Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Broncos swap Walker for Fitzgerald?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Broncos swap Walker for Fitzgerald?

Apparently both players want out of where they are.

Fitzgerald is definitely more valuable than Walker. He had 100 catches for 1409 yard and 10 TD's.

Walker had down year because of his injury(which will be a concern if the Broncos try to trade him).

But his previous year almost matches Fitzgerald's output this year.

Maybe the Broncos could add Mike Bell into the deal, and swap draft positions? The Broncos select 12th, and the Cardinals 16th. They would only be moving down 4 slots, and there will still be talent at needed positions there for the Broncos to draft.
    sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Basically zero chance of that happening, although it would be nice.

Comment

That would be sweet! But no chance in hell...
      Owned:
      sigpic

Comment

:hammer:

(No Comment)

Comment

the 2 years are not even close

Walkers numbers in 06 were 69 grabs for just over 1000 yds and 8 tds + 1 rushing. That doesent add up to a 100 catch 1400 yd 10 td season. Fitz is lightyears beyond walker. Ive said it before, Javon has made a 6 year career off of one legitamate pro bowl year in GB. I think he has a lot of skill, but lets face it he hasnt been as good as everyone wants to think he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanket24 View Post
            Walkers numbers in 06 were 69 grabs for just over 1000 yds and 8 tds + 1 rushing. That doesent add up to a 100 catch 1400 yd 10 td season. Fitz is lightyears beyond walker. Ive said it before, Javon has made a 6 year career off of one legitamate pro bowl year in GB. I think he has a lot of skill, but lets face it he hasnt been as good as everyone wants to think he is.
            That's why I said add Mike Bell and swap draft positions.
            sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Comment

Originally posted by Breakaway23 View Post
              lufreakinlz

Comment

I say we swap Ekuban for Mario Williams. We can throw in Travis Henry to sweeten the pot.

Any takers?

Heck, since we're daydreaming impossible trades anyways, let's say Engleberger for Williams, and the 2011 7th round draft pick. I'd pull the trigger on that one pretty quick!!

Comment

Larry Fitzgerald just turned 24 years old in August; he has had four years in the NFL under his belt and has done for a terrible team with a quarterback carousel. Javon Walker is a punk compared to Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald's market value is easy a top fifteen selection itself, along with some other good players.

Denver would probably have to trade #12, Walker and a few other selections to nab him.

That's how much value he has.

Comment

Suuuuure we can. Why not? I mean... I think the cardinals would be FOOLISH not to take Walker for Fitz. Just swap-em-out. I think it sounds like a fair trade to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakaway23 View Post
                      Walker/Bell and our first for Fitzgerald and maybe their 3rd is probably more like it.

Walker/Bell have low value trade value.

Fitzgerald has at least a first.

No way they would just swap first round picks.

It would take our first, along with their arguably 3rd or worse to do a Walker/Bell for Fitzgerald deal.

Comment

at least he posed the topic as a question. That way all I have to say is
                        no.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          Walker/Bell and our first for Fitzgerald and maybe their 3rd is probably more like it.
                          lufreakinglz

Comment

Fitzgerald is a top 5 receiver. No way it would happen.

Comment

its a possiblity but, the reason they are trying to trade him is because of his hefty contract that includes 17 mil this year and another 19 mil the other. So if you trade for him your going to get on heck of a contract for only 2 more years

Comment

Working...
                              X