Here is how to Trade Dallas for M. Barber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is how to Trade Dallas for M. Barber

Dallas' owner Jerry is rumored to be enamored with Arkansas McFadden almost to the level that Mike Ditka wanted Ricky Williams. There are reports that he is making a huge push for Miami's first overall pick in the draft with an offer of Marion Barber III, Marcus Spears and their 2 first round picks. It appears that Bill Parcells does not want to drop down all the way to # 22 in the first round and is already very happy to have Ronnie Brown as his halfback. That is where the Broncos come in. We could offer to trade from 12 to 22 for Barber which would allow Dallas to trade #12 and 28 plus Spears (and I'm sure there would be other picks or maybe even another one of Parcells former players in Dallas involved) but we would get a big play briuser who has a lot of experience in a zone blocking scheme from his college days at Minnesota and stay in the first round. If we could swing this deal we could cut or Trade Travis Henry and focus our draft on Defense, O-line depth and a WR depending on Free Agent signings.

Im digging it.

Comment

We could move to 28 too

If they are not willing to do that I wouldn't mind moving down to 28 and picking up extra picks in the middle rounds too. I am all for trading down and having multiple picks in rounds 2-4 because we are talking about getting deeper and middle rounders will do that for us. Imagine getting #28 and then trading that pick down into the early 2nd for an extra 3rd or 4th and a pick next year. That would give us 2 2nds, a 3rd, and 2 4ths plus whatever we could get from Dallas to make the trade to 28 (maybe another 3 or 4) and Marion Barber. We could add DT, LB, S, WR, OT all in rounds 2-4. Imagine the type of players available to us at that stage in the draft. We could could get real young talent in bulk, and Barber. Look how well adding young talent worked out for Green Bay over the last couple of years. Couple that with the Cutler,Scheffler, Marshall, Dumerville draft from 2 years ago and our D-line draft of last year and we could look a lot like the the Chargers, Titans, and Packers do. That is to say, full of young up and coming talent. We could compete for a Super bowl for the next 5- 6 years.

Comment

Your second idea is better than your first, but remind me why we need Marion Barber? I would rather do the trade for someone like Chris Canty or Akin Oyedele.
        Owned:
        sigpic

Comment

Oh please no, this is not happening, arrggghhhhh! That is about how it will sound in my house if we pull that trade, right before I spontaneously self-combust.

Barber is going to be paid like a feature back, which he will never be. So we end up getting another rotational runningback at the cost of a mid 2nd round pick and a huge contract.

We can't keep this committee stuff going, we need somebody who can pull the load, and Barber isn't that somebody.

Comment

no

this would be horrible. dallas wants walker. we value him in the third. in exchange for our 12th overall and their 22nd and 28th they can get a higher first round draft pick as mcfadden will fall to 4-8. this trade would put walker in the high third according to the draft value chart. dallas would then make a draft day trade to move up. much more likely than moving up to 1. denver had needs and must fil them with high draft picks.

Comment

I don't think this would work, but i would love to have Barber. He's not a feature back by any means, but he and Young would be a good tandem. Barber is no scrub, there is no way it would hurt us to have him. The guy is a beast.!
              Adopted 2010 Bronco: Chris Kuper
              Adopted 2011 Bronco: Brian Dawkins

Comment

That's the same as trading a 2nd round pick for Barber......No thank you......

Comment

See what 1 win will do??

Could you imagine how much more we could have done if we would have just LOST to the Vikings in a game that was merely the deciding factor in ourt place in the draft??!!?!?!?

We would have been the 9th pick instead of the 12th, and this could have done us so much good. Whether it meant drafting a top 10 player ourselves, OR trading down & getting a whole bunch of extra picks. Either way it woudl have done us some immense good.

But hey, we had to play for our pride!!! Pride lost us some possible good businnes moves in the draft. But hey, at least they are proud of their win.

Comment

Will not happen...

Comment

I'd take Barber over Henry, and I really like the idea of a Barber/Young tandem.
                      BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                      IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Too bad if Ted Sundquist and Mike Shanahan weren't idiots, we'd of already had him. We took MCLA instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy_J View Post
                          Could you imagine how much more we could have done if we would have just LOST to the Vikings in a game that was merely the deciding factor in ourt place in the draft??!!?!?!?

We would have been the 9th pick instead of the 12th, and this could have done us so much good. Whether it meant drafting a top 10 player ourselves, OR trading down & getting a whole bunch of extra picks. Either way it woudl have done us some immense good.

But hey, we had to play for our pride!!! Pride lost us some possible good businnes moves in the draft. But hey, at least they are proud of their win.
                          Play the game to win.

Comment

I think Parcells would rather select D-Mac and bench him for the rest of his career then deal with Jones so he gets his guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
                              Too bad if Ted Sundquist and Mike Shanahan weren't idiots, we'd of already had him. We took MCLA instead.
                              I couldn't agree more!!!! Worst pick I've been alive for and I knew it the moment it was announced.

Comment

Working...
                              X