Do Not Draft A Runningback!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight View Post
    And as far as the RB prospects I mentioned, I did not mean they would have first round grades, but in terms of natural ability, and athleticism they have shown flashes of first round ability to me. I would rather take a shot on one of these guys and develop them, I'm sure Bobby Turner has his eye on someone and he has shown to do a good job with taking RB's to the next level.

that right there is the pure reason why we should stop shopping in the gutter like we always do every year, witch makes RB a constant need almost ever year.

the last best back we got was Portis in the 2nd round.

we got burned by Tatum. and we had to bite the bullet twice when we could have gotten an RB. (Cutler witch was the better bite, Defensive players for a scheme that never took a-hold in our defense)

So yea, unless your content with 'flashes' for RB's then by all mean let us keep throwing money at 2nd rate talent. All it will do is take picks away from needs each year instead of taking the BAP(which will be RB) in the 1st.
    Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 02-11-2008, 10:36 PM.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
      that right there is the pure reason why we should stop shopping in the gutter like we always do every year, witch makes RB a constant need almost ever year.

the last best back we got was Portis in the 2nd round.

we got burned by Tatum. and we had to bite the bullet twice when we could have gotten an RB. (Cutler witch was the better bite, Defensive players for a scheme that never took a-hold in our defense)

So yea, unless your content with 'flashes' for RB's then by all mean let us keep throwing money at 2nd rate talent. All it will do is take picks away from needs each year instead of taking the BAP(witch will be RB) in the 1st.

ok man sorry i dont usually correct spelling and grammar but its getting annoying

its which not witch

thank you have a nice day
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

we got Tatum in the second round too if you don't remember.

Honestly I like Mendenhall, he is impressive but he is not the savior like everyone is predicting, and it is pointless to draft a RB if you don't have OT's which we do not. We also have greater needs at DT and LB and S. If we can trade back and pick up Rogers from Detroit and still pick Mendenhall up with the first pick then I am for it but that kind of **** doesn't happen in the draft as much as we would all like it to. I don't like Stewart he has the physical tools but I question his effort and intensity which kills me being an Oregon fan, we all knew how good he was but his production wasn't consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight View Post
          we got Tatum in the second round too if you don't remember.

Honestly I like Mendenhall, he is impressive but he is not the savior like everyone is predicting, and it is pointless to draft a RB if you don't have OT's which we do not. We also have greater needs at DT and LB and S. If we can trade back and pick up Rogers from Detroit and still pick Mendenhall up with the first pick then I am for it but that kind of **** doesn't happen in the draft as much as we would all like it to. I don't like Stewart he has the physical tools but I question his effort and intensity which kills me being an Oregon fan, we all knew how good he was but his production wasn't consistent.

im not discounting the OT/DT/LB/S at all, In fact those will be addressed but lets not kid ourselves of the fact that the value for DT/LB/S is not there at the 12-15 spot.

As well as we dont know If Shanny will go all Air, but the money is he'll stick to his run game so going to build a solid pocket for Cutler will make going OT not so high on the list. We'll address it but it wont be at the high round like everyone hopes we'll do.

Also people are hoping we get another round 1 pick, when we have a higher chance of getting another round 2 pick instead.

and some of the OT's we could target after the first.
          Sam Baker.....................USC..................... ..1-2 (likely fall to the 2nd)
          Jeff Otah.....................Pittsburgh............... ..1-2(most likely fall to the 2nd)
          Anthony Collins.............Kansas......................2 (we should go after)
          Carl Nicks....................Nebraska................. ..2-3 (good pick up)
          Heath Benedict..............Newberry..................3 (not 100% sold but he's solid)
          John Greco.... Toledo..rd 3-4
          Duane Brown...VT......rd 4
          Tony Hills........Texas..rd 3-4
          Oniel Cousins....UTEP...rd 4 (a natural OG instead of an OT)

Going Defense next year to fill the holes we gapped across would be the best outcome.

Also in my quote i said we got burned by Tatum (i knew he was a 2nd round back) so it kinda implied that we went high in the 2nd yet got burned because of it.

So yea, its time to stop getting burned. We dont know until FA is done what Shanny will do in the draft but the smart money is he'll try to add just enough FA's on the Defensive side to compensate for the lack of top knotch Defensive talent at where we are at in the 12th spot in the first round. We'll also add some Vet O-linemen to solidify the O-line more. Which will give us more of a run for RB.
          Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 02-11-2008, 10:54 PM.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

I don' t know. After all these threads of saying we shouldn't get a RB... is making really hope we do!!! now I'm pumped up to get a RB in the first baby!!!

Comment

Working...
            X