justin smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• justin smith

hes from cincinatti. what does everyone else think about him? hes in his mid 20's i think and we dont know how the aging ekuban will be when he comes back. engelberger is a nice guy and all... but theres no way against the run or pass that you can compare him with justin smith. let those two go and bring him in. this will also let moss, crowder, and dumervil get more playing time.

Think he will have a franchise tag on him soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
      Think he will have a franchise tag on him soon.
      I doubt that very seriously. They did last year when they should of tagged Eric Steinbach (OL), who they lost to the Browns. BIG MISTAKE. The tag cost them $8.6 million to keep Smith. After last year, I doubt they do it again when he had a mediocre season. I definately seeing him head into free agency.

Comment

You realize though Justin Smith is their whole front 7. That defense is in shambles and if they keep Smith and draft Ellis/Dorsey/Rivers that is a solid foundation to a bright future. Bengals need to stop drafting from America's Most Wanted and start drafting quality with character, then they will propser.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
          You realize though Justin Smith is their whole front 7. That defense is in shambles and if they keep Smith and draft Ellis/Dorsey/Rivers that is a solid foundation to a bright future. Bengals need to stop drafting from America's Most Wanted and start drafting quality with character, then they will propser.
          Your forgetting Robert Geathers and ...

Michael Myers that guy is a beast.

I am thinking they will let Justin Smith go, it seems to me if he was that important they would have signed him to a long term deal by now.

Comment

Unfortunately he will get the franchise tag. The guy would look great in the orange & blue though.

Haynesworth would also look good in the orange and blue, but he would also be franchised.
            sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

Absolutely not, this guy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated, and can get lazy at times. he will demand big money, and I think Ekuban or Engelberger will be just as productive, not to mention the likes of Dumervil, Moss, and Crowder!!!

Comment

He's not going to be tagged again. He's definitely going to be a Free Agent. He's a quality player, much like Ebenezor Ekuban, but offers little in the way of dynamics.

We're better off just re-signing Ekuban, which is what I think we'll do. Justin Smith will probably go to a team like the Raiders that could use a Power End to pair with a pass rushing dynamo.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  Absolutely not, this guy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated, and can get lazy at times. he will demand big money, and I think Ekuban or Engelberger will be just as productive, not to mention the likes of Dumervil, Moss, and Crowder!!!
                  I am curious as to how you justify this statement. Justin Smith is a solid all around DE that has never had a season with less than 50 tackles, while Engelberger has never had a season where he reached 50 tackles. Plus, Smith's sack totals are respectable and a lot better than Engelberger's.

I agree that Ekuban CAN be just as productive, and I believe Crowder is promising. But Ekuban has only proven that once in his career and Crowder is not proven at all.

As well, Dumervil and Moss are both pass rushing specialtists and do not play against the run as well as Justin Smith.

Smith would be a great addition to this team and a welcome replacement for Engelberger. I believe he will leave Cinncy, but be too expensive for us.

Comment

he is way better than engelberger. and he is better at pass rushing and younger than ekuban. dumervil and moss are speed rushers and as of now are not good against the run. situational players as it were. crowder is above avg. at the left defensive end position. but he needs breaks. and this way you can have two de against the run crowder/smith and three againt the pass smith/dumervil/moss. good rotations. as this is what denver does.

Comment

I thought you weren't allowed to tag a guy 2 years in a row? If he was franchised last year, he cannot this year, right?

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                        I thought you weren't allowed to tag a guy 2 years in a row? If he was franchised last year, he cannot this year, right?
                        I'am pretty sure you can, unless it is stipulated in the contract they sign that they won't be franchised the following year. Case and point, Asante Samuel, who was not to be franchised the following year per contractual agreement.

Comment

Justin Smith? Pass.

Comment

Working...
                          X