes pride is something that may keep Walker from being a Bronco next year. If I was him I would come back at a lesser price and play hard to get another big contract somewhere else, that may mean better draft pick for us and a good chunk contract for him.

Shanahan may try the fire-sale for him witch may give us a 3rd, 4th or even 5th but I do think we need to invest in a WR depth because we were hurting for a WR opposite to Marshall.

So even if we draft a WR this year we should just have that 2nd round WR as a depth or split catches with Marshall giving Javon the ego boost that he needs plus gives us depth.

At the end of the 2008 season Walker would have brought up his trade stock, give us a better chance to move up in the draft next year in 2009, and we'd have his replacement ready to go for the 2009 season.

Still a fire sale of a cancer... I wouldnt be shedding a tear if we get rid of the Javon .. not one bit.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post
            Brandon Marshall said he thinks Javon Walker is a need for the team, he wants him to stay a bronco hes not selfish and he don't mind sharing, he said they can be like Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison.

Great Interview; thanks for the link.

Comment

Javon Walker is too much of a liability both in the locker room and in health durability.

He does not want to be here. Trade him away.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                Javon Walker is too much of a liability both in the locker room and in health durability.

He does not want to be here. Trade him away.
                Javon Walker also had Darrent Williams die in his arms, let us not forget....that's pretty heavy duty stuff.

I say he gets a mulligan for last year, which was just a bad year for the Broncos on so many levels.

I say give him a fresh start and go from there....winning tends to be a great healer, and I think that with this assortment of weapons, provided the Broncos find a true answer at tailback, our Offense can be among the elite in the NFL in very short order; in fact as soon as next year.

Comment

Javon Walker also had Darrent Williams die in his arms, let us not forget....that's pretty heavy duty stuff.

I say he gets a mulligan for last year, which was just a bad year for the Broncos on so many levels.

I say give him a fresh start and go from there....winning tends to be a great healer, and I think that with this assortment of weapons, provided the Broncos find a true answer at tailback, our Offense can be among the elite in the NFL in very short order; in fact as soon as next year.

I agree. If we get an elite back, keep Javon, and if we get Royal for a fourth receiver; then we will have a very elite offense. And let us not forget that Nalen and Hamilton will be back.
                  Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by denver30 View Post
                    I agree. If we get an elite back, keep Javon, and if we get Royal for a fourth receiver; then we will have a very elite offense. And let us not forget that Nalen and Hamilton will be back.
                    I would also pay the money and sign Alan Faneca, and let Ben Hamilton go.

Faneca will be expensive, but he would also be worth his weight in Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty View Post

that interview was great, i really think we are going to keep walker but that's just me.
                      Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                      Supporting this staff!
                      Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

I agree that Faneca is better than Hamilton, however, Faneca will not come here and the best thing we have is Hamilton. And I don't think Hamilton is bad enough that we need to look for his replacement.
                        Let's fix this defense!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

or just sign him in case and sure up the O-line.

in all getting an insurance policy in WR would be the best remedy for us, and if we can use Javon next year to move up in the draft to grab a very good DT,ILB or FS it would be the win-win scenario.
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

I can appreciate the feelings of some fans concerning Javon, but the reality is simply this...

He's due some HUGE money if we keep him. Considering the uncertainty of his knee, the Broncos aren't likely to keep him if he doesn't restructure.

Since he's already on record about that, he's going to be gone.

Besides, he's only desirable to keep if he can play. No one knows that for sure. If he can't, what good does it do to keep him?

Unless there's a change concerning his current contract, he's gone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                              I can appreciate the feelings of some fans concerning Javon, but the reality is simply this...

He's due some HUGE money if we keep him. Considering the uncertainty of his knee, the Broncos aren't likely to keep him if he doesn't restructure.

Since he's already on record about that, he's going to be gone.

Besides, he's only desirable to keep if he can play. No one knows that for sure. If he can't, what good does it do to keep him?

Unless there's a change concerning his current contract, he's gone.
                              Good info there. Assuming he is gone, how do they go about finding his replacement?

Comment

Working...
                              X